NEWS

Welcome!

• 772 Replies

theKernel

• Omae
  • I believe you like it served cold -Matador
« Reply #120 on: <11-06-10/1414:01> »
First day, waiting for replies to my posts, um any advice on hacker chacracter understanding the matrix better?
I really wish the writers of this game would have made it simpiler. I am into computers and I am finding this fictional internet world more confusing then the real thing.
HACK THE PLANET
Theres no place like 127.0.0.1
Always start and end character creation by asking yourself "why is this character not an ork." If you don't have a good answer you should be an ork. -UmaroVI
"Stay at least one lie ahead of everyone else"-Vitriol
SR4+++hbB?!Wdk++o+++++M+P-

Qemuel

• Chummer
« Reply #121 on: <11-06-10/1425:21> »
Welcome to the boards!

For advice on character creation, simply start a topic in Character creation and critique.  For specific rules questions, you can post in Rules and such, etc.  One of the best ways to get a handle on the rules, inho, is to create a character.  That process leads to all kinds of questions that need to be answered.   :)   "Can-o-worms" so to speak.  It's a great way to jump feet first into the world.

After that's done, try to run a simple combat scenario.  Let us know if you have questions as they pop up!

Again, welcome!

Kot

• Ace Runner
  • Meaow
« Reply #122 on: <11-12-10/1036:48> »
Hello, people.
Greetings from Poland. :)

Can i ask, where should i post official info requests? I'd really love to know a few things about SR4 Poland in CGL Canon.
Mariusz "Kot" Butrykowski
"Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons for you are crunchy and good with ketchup."

FastJack

• Administrator
  • Prime Runner
  • Kids these days...
« Reply #123 on: <11-12-10/1046:05> »
You can make the request pretty much anywhere, but the board this thread is in may be the best.

lonewolf23k

• Newb
« Reply #124 on: <11-22-10/0949:46> »
Hello!  Joined up for the High Concept thread, but definitely staying.

Doc Chaos

• Omae
  • Bavarian Mr. Johnson
« Reply #125 on: <11-23-10/0554:09> »
Welcome on board then ;)
SR4A Limited Edition [german] - 0478/1100

FastJack

• Administrator
  • Prime Runner
  • Kids these days...
« Reply #126 on: <11-23-10/0857:33> »
Welcome youngling! Don't mind the old code and be careful not to wake the dragon sleeping in the corner.

loren

• Newb
« Reply #127 on: <11-24-10/1219:04> »
The last week I've been wandering the internet desperately trying to find somewhere like this, as I've finally gotten into a Shadowrun game at my game store. I heard about SR three years ago and well... the dice have finally rolled to give me an opportunity to play. I got conned into making up a magician, but it's not as confusing as I thought it'd be. Granted, I still have no idea what I'm doing and I just roll what I'm told to roll. Anyway...

As for me, I come from a nice stint playing D&D3.5/4E/Pathfinder the past couple years.  I'm in college, I paint miniatures, I play WoW... I speak three languages.. That's me. Gamer chick, nerdgirl extraordinaire.

/Flourish

Nice to find this place!

FastJack

• Administrator
  • Prime Runner
  • Kids these days...
« Reply #128 on: <11-24-10/1239:41> »
Welcome! Always brightens my day to see a newb in the hallways, especially one of the rarer female versions! Hopefully we don't scare you away too much. ;)

loren

• Newb
« Reply #129 on: <11-24-10/1257:57> »
Oh, if only you knew some of the people I played MechWarrior with!  ::)

Doc Chaos

• Omae
  • Bavarian Mr. Johnson
« Reply #130 on: <11-24-10/1448:22> »
Chances are, he does, for that long that he has been around... ;D Welcome on board :)

FastJack

• Administrator
  • Prime Runner
  • Kids these days...
« Reply #131 on: <11-24-10/1451:27> »
Chances are, he does, for that long that he has been around... ;D Welcome on board :)
I'd be offended if it weren't true... :P

Doc Chaos

• Omae
  • Bavarian Mr. Johnson
« Reply #132 on: <11-25-10/0307:57> »
With age comes wisdom and people will always respect that :) Well, except for those upcoming streetsmart punks, but they get shot real quick anyways...

Dead Monky

• Omae
  • I demand tacos!
« Reply #133 on: <11-26-10/1811:33> »
Sometimes by the older guys.

Mystic

• Freelancer
  • Omae
  • Word Mercenary
« Reply #134 on: <11-30-10/0213:50> »
Oh, if only you knew some of the people I played MechWarrior with!  ::)

SWEET! And a Mechjock to boot! And I know the feeling. Im currently in the middle of a mini-tech campaign and YIKES.

Welcome to the board, feel free to talk 'tech or shadows, you will find that a lot of us here also hang out on the BT forums as well.

Sometimes by the older guys.

ESPECIALLY the older guys...we tend to get a bit grouchy a lot faster, and shooting is a lot easier.  ;)
Bringing chaos, mayhem, and occasionally cookies to the Sixth World since 2052!

"Just because it's easy for you doesn't mean it can't be hard on your clients"-Rule 38, The Seventy Maxims of Maximally Effective Mercenaries, Schlock Mercenary.