NEWS

[5e OOC] Sunt Venatores Venationem

• 1158 Replies

rednblack

• Prime Runner
  • TECH-NO-LOGIC-KILL
« Reply #750 on: <06-10-15/1211:06> »
I'll take either a Perception+Agility  or Perception+Intuition test for Achak and Mercer, at a -10 modifier.

Also of importance, I will be largely unavailable tomorrow, though I may be able to get a post in late in the evening.  I will also be on vacation June 20-27.  I may have internet at that time, but my posting will be erratic at best.
Speech
Thought
Matrix/Comm
Astral
Subvocal

Tecumseh

• Prime Runner
« Reply #751 on: <06-10-15/1214:34> »
Intuition 6 + Perception 6 - 10 modifer: 2d6t5 2 hits

Evidently Poindexter is onto something with his small-pool rolling. Maybe I should just divide all my rolls up into little pools.

I'll wait to find out more before posting.

rednblack

• Prime Runner
  • TECH-NO-LOGIC-KILL
« Reply #752 on: <06-10-15/1239:46> »
Intuition 6 + Perception 6 - 10 modifer: 2d6t5 2 hits

Evidently Poindexter is onto something with his small-pool rolling. Maybe I should just divide all my rolls up into little pools.

I'll wait to find out more before posting.

That'll do.  Achak has already divested Ikiryo of the Streetline Special he had stowed in his Smuggling Compartment.  Looks like his last hurrah is foiled.  I'll update the IC when I get a chance.  Assuming this works with your understanding of how Achak would've handled the downed runners.
Speech
Thought
Matrix/Comm
Astral
Subvocal

Malevolence

• Ace Runner
  • Matrix Addict
« Reply #753 on: <06-10-15/1248:19> »

It doesn't matter, but I'd already rolled it:
Perception 6 + Intuition 5 + Visual Spec 2 + Vision Enhancement 3 - Modifier 10 = 6Perception: 6d6t5 2

Speech Thought Matrix/Text Astral

Tecumseh

• Prime Runner
« Reply #754 on: <06-10-15/1258:56> »
I'm having a hard time deciding whether Achak would be so jumpy and scattered that he would forget to disarm them or if he'd be stimulated to the point of hyper-vigilance. I suppose if I had rolled poorly it would have been the former but since I rolled well it is the latter. I'd be fine with Mercer taking the credit for it too.

Malevolence

• Ace Runner
  • Matrix Addict
« Reply #755 on: <06-10-15/1522:22> »
It wouldn't be unreasonable to expect that since he did go around and specifically disarm folks. Either way, I'm assuming he goes for the piece only to find that it isn't there and not that we are stopping him as he draws it? I'll get an IC up with that assumption in a moment.

Malevolence

• Ace Runner
  • Matrix Addict
« Reply #756 on: <06-11-15/0044:28> »
Couple assumptions in my post, so just let me know if they are wrong:
1. Iki gives up once he realizes his holdout is unavailable.
2. The mage that brought the room down on Mercer's team was the opposing mage and not a member of Mercer's crew.
3. Iki was the one that executed the ambush on Mercer's team but was not in the building when it collapsed.
4. Mercer still does not know the mage's name.

Other things:
- Malevolence the player forgot to have Mercer divest Iki of his comm, but I'm pretty sure Mercer the Hunter would have done that while he was disarming them - including turning them off so that they can't be used wirelessly. If it's too late to assume that he already did that, he'll be doing that ASAP. This includes de-comming the mage - she already dropped her SMG, and as a mage, the rest of her weapons are less relevant.
- I forgot to address Rebecca's return to consciousness. Aside from general pleasantries, he's likely to ask her and Achak if either can Assense the mage, Tiny, and Iki, just so there aren't any surprises. Since Poindexter's got a post coming, he can address that or I will on my next post though I'd prefer it happen before Iki regains consciousness.

rednblack

• Prime Runner
  • TECH-NO-LOGIC-KILL
« Reply #757 on: <06-11-15/1048:37> »
Couple assumptions in my post, so just let me know if they are wrong:
1. Iki gives up once he realizes his holdout is unavailable.
2. The mage that brought the room down on Mercer's team was the opposing mage and not a member of Mercer's crew.
3. Iki was the one that executed the ambush on Mercer's team but was not in the building when it collapsed.
4. Mercer still does not know the mage's name.

