NEWS

Welcome!

• 772 Replies

adzling

« Reply #600 on: <07-08-14/0950:12> »
heyup chummers, my story is "hoary old goat returns to rp'ing later in life" ;-)

I DM'd a 4 year Shadowrun 1 campaign back in '90, put the books down when I graduated college and haven't had the time to pick 'em up again until now.
Returning to a PnP RP'ing world much changed, market seems to have shrunk considerably as the younguns moved to mmorgs.
Glad to see Shadowrun making a resurgence but the quality of editing has greatly deteriorated unfortunately, ah well.

Pulling out my old Smoke campaign and polishing it up for 5th e.
Hopefully it will be together enough to reboot by the time my crew has their rping chops up to snuff.

c u on the board.

cantrip

• Omae
« Reply #601 on: <07-09-14/1300:44> »
Welcome adzling!

I'm a returning player from the 90s myself --- let's face it: once a Runner, always a Runner!  :D

FastJack

• Administrator
  • Prime Runner
  • Kids these days...
« Reply #602 on: <07-09-14/1643:31> »
Welcome adzling! Have fun, poke around in the Virtual, ask freelancers some questions, don't be a dick™, and be careful of the rules threads. We had a mild flame war and are still counting the bodies.

adzling

« Reply #603 on: <07-09-14/1645:54> »
Thanks for the warm welcome and roger that re: flaming.

all the best with that nanite infection btw....

voydangel

• Omae
  • SR GM since 1990. Damn I'm old.
« Reply #604 on: <07-09-14/1738:30> »
This is shadowrun, aren't there supposed to be bodies?
;)
I'm just kidding - but yea, people get passionate about RAI/RAW/etc.

And welcome =)
My tips for new GM's
Unless it is coming from an official source, RAI = "Rules As Imagined."
SR1+SR2+SR3++SR4++SR5+++h+b+++B+D382UBIE-RN---DSF-W+m+(o++)gm+MP

horngeek

• Newb
« Reply #605 on: <07-09-14/1856:48> »
don't be a dick™

The internet would be so much better off if more people remembered this one...

Isane

• Newb
« Reply #606 on: <07-10-14/1638:43> »
Hello everyone.  I've only been running the shadows for about a year or so, thanks to both Shadowrun Returns as well as some friends bringing me into their 4th edition game, and suffice to say that I was hooked instantly.
"Speech"  'Thought'   <Matrix>

Teddy

• Newb
« Reply #607 on: <07-18-14/1225:14> »
Just signed up  ;D

Will I have to type captcha, and two questions for every post ever??? That seems like a big-time overkill.

The Wyrm Ouroboros

• Prime Runner
  • I Have Taken All Shadowrun To Be My Province
« Reply #608 on: <07-18-14/1939:40> »
Naah.  We'll trust you ... eventually.  ;)
Pananagutan & End/Line

Old As McBean, Twice As Mean
"Oh, gee - it's Go-Frag-Yourself-O'Clock."
New Wyrm!! Now with Twice the Bastard!!

Laés is ... I forget. -PiXeL01
Play the game. Don't try to win it.

Mara

• Ace Runner
« Reply #609 on: <07-19-14/2107:38> »
Just signed up  ;D

Will I have to type captcha, and two questions for every post ever??? That seems like a big-time overkill.

I believe it is your first 10 posts. They have had issues with spambots.

Trixyblue

• Newb
« Reply #610 on: <07-29-14/0254:05> »
A GM thats returning to Shadowrun after getting the first rulebook when it was released by FASA, played and owned every edition, but had a long time out of the game and wanting to get back in and try out the new rules.

saithor

• Omae
« Reply #611 on: <07-30-14/2223:12> »
Hello, Novice Shadowrun player inbound. I'm a consummate play by poster, as I am unable to find a nearby group to play RPG's with outside of my High School Game's Club. Previous RPG experience? I've played both 1st edition AD&D and the IKRPG for quite a while, and enjoyed both.
Dialogue
Comn
Astral
Thoughts
What's your favorite scary movie?

Nails

• Newb
« Reply #612 on: <08-29-14/2319:13> »
 ;D Dear Chummers,

I am Nails and I have been playing since 1992. I get the extreme pleasure of typically GMing for the group instead of being a player. Nevertheless, when I do get to play I play a drawf who is either a tank or a decker/technomancer.

I am currently running a Cleveland based 5.0 game with lots of good Cleveland drama and events. I post the events on North Coast Gamers on http://www.meetup.com/North-Coast-Gamers-Cleveland/. Please note I prefer role-play instead of roll-playing. I basically try to make my runs a story instead of a dungeon crawl.

The Wyrm Ouroboros

• Prime Runner
  • I Have Taken All Shadowrun To Be My Province
« Reply #613 on: <08-30-14/0019:48> »
Wilkommen.  Clean up the mud and blood you get on the floor, check your weapons at the door, and don't tease the Canadian; he withholds our maple syrup ration when he gets irritable.
Pananagutan & End/Line

Old As McBean, Twice As Mean
"Oh, gee - it's Go-Frag-Yourself-O'Clock."
New Wyrm!! Now with Twice the Bastard!!

Laés is ... I forget. -PiXeL01
Play the game. Don't try to win it.

FrostyTheDragon

• Newb
« Reply #614 on: <09-09-14/2222:03> »
Well, where to begin...

Despite having roleplayed for a couple of years now, I'm something of a rookie as far as Shadowrun goes.  I have, however, already run the quick-start stuff with one small group I know, so I'm not completely in the dark on it.

Okay, more seriously, it's just learning how it all fits together from the player's side that I need to understand before I call myself comfortable with the system.  My experience with Shadowrun amounts to a couple of video games (the SNES one, which I understand as being little help here, and a slight amount of Shadowrun Returns), that quick-start thing I mentioned (my players in that insisted that certain parallels between the Shadowrun setting and the modern day are too close), and a bunch of stories that were recovered from Dumpshock's archive (about what NOT to do when running the shadows).  In other words, I have a few pieces deciphered but they're kind of scattered.

I should note that I'm one of those people who will try to push the envelope, so to speak, with character concepts and then try to play said characters seriously.  For instance, with the 5e rules I find myself trying to seriously come up with a proper concept and backstory for a troll decker.

Go ahead, laugh.

Seriously, though - and following up from someone else's welcome post - I actually got this sudden appreciation of tabletop RPGs (until about three years ago, I didn't think much of them) after spending enough time on MMOs.  Something about those felt... stifling compared to tabletop gaming.  I've also found that unlike a fair number of roleplayers I know, complexity does not really get to me - I can pretty much learn ANY system given enough effort.

So... yeah, that's me in a nutshell.