NEWS

[5e OOC] Tabula Rasa

• 559 Replies

Ryo

• Ace Runner
« on: <08-21-14/1308:22> »
First and foremost, I would like to say how amazed I am that no one has ever used this title for a PbP before. Lucky me.

Secondly, let's go over a few things.

1. How I expect this to work: You declare an action that requires a roll, I tell you the rating of the associated skill and attribute. In so doing, you slowly discover what you are capable of. Within the first couple posts, I expect a lot of discovery will happen, and you'll probably all figure out your Attribute Scores fairly rapidly at the very least. After awhile you should have most of your sheet figured out, so from there on you just declare actions and roll as you would in any other PbP.

2. Knowledge Skills: You all only have 1 pre-determined knowledge skill that suits the character and their skills. Beyond that, I leave it up to you to define what the character knows. I will tell you how many Knowledge Skill points you have left to spend, and you can spend them however you like. You can choose to do so before the game starts, or as it goes along and you discover more about who you are. So as you realize what your role is and figure out how you want to play the character, you can decide something you think the character should have knowledge in at that point.

3. Character Sheets: You should all post your character sheets now, so that the first few posts have the sheets on them for easy reference. "But Ryo, I don't have a character sheet." You may be saying. You're quite right, but that won't always be the case. Right now your character sheet will just be a description of the character (decided by you based on what's been provided), and a shit ton of question marks. As you discover what you're capable of, you will edit the sheet to add more to it, until its nice and filled out.

1: The Troll. Played by: Poindexter
Knowledge Points: 11

2: The Elf. Played by: martinchaen
Knowledge Points: 15

R.I.P.
Cause of Death: Killed In Action from Full Auto fire.

3: The Human. Played by: Ren rednblack
Knowledge Points: 10

4: The Dwarf. Played by: GrimWulf purvue
Knowledge Points: 10

5: The Ork. Played by: Novocrane
Knowledge Points: 12

6: The Masked Woman. Played by: Tecumseh
Knowledge Points: 18

7: The Crumpled Man. Played by: Ravensoracle
Knowledge Points: 16

Who you were is a mystery, and one you hope to solve, but who you are now is another matter. The slate has been wiped clean. It's up to you to define these characters and their personalities. Make them your own.

Rules and Regulations

I will be editing this post to include any rules for posting, clarifications of existing rules, or house rules that I will be implementing. I will include things in this list that may not actually be relevant to you, but is worth noting in case you encounter any NPCs for whom it is relevant.

How to roll: Declare actions in OoC. If you know your stats already, you can roll yourself as well, using Orokos, Invisiblecastle, or whatever diceroller you prefer, as long as it keeps a log of all your rolls. If you do not know your stats yet, I will reply to tell you the relevant stats, and make the first roll for you. The outcome of your rolls will be posted in the IC.

Hidden Discoveries: There may be some situations where I will PM you things about your character that you have realized about yourself that no one else has noticed yet. Whether or not you share these things with the group is up to you, depending on how secretive you feel your character should be.

Rulebooks in Play

All 5th edition rulebooks, including PDF only books, should be consider valid. 4th edition content not yet available for 5th can also be consider valid on a case by case basis. For example, the amnesia quality itself is a negative quality from 4th edition that you all have.

The optional rules from Bullets & Bandages may be used.

Optional Rule RG6 from Run & Gun is in use:

Quote from: Run & Gun page 110
RG6: DAMAGE FOR NO DEFENSE
If an attack decreases a target’s Defense Test pool below 0 dice, additional penalties are added to the DV of the attack at a rate of 1 DV per two lost dice. This makes Full Auto or Burst Fire attacks against unaware or restrained foes truly deadly.

Houserules

Magic

Spells that create a barrier, such as Physical Barrier or [Element] Wall, create a barrier with a Structure equal to the Force of the spell, and an Armor equal to Force+hits. This is to prevent hilariously flimsy barriers and make these spells actually useful. A magical Barrier is still a Barrier, and is subject to the Penetration Weapons rule; only barriers of sufficiently high Armor will actually stop bullets.

