NEWS

[5e OOC] Sunt Venatores Venationem

• 1158 Replies

rednblack

• Prime Runner
  • TECH-NO-LOGIC-KILL
« Reply #615 on: <05-18-15/1138:38> »
Rednblack, did you have any feedback on the items Achak was thinking about taking from Stake's condo?

Sorry, I missed this.  Let me give your list another look, and I'll get an answer for this before/when this fight finishes.

@Mal, Observe in Detail results: from the lack of large firearms, Mercer feels fairly certain that the invisible man is either melee oriented, or will be using pistols.  Tiny looks the hardest to put down, with his size, being a troll, and the armor he's packing.  Ikiryo is wearing an Armored Jacket and carrying an Ares Alpha.

I updated my last IC post to give more information about marching order as they exited the Roadmaster.

Who will Mercer be shooting?

ETA: will you also include the base DV for your weapons when attacking?

Just to be clear, during Achak's CT1 AP1 there are no targets and the church has not been breached, correct? If so, then the following:

Free: Activate chemical seal
SImple: Eject clip of sawdust grenades (technically a Free with wireless but I've already spent a Free)
Simple: Change Device Mode > turn off wireless for Ares Alpha

That's correct.

« Last Edit: <05-18-15/1327:11> by rednblack »
Speech
Thought
Matrix/Comm
Astral
Subvocal

rednblack

• Prime Runner
  • TECH-NO-LOGIC-KILL
« Reply #616 on: <05-18-15/1427:13> »
Nice IC post, Tec.  I think we're all on the same page, but I do want to make sure of that with the MARK question.  The way I understand the rules is that if a decker is using Brute Force and gets a MARK on your commlink, you could get a status update from the commlink alerting you to the fact the comm had a MARK placed on it.  Similarly, if a HotF action failed, there would be a status update alerting you to the fact that your commlink gained a MARK on the opposing decker's deck.  A successful HofT or unsuccessful Brute Force would not alert the owner in any way.

Is that also how you guys understand it?
Speech
Thought
Matrix/Comm
Astral
Subvocal

Tecumseh

• Prime Runner
« Reply #617 on: <05-18-15/1434:09> »
Your understanding is correct, but it occurs to me that perhaps I (the player) am misinterpreting the IC meaning of <<MARK Granted>>. Does that mean I am receiving the MARK or that I have given the MARK to someone else? I was presuming the latter, which would suggest a successful Brute Force action (and Achak has been acting accordingly), but maybe I've had it backwards this whole time and it's saying that I've been given a MARK (suggesting an unsuccessful Hack on the Fly).

rednblack

• Prime Runner
  • TECH-NO-LOGIC-KILL
« Reply #618 on: <05-18-15/1445:17> »
Your understanding is correct, but it occurs to me that perhaps I (the player) am misinterpreting the IC meaning of <<MARK Granted>>. Does that mean I am receiving the MARK or that I have given the MARK to someone else? I was presuming the latter, which would suggest a successful Brute Force action (and Achak has been acting accordingly), but maybe I've had it backwards this whole time and it's saying that I've been given a MARK (suggesting an unsuccessful Hack on the Fly).

I'm glad I brought this up.  Achak received a MARK on an errant device, meaning that an unsuccessful HotF action is the culprit.
Speech
Thought
Matrix/Comm
Astral
Subvocal

Tecumseh

• Prime Runner
« Reply #619 on: <05-18-15/1500:43> »
I'll amend things slightly then. Achak isn't the brightest bulb in the socket but I took a point of Computer so that he could plausibly understand situations like this.

Free: Activate chemical seal
SImple: Eject clip of sawdust grenades (technically a Free with wireless but I've already spent a Free)
Simple: Change Device Mode > turn off wireless for Ares Alpha
Simple: Load a clip of flash-bang grenades

Hearing a troll, he would really prefer to load high-explosive grenades, but he's unwilling to do so inside of the church.

I'll update my last IC post.

Poindexter

• Prime Runner
  • If you lack empathy, you are worthless.
« Reply #620 on: <05-18-15/1748:13> »
WHOA! I just read how horrible it is to be surprised! Since we aint gone any further, can I spend an edge on that freakin roll?!