Other things:
- Malevolence the player forgot to have Mercer divest Iki of his comm, but I'm pretty sure Mercer the Hunter would have done that while he was disarming them - including turning them off so that they can't be used wirelessly. If it's too late to assume that he already did that, he'll be doing that ASAP. This includes de-comming the mage - she already dropped her SMG, and as a mage, the rest of her weapons are less relevant.
- I forgot to address Rebecca's return to consciousness. Aside from general pleasantries, he's likely to ask her and Achak if either can Assense the mage, Tiny, and Iki, just so there aren't any surprises. Since Poindexter's got a post coming, he can address that or I will on my next post though I'd prefer it happen before Iki regains consciousness.

1. Iki would have either given up, or tried some feeble attempt at fighting.  Since nobody wants him dead yet, the result is the same.  I'm fine with the defeatist attitude for now.

2. Correct.

3. Mercer wouldn't know.  Between the masks, the lighting, the automatic gunfire, the building collapse, and the blood loss, he couldn't be sure either way.

4. Correct.

Mercer the runner would've seen Iki's comm fried in his Ballistics Mask.

Speech
Thought
Matrix/Comm
Astral
Subvocal

Malevolence

• Ace Runner
  • Matrix Addict
« Reply #758 on: <06-11-15/1312:10> »
3. Mercer wouldn't know.  Between the masks, the lighting, the automatic gunfire, the building collapse, and the blood loss, he couldn't be sure either way.
Good point - he wouldn't know for sure if Iki was present at the collapse itself, but he was originally turned on to Iki because he was the team lead for the hit squad that attacked Mercer's team. Since he seemed to like to take a "hands on" approach like he did today, it is reasonable for Mercer to assume he was physically there as well, but managed to escape the collapse - since he was present for Stake before the plan went off rails, it seems unlikely he wouldn't have been present for the rest of Stake's team. Now, he might have just waited outside (or in the van) while the mages did the dirty work and brought the building down, but he was almost certainly within earshot. But whether he was there or not, he would have had intel that would have likely included a photo, so he should know what Mercer looks like.

For those reasons, in Mercer's mind at least, Iki was on site during his ambush and knows Mercer by sight, so that's the assumption he's working off of until a curveball directs him to think otherwise.

rednblack

• Prime Runner
  • TECH-NO-LOGIC-KILL
« Reply #759 on: <06-11-15/1338:30> »
Mercer has every reason to believe that Iki planned the hit and so would be familiar with Mercer's face.
Speech
Thought
Matrix/Comm
Astral
Subvocal

Malevolence

• Ace Runner
  • Matrix Addict
« Reply #760 on: <06-17-15/2058:24> »
I have more to IC, but I ran out of time, so I'll either edit it later or post again when I have another chance.

Sorry my posting has been so delayed, but both work and home have been busy. Not in bad ways, just lots going on.

Poindexter

• Prime Runner
  • If you lack empathy, you are worthless.
« Reply #761 on: <06-17-15/2156:33> »
I only tend to post when I've got a good one cooked up in my head or I feel like I need to post to keep conversations/combat/scenes going. For this particular scene, I don't feel like Becca is verbally involved all that much, so I haven't been posting much. Hope that's all good.
"speaking out loud"
<<matrix actions/communication>>
thought
astral
subvocal/whispering
non-english

Malevolence

• Ace Runner
  • Matrix Addict
« Reply #762 on: <06-18-15/0310:53> »
We could use an assensing from Becca. Definitely on Iki, but also maybe on the mage (I don't like how she's avoiding giving even an alias).

rednblack

• Prime Runner
  • TECH-NO-LOGIC-KILL
« Reply #763 on: <06-18-15/1149:28> »
Mercer will also find that the link on the ground is fragged and not a TransysAvalon, so we may need a post from Rebecca about dealing with a possibly implanted link.
Speech
Thought
Matrix/Comm
Astral
Subvocal

Tecumseh

• Prime Runner
« Reply #764 on: <06-18-15/1233:28> »
While we're adding to Poindexter's To Do list, we still need an IC post for Sister Rebecca's Empathic Healing. This seems like a fairly significant moment, especially since Achak was simply expecting her to cast Heal (or apply a medkit) rather than take the damage on herself.