Instead of Alchemy being opposed by Force of the preparation, it is opposed by Force - Alchemist's Skill. Therefore, an Alchemist with an Alchemy skill of 6 casting at Force 6 or lower would roll Magic + Alchemy [Force] unopposed, but if he were to overcast to Force 12, he would be opposed by 6 dice. This makes it easier to create preparations with decent Potency.

A preparation taking a single box of Physical damage will not make it lose its magic. This would render Disjoining obsolete, as you could disarm preparations without risking Drain just by smacking them. Instead, a sufficiently damaged preparation is immediately triggered.

Damage to a Preparation does not release the magic unless it is completely destroyed/ruined/scraped off the object. Alchemists shouldn't be at a constant risk of self destructing simply from putting their preparations in the same pocket as their car keys.

Flesh Form merges from Inhabitation have half their Force added to the Physical Attributes of the host.

When possessing a living vessel, the enhancement to Physical Attributes is limited by Augmented Maximum. This limitation does not apply to Inhabitation spirits.

Fake magical items made through Artificing stand up to Assensing in addition to Perception tests, using the same thresholds.

Quicksilver Cameras do not have a fixed limit, only increasing the threshold of the Assensing by 2, or by 3 for a copy.

Vehicles

In Handling Environments, Catch Up/Break Away is a threshold test based on the complexity of the obstacles as normal. In Speed Environments, Catch Up/Break Away is instead an opposed Vehicle Test, pitting the speed of both drivers against each other.

When crashing, a vehicle is treated as if it rammed itself, resisting with Body+Armor as normal. Half of the unresisted damage is applied to the passengers of the vehicle, resisted with Body+Armor -6 AP. If a passenger is not properly secured (wearing a safety belt/harness), then they must resist the full initial damage of the crash instead, and may be hurled from the vehicle (gamemaster discretion). This may result in further damage from impact with the terrain or other vehicles.

Drones that have their Condition track filled can still be repaired. The cost is 1% of the base cost per box of damage sustained.

So long as a Vehicle is moving, the driver defends against attacks with Reaction + Intuition. They can choose to use Full Defense, adding their Willpower for the remainder of the Combat Turn, and losing 10 initiative. They can also choose to use Evasive Driving, the equivalent of Gymnastics Dodge, and add their Pilot skill to the defense test. Doing this adds the Handling of the vehicle as a limit to the test.

A vehicle that is not moving does not get to defend against attacks.

Sensors

The signature table is nonsense. The signature of a given target is dependent on the type of sensor attempting to perceive it; Cameras are subject to vision penalties, Thermographic sensors lock on with heat, MAD sensors lock onto ferrous metal, Radio Signal Sensors lock on to Matrix Icons, etc. etc.

The Sensor Housings table should instead read Sensor Array Housings table. Single Sensors do not have their Ratings limited by the size of the Housing.

Area of Effect attacks

Grenades and area spells can either be aimed at an area (Simple (3) test) or aimed at a specific target (attack roll vs. defense roll.) If you aim at the area, all the targets in the blast radius can (and probably will) use the Run for Your Life interrupt action to escape the blast. If you aim at a specific target, they cannot use this interrupt action; they get their defense roll instead.

Technomancers

All technomancers have an innate ability to establish a Direct Connection to any device they touch. Technomancers can also form PANs.

Resonance abilities do not render properly in the Matrix and can often go undetected. If something does not qualify as an Attack or Sleaze action, the victim would have to make a Matrix Perception check to notice they were the target of something. This includes Resonance Spike. A persona forced to perform an action with Puppeteer is obviously aware it performed an action, but a Device that is Puppeteer'd does not notify its owner.
« Last Edit: <10-10-14/1734:34> by Ryo »

martinchaen

« Reply #1 on: <08-21-14/1327:17> »
Hahaha! This is awesome.

