NEWS

[5e OOC] Sunt Venatores Venationem

• 1158 Replies

Poindexter

• Prime Runner
  • If you lack empathy, you are worthless.
« Reply #75 on: <01-11-15/1842:01> »
whoops. Fixed.
« Last Edit: <01-11-15/1844:21> by Poindexter »
"speaking out loud"
<<matrix actions/communication>>
thought
astral
subvocal/whispering
non-english

8-bit

« Reply #76 on: <01-11-15/2258:36> »
I don't think I've seen Stake's background so I don't know if he's Christian or not.

Speaking of which, I need to do that still. Sigh, funerals are draining sometimes.

No, he's not Christian. He's given up on religion in the long years he's been alive, and I don't think any religion would have him, to be honest  ;D

Tecumseh

• Prime Runner
« Reply #77 on: <01-11-15/2333:20> »
When I was writing my background, it occurred to me that religion might be less intriguing for elves (and, to a lesser extent, dwarves), given that they are ageless to begin with. The afterlife probably doesn't resonate with them as well. I don't have the actuarial tables for the odds of dying accidentally within a given span of years - even immortal elves get unlucky sometimes - but the need for Heaven probably isn't as pressing for them.

Poindexter

• Prime Runner
« Reply #78 on: <01-12-15/0059:11> »
whoa, so i totally invented that whole thing?

Sorry, my bad. Will fix again.

dangit.

EDIT: Fixed.

This actually works out well. With Stake not being a Christian male, Becca is free to correct, disagree with, and evangelize the leader of the team.
« Last Edit: <01-12-15/0102:38> by Poindexter »
"speaking out loud"
thought
astral
subvocal/whispering
non-english

8-bit

« Reply #79 on: <01-12-15/0129:11> »
Oh my lord, this is great. I just found it hilarious. I only just got it after reading it for like, the third time.

Achak was covered in his body armor, and spinning his club like a dreidle. Definitely not the subtlest attire he could have come with.

Achak looks at Stake while the team leader covers the plan. He looks at Stake's Ares Alpha, large and unsuppressed, with its underbarrel grenade launcher. Definitely not the subtlest weapon he could have come with.

I don't know why, but that made my day. Thank you.

Tecumseh

• Prime Runner
« Reply #80 on: <01-12-15/0232:10> »
Oh, cool, someone noticed. I sprinkle tidbits like that around fairly often, mostly for my own amusement. I don't expect anyone else to pick up on them but it pleases me when they do.

rednblack

• Prime Runner
  • TECH-NO-LOGIC-KILL
« Reply #81 on: <01-12-15/1453:02> »
I wasn't trying to poke any holes in Achak's theory.  My understanding of the Yakuza is that, while very racist against orks, trolls, and dwarves were slightly more welcoming to elves.  Am I wrong about that?
Speech
Thought
Matrix/Comm
Astral
Subvocal

Tecumseh

• Prime Runner
« Reply #82 on: <01-12-15/1510:22> »
It depends on the oyabun. Hanzo Shotozumi, who leads the gumi that controls Downtown and the International District, will use women and metahumans "in areas where more traditional kobun are out of their depth or too recognizable."

Sato Kanaga, the oyabun of Everett, Snohomish, Auburn, and Redmond, purged the foreigners and metahumans and shipped them off to the Kenran-kai in Puyallup. Now it's been 10 years since then so anything could have changed, and if the Kanaga-gumi is going to have any elves - which, as you point out, are the most likely of the metahuman races - they're probably going to have them in the Barrens (as opposed to, say, Snohomish). And if they know something is wonky at this location then it's entirely plausible that they would have hired outside help (to minimize risk to their own assets) until they figured things out.

Achak isn't discounting his theory; it's just strike one. And, for the record, I'm not trying to poke holes in your world. I just know this realm a little better than most because one of my other games in a ganger campaign with the syndicates playing an increasingly important role as the gang rises. If you have any plots involving great dragons or immortal elves I will be as helpless and ignorant as a newborn lamb. But in either case it is the GM's world all the way.

rednblack

• Prime Runner
  • TECH-NO-LOGIC-KILL
« Reply #83 on: <01-12-15/1517:51> »
And, for the record, I'm not trying to poke holes in your world. I just know this realm a little better than most because one of my other games in a ganger campaign with the syndicates playing an increasingly important role as the gang rises. If you have any plots involving great dragons or immortal elves I will be as helpless and ignorant as a newborn lamb. But in either case it is the GM's world all the way.

I didn't think you were trying to poke holes, but this is my first time to use such a well-trod locale.  I may be seeking your (and others) help as we continue.  Thanks.
Speech
Thought
Matrix/Comm
Astral
Subvocal

Poindexter

• Prime Runner
« Reply #84 on: <01-13-15/2141:09> »
Ok, so due to money issues, i've had to take on a second job.
This leaves me with very little time, energy, or creativity for posting.

It wont be like this for long, but if ya get sick of waiting for me in the meantime, feel free to NPC me until I get back on the fuckin ball about shit.

Apologies in advance for any inconvenience.

EDIT: I am NOT quitting the game, but i will be posting less frequently than you probably expect of me.
« Last Edit: <01-13-15/2252:33> by Poindexter »
"speaking out loud"
thought
astral
subvocal/whispering
non-english

8-bit

« Reply #85 on: <01-15-15/0035:19> »
Just going to say that this week has been, and will be, a little slower for me. Been doing double time to catch up on work stuff, as I've been busy helping out with a friend's funeral.

Going through all my PbPs and catching up, but just so you know, it will be a little slow for me. Should be good by the end of this week.

rednblack

• Prime Runner
  • TECH-NO-LOGIC-KILL
« Reply #86 on: <01-16-15/1215:24> »
I think this has been a pretty off week for most everyone.  Sorry for your loss, 8-bit.  Funerals are never fun, but the work needs to get done.  Cheers to you for stepping up.

I'm clicking this down on a quick little break.  The paperwork load this week has been pretty huge.  Hopefully, we'll all be in a better spot on Monday.
Speech
Thought
Matrix/Comm
Astral
Subvocal

Poindexter

• Prime Runner
« Reply #87 on: <01-18-15/2250:51> »
The more I think about this plan, the more I wish I'd brought the nade launcher.
"speaking out loud"
thought
astral
subvocal/whispering
non-english

Tecumseh

• Prime Runner
« Reply #88 on: <01-18-15/2330:07> »
Achak would have recommended against it. Maybe flash-bangs would be okay, but otherwise the setting (crowded environment, dense mass of innocents, potential for panic and/or stampede) would seem to favor a more surgical approach. I think a scalpel (or a sword of Gabriel) serves Sister Rebecca better than area-effect explosions. Of course, what I'm really dreading is deleted to not give the GM any ideas.

Poindexter

• Prime Runner
« Reply #89 on: <01-19-15/0042:27> »
true, but its less for the grenade launcher as the possibility of her having to use the chainsaw on one of the doors. Also, the possibility of borrowing a few of those sawdust grenades from yall would be nice as well. Becca knew nothing about vampires until today, and she'd be impressed with some of yalls special gear.
"speaking out loud"
thought
astral
subvocal/whispering
non-english