NEWS

GenCon 2013

• 69 Replies

Mystic

• Freelancer
  • Omae
  • Word Mercenary
« Reply #30 on: <06-23-13/0721:52> »
I'm trying to get an answer from the Powers That Be, but if all's kosher, I'll see what I can do about getting a Meet and Greet set up.
Bringing chaos, mayhem, and occasionally cookies to the Sixth World since 2052!

"Just because it's easy for you doesn't mean it can't be hard on your clients"-Rule 38, The Seventy Maxims of Maximally Effective Mercenaries, Schlock Mercenary.

Mystic

• Freelancer
  • Omae
  • Word Mercenary
« Reply #32 on: <06-23-13/1418:39> »
You just HAD to use that name....

Heh

Thanks Bull, I'll check them out and see what they say!

"Just because it's easy for you doesn't mean it can't be hard on your clients"-Rule 38, The Seventy Maxims of Maximally Effective Mercenaries, Schlock Mercenary.

Critias

• Freelancer
  • Prime Runner
  • Company Elf
« Reply #33 on: <06-24-13/1518:59> »
Keep us in the loop, Mystic.  You da man!

Linkdeath

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Omae
« Reply #34 on: <06-30-13/1011:12> »
Woot! Fingers and other appropriate appendages crossed!
Dance to the tension of a world on edge.

Mystic

• Freelancer
  • Omae
  • Word Mercenary
« Reply #35 on: <07-03-13/1442:44> »
OK,

A bit of an update here on the meet and greet. I've talked to a few places, got an idea of how receptive they are, yadda yadda...But I'm wondering how much room would we really need? A few tables, an entire "private" area? That's kind of the biggest thing right now. So, if anyone can give me a ballpark figure to work with, that would be great. I'd also like to know how many CGL people would show to this.

Thanx all.

Critias

• Freelancer
  • Prime Runner
  • Company Elf
« Reply #36 on: <07-03-13/1502:04> »
I'm in.  There is good to be eaten and beers to be consumed!

Dr. Meatgrinder

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Omae
  • CDT Field Agent (#483)
« Reply #37 on: <07-03-13/1746:18> »
I'm in.
Guiding principle for game balance:  Players avoid underpowered stuff and flock to overpowered stuff.
Missions Freelancer (SRM 04-10 Romero & Juliette, SRM 05-01 Chasin' the Wind, SRM 06-06 Falling Angels, PM-02 A Holy Piece of Wetwork)

Smiley

• Omae
  • Full of bad Lulz
« Reply #38 on: <07-03-13/2308:00> »
I'd be in but I'd like to know when it's going down (date and time). I'm coming from Montreal by car, it would tell me if I can make it.
"Fun? Frag yeah! Always is when that involves a bucket full of drek!"
-Smiley

Valashar

• Omae
  • I'm always angry, but I usually hide it well.
« Reply #39 on: <07-04-13/0033:27> »
I am also in, and would be bringing a small group (4-6) with me.
Shadowrun Missions: GenCon 2013

We groped the cat, and tazed the baby.

Critias

• Freelancer
  • Prime Runner
  • Company Elf
« Reply #40 on: <07-04-13/0250:00> »
I'd be in but I'd like to know when it's going down (date and time). I'm coming from Montreal by car, it would tell me if I can make it.
I know we're looking at Wednesday evening, but I don't think we've got a specific time yet.

Linkdeath

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Omae
« Reply #41 on: <07-09-13/1624:26> »
Oh yeah, I'd definitely be in for this. But though I'm with a group, I dunno if anyone else is interested.
Dance to the tension of a world on edge.

Ricochet

• Omae
« Reply #42 on: <07-26-13/2238:31> »
For anyone who knows how the layout will be for GenCon (I haven't been since it's moved to Indy)...I am arriving on Friday morning, have my badge and my ticket for a Shadowrun Mission session, and will need to get to the session quickly to make the game. 

1) What should I expect to have to go through to get in?
2) What are the directions to get to the game session?
3) How long should I expect from stepping off at the convention center, to being able to get to the game?

I'm trying to decide if I have time to stop at my hotel before the convention center or if I should head straight for the session when I hit town, since I only have a couple hour window.

Bull

• Ace Runner
  • Crotchety Old Ork Decker
« Reply #43 on: <07-26-13/2249:39> »
All the Shadowrun events are in the miniatures hall again this year, which is kind of annoying (but also kind of useful).  We're supposed to be in one corner though, so hopefully that will help a little with sound issues.

The Mini's Hall is in the main convention center area.  So 5-10 minutes tops, depending on crowds and stuff.

I don't know exactly where we'll be in the halls yet, but we should have plenty of signage and stuff to make it easy to find.

Mara

• Ace Runner
« Reply #44 on: <07-27-13/0254:40> »
All the Shadowrun events are in the miniatures hall again this year, which is kind of annoying (but also kind of useful).  We're supposed to be in one corner though, so hopefully that will help a little with sound issues.

The Mini's Hall is in the main convention center area.  So 5-10 minutes tops, depending on crowds and stuff.

I don't know exactly where we'll be in the halls yet, but we should have plenty of signage and stuff to make it easy to find.

I remember last year, it was less noisy in the CGL games area then the previous year...but it was a trek! Upside was it wasn't that far from
the snack vendor in the hall.