"But Ryo, I don't HAVE a character sheet!" sheet:
Name: ?
Alias: ?
Metatype: Elf

Attributes:
Agility: 4
Charisma: 7
Intuition: 5
Logic: 5
Willpower: 6

Limits:
?

Active Skills:
Con 5
First Aid 2
Leadership 0
Perception 3

Athletics 2
   Gymnastics 2
   Running 2
   Swimming 2

Electronics 6
   Computer 6
   Hardware 6
   Software 6

?

Knowledge Skills:
English (N?)

Augmentations:
None

Magical / Resonance Abilities:
Mundane / ?

Gear:
A belt (!)
A commlink
A holster (empty)
A skin-tight suit of some kind
A Nitama Sporter

Weapons:
Nitama Sporter
   +Laser Sight
   Pool: ?   Accuracy: 7   DV: 6P   AP: -   RC: 2

? ? ?

Description:
The woman in the black skintight suit looks fairly small, at least for an elf, at just over a meter and a half from head to toe and probably no more than 60kg even with the sparse amount of clothing she's currently wearing. The suit conforms to her modest curves while accentuating every muscle in her body, and her long dark hair hangs freely towards the ground. From what you can tell, she's not wearing much makeup, though her nails and eyebrows are seemingly perfectly maintained; her face is narrow, a feature that is further enhanced by her angular cheekbones, pointed chin, and pointed ears.
« Last Edit: <08-22-14/2144:41> by martinchaen »

Poindexter

• Prime Runner
  • If you lack empathy, you are worthless.
« Reply #2 on: <08-21-14/1334:29> »
name- Frank Muntz?
role- Direct Combatant/Tank/Demo
handle- Uncle Sam
age- 34?

race   B
stats  C
magic  E
skills A
loot   D       (did i get em right?)

bod- 10
agi- 5/9
rea- 5/6
str- 8
wil- 5
log- 4
int- 3
cha- 2
edg- 4
ess- 1.5ish, if i had to guestimate.
ini- 2d6+
mag- 0

composure- 7
judge intentions- 5
memory- 7
lift- 18
phys limit-
mental limit- 5
social limit- 4

-qualities
Amnesia
Bilingual (english)

-knowledges (4pts left to spend)
Russian (native)
English (native)
Interest: Guns 3
profession: Small unit tactics 3
profession: military proceedure 4

-skills
Outdoors group 2
 survival
 navigation
 tracking
Athletics group   2
 gymnastics
 running
 swimming
Automatics 6
longarms 3
 (sniper rifles) 5
First Aid 1
Armorer 1
Intimidate 3
Perception 2
computer 1
demolitions 4

Lifestyle:

-upgrades
Muscle toner (4)
Titanium bone lacing
Wired reflexes (1)

-weapons
HK XM30
 shock pad
 underbarrel grenade launcher
 internal smartgun
 gas vent (3)
 2 clips APDS (1 clip 6 short)
 1 clip flashbangs
 1 clip thermal smoke

-armor
Armor Jacket
 fire resist 2
 insulation 2
 chemical protection 2

-gear
Transys Avalon
subvocal mic
Goggles
 smartlink
 trodes
 flare comp
 image link
 image enhance 2
can(1 kg) of foam explosive
several types of detonators
a few sticks of dynamite
a home made bomb
some det cord.
Stealth rope
catalyst stick
armorer kit
demolitions kit

-papers
Fake SIN ? (Ralph Hendrix, Bodyguard)
 Cyber-license
 Concealed carry license
Fake SIN ? (Frank Muntz, Bounty Hunter))
 Cyber-license

-vehicles and drones

-contacts       loy    con
mom               ?        ?
 Mom is an arms dealer, probably in russia. Recently sold me an HK XM30 if im not mistaken.