If so, Edge to re-roll: 12d6t5 5

Making it seven hits, mental limit of 5.
"speaking out loud"
<<matrix actions/communication>>
thought
astral
subvocal/whispering
non-english

Malevolence

• Ace Runner
  • Matrix Addict
« Reply #621 on: <05-18-15/1832:39> »
Mercer will shoot at Tiny in an attempt to delay breaching. I know, it's outside of my original priority, but that seems the most prudent course of action.

Vera is base 15P AP -4. With APDS and Vitals shot, she is 17P AP -8.
Speech Thought Matrix/Text Astral

rednblack

• Prime Runner
  • TECH-NO-LOGIC-KILL
« Reply #622 on: <05-18-15/2007:22> »
WHOA! I just read how horrible it is to be surprised! Since we aint gone any further, can I spend an edge on that freakin roll?!

If so, Edge to re-roll: 12d6t5 5

Making it seven hits, mental limit of 5.

That's fine.  Updated.

Mercer will shoot at Tiny in an attempt to delay breaching. I know, it's outside of my original priority, but that seems the most prudent course of action.

Mercer hits Tiny Unaware, and Tiny takes 7S.

CT 1 AP1
R 26
T 23
Achak 22
S 21
I 20
Barachiel 20 (Hold)
Mercer 19
D 18
Sister Rebecca 14
A 11
ETC. 9

On 18 Tiny kicks in the door.  The Invisible Man follows, chucking a Flash Bang which explodes upon impact.  Given where Poindexter described Sister Rebecca and Tecumseh described Achak as being, I don't think he can get both in the blast radius, but he is going to go for the target wielding the 'nade launcher.  4 hits is more than he needs, so Poindexter, I need Sister Rebecca to soak 10S -4AP.

Tiny will breach and peel off to the right, the Invisible Man will peel off to the left and take Full Cover.  Ikiryo will also peel off to the left as he enters and spend a Simple Action to Take Cover and a Simple Action to fire a six round burst at Achak with his Ares Alpha.  Tecumseh, I need a Defense Test for Achak, -5 dice for the bullets but don't forget your Cover bonus, and I'll say that Ikiryo may have been paying more attention to getting his team in place than he was to pulling off some great shooting.

IC to come once I know what things look like.
Speech
Thought
Matrix/Comm
Astral
Subvocal

Poindexter

• Prime Runner
  • If you lack empathy, you are worthless.
« Reply #623 on: <05-18-15/2031:01> »
going to go for the target wielding the 'nade launcher.  4 hits is more than he needs, so Poindexter, I need Sister Rebecca to soak 10S -4AP.

At the moment, Rebecca is empty handed and not wearing her helmet, but who cares? (We were still cleaning the church when the message came and only had one IP to prepare, right?)

Soak 10S (Body 4 + Armor 12): 16d6t5 7

Good enough. That puts her at 4S total for a -1.
"speaking out loud"
<<matrix actions/communication>>
thought
astral
subvocal/whispering
non-english

rednblack

• Prime Runner
  • TECH-NO-LOGIC-KILL
« Reply #624 on: <05-18-15/2259:06> »
going to go for the target wielding the 'nade launcher.  4 hits is more than he needs, so Poindexter, I need Sister Rebecca to soak 10S -4AP.

At the moment, Rebecca is empty handed and not wearing her helmet, but who cares? (We were still cleaning the church when the message came and only had one IP to prepare, right?)

Soak 10S (Body 4 + Armor 12): 16d6t5 7

Good enough. That puts her at 4S total for a -1.

You're totally right. I was re-skimming and hit on your load out post. 

CT 1 AP1
R 26
T 23
Achak 22
S 21
I 20

Barachiel 20 (Hold)
Mercer 19
D 18

Sister Rebecca 14
A 11
ETC. 9

Action to Sister Rebecca.
Speech
Thought
Matrix/Comm
Astral
Subvocal

Malevolence

• Ace Runner
  • Matrix Addict
« Reply #625 on: <05-18-15/2317:26> »

Holy wow. What is he wearing that provides 29 AV? I'm guessing Dermal plating 6 + 1 natural for 7, then 15 armor for full body armor and 2 more for the mask is 24. Add in a cyberlimb with armor 3 and bone lacing of at least Aluminum grade and he's going to be a beast. Unless armor from multiple limbs stacks, in which case he could have an absurd amount of armor (9 more).