-background
Woke up upside down in a van with a rifle in my hands, surrounded by a bunch of armed and armored breeders, save for the ork in the drivers seat. I am most likely a ciminal and my being upside down is probably the result of a botched crime. It seems like whoever hit us thinks we're dead, and if we dont get out of this cold soon, they're probably right.

-Description
Large and "Russian looking" (I've been running this over in my head, trying to figure out what an obviously russian troll would look like. Do i have a mullet? Oh GOD, i have a mullet.) His symmetrical horns curve forward, then back again toward his broad shoulders. He wears a blonde mullet on his wide head.

1. How I expect this to work: You declare an action that requires a roll, I tell you the rating of the associated skill and attribute.

shall we declare these actions in the OOC thread?

cause if we can do em here, Troll's order of actions will be 1- check himself for injuries (first aid) 2- inspect the rifle. is it in good enough shape to be fired? smartlinked? does it have ammo? (armorer) 3-  undo the seatbelt and try to land on my feet (gymnastics)

also, are we doing these rolls with orokos?
« Last Edit: <09-09-14/2037:25> by Poindexter »
"speaking out loud"
<<matrix actions/communication>>
thought
astral
subvocal/whispering
non-english

GrimWulf

• Omae
« Reply #3 on: <08-21-14/1347:39> »
== Info ==
Street Name: ?
Name: ? (Currently 'Dwarf')
Sin Alias: Ohanzee Oglala
Movement: ?
Street Cred: ?
Notoriety: ?
Public Awareness: ?
Dwarf M Age 40
Height ~1m Weight ~100kg
Composure: 12
Judge Intentions: 10
Lift/Carry: ?
Memory: 9
Nuyen: ?

== Attributes ==
BOD: ?
AGI: 5
REA: ?
STR: ?
CHA: 6
INT: 4
LOG: 3
WIL: 6
EDG: ?
MAG: 6

== Derived Attributes ==
Essence:                   6 (hopefully)
Initiative:                ?
IP:                        ?
Physical Damage Track:     3
Stun Damage Track:         3

== Active Skills ==
Aeronautics Mechanic       : ?     
Animal Handling            : ?     
Archery                    : ?       
Armorer                    : ?     
Artisan                    : ?     
Automatics                 : ?   
Automotive Mechanic        : ?         
Blades                     : ?
Clubs                      : ?
Computer                   : ?
Con                        : ?
Counterspelling     : 5
Cybercombat                : ?
Demolitions                : ?
Disguise                   : ?
Diving                     : ?
Electronic Warfare         : ?
Escape Artist              : ?
Etiquette                  : 6
First Aid                  : 0
Forgery                    : ?
Gunnery                    : ?
Gymnastics                 : 3
Hacking                    : ?
Hardware                   : ?
Heavy Weapons              : ?
Impersonation                  : ?
Industrial Mechanic        : ?
Instruction                : ?
Intimidation               : ?
Leadership                 : 6
Locksmith                  : ?
Longarms                   : ?
Nautical Mechanic          : ?
Navigation                 : ?
Negotiation                : 6
Palming                    : ?
Perception                 : 3
Pilot Aircraft             : ?
Pilot Anthroform           : ?
Pilot Ground Craft         : ?
Pilot Watercraft           : ?
Pistols                    : ?
Ritual Spellcasting   : 5
Running                    : ?
Spellcasting:           : 5
Software                   : ?
Survival                   : ?
Swimming                   : ?
Throwing Weapons           : ?
Tracking                   : ?
Unarmed Combat             : ?

== Knowledge Skills ==
Lakota (N)
English (N)

== Contacts ==
>> Name: Styles
>> Occupation: Fixer
>> Commcode: 59230-l3c4
>> Address: Denver, UCAS side

>> Name: Long Shadow
>> Occupation: Talismonger
>> Commcode: 41023-l2c4
>> Address: Denver, Sioux side

>> Name: Gloria Winters, PhD
>> Occupation: Egghead
>> Commcode: 92107-l3c2
>> Address: Aspen

== Qualities ==
Amnesia

== Lifestyles ==

== Cyberware/Bioware ==
None hopefully.

== Armor ==
Armor Clothing
-Insulation 6
== Weapons ==
== Commlink ==
== Gear ==
Power Focus (F2)
== Vehicles ==

== Description ==
Short even for a dwarf, and about as wide as he is tall, he's dressed in soft leathers and a pendant hangs from his neck.

== Background ==
Woke up a few moments ago upside down strapped into the passenger seat of a van, filled with an assortment of meta-types.

== Notes ==
I forgot.  8)
« Last Edit: <08-29-14/1649:59> by GrimWulf »

Tecumseh

• Prime Runner
« Reply #4 on: <08-21-14/1703:32> »
Name: Ileana Anghelescu?
Alias: The Masked Woman
Race: Human
Sex: Female
Nationality: Saeder-Kruppian?
Ancestry: Romanian?
Lifestyle: Unknown, home address in Aspen
Money: ¥915
Karma Spent: 0
Physical Description:1.75m, 55kg. Her long, dark hair pools on her shoulders, and frames her ballistic mask that has a Wiccan pentagram carved ornately on its face. She wears a lined coat over a black jumpsuit, boots, and gloves. She's completely covered, with no skin or other physical features visible.
Personality/background ?

Attributes
BodyAgilityReactionStrength
LogicIntuitionWillpowerCharisma
EdgeMagicEssenceInitiative
36?2d6 + 9
Physical l.Mental l.Social l.Astral l.
Physical boxStun boxOverflow
0/114/110

Positive Qualities
NameNotes
Mentor SpiritFire-Bringer. +2 Alchemy, +2 Manipulation
CarromelegIaijutsu

Negative Qualities
NameNotes
??

Active Skills
Blades6
Sorcery Skill Group6
Alchemy Skill Group5
Stealth Skill Group3
Astral Combat3
Athletics Skill Group2
Assensing4
Throwing Weapons (Blades)4 (6)
Perception3
Tracking3
Computer2
Intimidation2
Etiquette1
First Aid0
Survival0
Leadership0

Knowledge Skills (18 free points)
Area Knowledge: Pueblo Corporate Council3
Magical Theory3
Magic Traditions (Wicca)2 (4)
History (Medieval)2 (4)
Paranormal Critters ()2 (4)

Language Skills
EnglishN
Sperethiel4
Hopi2
Zuñi1

Spells and Preparations
Spell NameCategoryRangeTypeDamageDurationDrainDefaultSourceNotes
Detect Enemies (Extended)DetectionTMN/ASFF3 / D3SR5, p. 286Range = Force * Magic * 10
InfluenceManipulationLOSMN/APF - 1F4 / D3SR5, p. 293"a powerful post-hypnotic command"
Mana BindManipulationLOSMN/ASF - 2F5 / D3Grimoire, p. 114Every net hit reduces target's Agility by 1.
Magic FingersManipulationLOSMN/ASF - 2F5 / D3SR5, p. 294Hits = STR and AGI
Combat Sense (preparation)DetectionT (preparation)MN/A(Potency) minutesF + triggerF3 / D3+1SR5, p. 305Hits = +1 Reaction on Surprise tests, +1 Defense (melee or ranged)
Heal (preparation)HealthT (preparation)MN/APF - 4 + 2F5 / D1+2SR5, p. 288Hits = boxes healed
Increase Strength (preparation)HealthT (preparation)PN/A(Potency) minutesF - 3 + 2F4 / D1+2SR5, p. 288Force must equal or exceed base value. Hits = bonus

Contacts
ContactProfessionC/L
DariaWiccan?/?