I'm assuming that they are all out of sight of Mercer now?

Tecumseh

• Prime Runner
« Reply #626 on: <05-18-15/2336:47> »
Achak dodge: Reaction 7 + Intuition 6 + Combat Sense 1 + Cover 4 - 5 Long Burst: 13d6t5 2 hit, oh bollocks

Achak probably froze up when he saw the troll.

rednblack

• Prime Runner
  • TECH-NO-LOGIC-KILL
« Reply #627 on: <05-19-15/0844:50> »

Holy wow. What is he wearing that provides 29 AV? I'm guessing Dermal plating 6 + 1 natural for 7, then 15 armor for full body armor and 2 more for the mask is 24. Add in a cyberlimb with armor 3 and bone lacing of at least Aluminum grade and he's going to be a beast. Unless armor from multiple limbs stacks, in which case he could have an absurd amount of armor (9 more).

I'm assuming that they are all out of sight of Mercer now?

If you're not going to one-shot him, it's almost better to do S than P damage, given his armor.  But yeah, he's a beast.

Also, the way I'm visualizing this is that Mercer is leaning out of the driver's side window the sniper rifle.  Is that what you had in mind?

Achak dodge: Reaction 7 + Intuition 6 + Combat Sense 1 + Cover 4 - 5 Long Burst: 13d6t5 2 hit, oh bollocks

Achak probably froze up when he saw the troll.

That's 1 net hit for 12P -6AP
« Last Edit: <05-19-15/1059:03> by rednblack »
Speech
Thought
Matrix/Comm
Astral
Subvocal

Malevolence

• Ace Runner
  • Matrix Addict
« Reply #628 on: <05-19-15/1315:03> »
Also, the way I'm visualizing this is that Mercer is leaning out of the driver's side window the sniper rifle.  Is that what you had in mind?
I'm visualizing it as his van is broadside to the church, a little before mid-intersection as he pulls the trigger. The van will probably come to a complete stop mid intersection (end of IP1). Since the church looks like it is on a corner, the intersection would have to be a short block away to be at 150m (as it is not the same intersection as the church). This gives him the option to floor it and exit the intersection, putting a building between him and the church if things get problematic, but it also presents a larger profile to return fire. He may also turn and head towards the church in order to remain in the fight if all of his targets are out of sight.

If that vision is allowable - i.e. having a more or less straight shot out the window (passenger or driver side) then he will be wholly within the vehicle with Vera resting on the bottom of the open window of that door and using that door as good cover. Again, he's not driving from the driver's seat - he's driving in AR using DNI and so can be anywhere in the vehicle while doing so. If possible, he'd be leaving the driving to the autopilot, though getting it to stop mid-intersection might be a problem.

If the van has to be facing the church due to factors beyond his control, then yes, he'll be leaning out the appropriate window.

Tecumseh

• Prime Runner
« Reply #629 on: <05-19-15/1319:43> »
Achak's rolling is just a smidge over 30% at this point, which - after rolling 700 dice - is only 4th percentile rolling. I'm missing about 22 expected successes so far. If he's going to make it out of this he better start coming up with those missing hits fast.

I thought about going Full Defense but his Willpower 3 doesn't make that an attractive option. His Gymnastics 1 doesn't make Dodge viable either, so I guess he just has to deal with it.

Body 3 + Full Body Armor 15 + Helmet 3 - 6 AP: 15d6t5 5 hits

The base damage equals the modified armor value, making the damage Physical. 7P seems like a real bad way to start the fight so I should Edge. I was hoping not to as he doesn't have much, but this mountain looks tall enough without having to climb it with a -2 modifier the whole way.

Edge reroll: 3 hits, I butchered the syntax, which I just can't seem to get right for exploding 6s. Three more hits but no 6s to reroll.

That's 4P to Achak. Edge is now 1 of 3.