Gear
Lined Coat (armor 9)
     - Insulation 2
     - Non-Conductivity 2
     - Concealed Quick Draw sheath [4]
     - Gear Access (concealed pockets) for throwing knives [1]

Ballistic Mask - +2 Armor, +2 Social Limit to Intimidation [8]
     - Enchanting Focus 2: "with a Wiccan pentagram ornately carved into its face"
     - Hermes Ikon (rating 5) [2]
     - trodes [1] = DNI
     - Vision Enhancement [3]
     - Internal Air Tank [1]
     - Cyberware Scanner ( Rating 8 ) [1]
     - Maglock (Rating 6)

10 throwing knives
     - Acc 6 (Phys), 5P, AP -1
     - Ranges: 4 / 8 / 12 / 20

1 throwing knife as lynchpin for Combat Sense, Force 4, Potency 4
     - Cast at 1am. Potency will begin to fade at 9am. 3 @ 10am, 0 @ 1pm

1 throwing knife as lynchpin for Increase Strength, Force 4, Potency 4
     - Cast at 1am. Potency will begin to fade at 9am. 3 @ 10am, 0 @ 1pm

Highland Forge Claymore weapon focus
     - Force 2
     - Acc 5, Reach 2, 9P, AP -5
     - Concealability +6 (+2 while sheathed in Lined Coat)

Fake SIN (R1 or R2)
     - Ivana Kutchukokoph
     - Aztechnology Corporate Limited SIN
     - Japanese Elf, Age 18
     - bogus licenses (Registered Awakened, Concealed Carry, Anonymity, to Kill)

Fake and/or Real SIN
     - Ileana Anghelescu
     - Saeder-Krupp Limited SIN
     - Caucasian Human, Age 23
     - Registered Awakened (You are listed as a Spellcaster and Enchanter)
     - Talismonger License (An international license permitting you to operate as a Talismonger)
     - Weapon Focus License (Claymore)
     - Enchanting Focus License (Mask)

100 Reagents

pictures of mountains (lots)

Fairlight Caliban
Erika Elite
Beretta 201T Light Pistol, loaded with explosive rounds
2 clips Light Pistol ammo, loaded with regular ammo (given to the Elf / APB)
3 clips shotgun ammo, loaded with Stick-N-Shock rounds

Notes: Current rolling history: 182 hits on 522 dice = 34.9%
« Last Edit: <09-23-14/0235:11> by Tecumseh »

Novocrane

• Ace Runner
« Reply #5 on: <08-21-14/1743:30> »

==Achievements==
Memory Test!

== Info ==
Ork / Male / ?
Street Name: "Hey you!", "Ork!", or "Chino"
Height: (around) 220cm
Weight: (upwards of) 200kg

== Description ==
Appearance: A tall-ish, heavy set Ork of apparent European descent, with short-cropped blonde hair and blue eyes. Bulky beyond Orkish standards, his muscular frame unsubtly suggests extensive augmentation - something which contrasts starkly with the stylised tattoo qi foci covering his arms and face.
The tattoos themselves appear to be from various influences. While a lone "tribal" pattern crosses his brow, the tattoos on his arms present a barely coherent patchwork of intermingling styles. A wizened, old coyote shows prominently over his left shoulder, rippling (figuratively) from bold Aztec lines to realism, standing above a full sleeve of angered kami. Koi travel up his right arm towards a Celtic knot, while a sinuous Chinese dragon circles towards a ringed cross that appears both on his right palm and the back of the same hand.

Currently Wearing: One thickly padded jumpsuit with the brand labels removed (apparently intentional) and a few minor tears. (not so much) Probably from an Urban Explorer DFO or knockoff outlet. For anyone that takes note of such things; the internal lining far exceeds their usual skiing / climbing brands in quality - which means either a custom job, or the jumpsuit was made to look cheaper than it actually is.
Trode Headband. Fairly standard, with a thin protective cover.

== Background ==

== Notes ==
Currently waiting for an appropriate time to;
check unlabeled simchip, AR and VR games on commlink
consider recording experiences through available simrig

>> Send Message
  >> Contact: Ohanzee, Chino, Crumpliah
    >> Message: I trust some of us more than others. Apparently, I have a long standing working history with you three, if this link is to be believed. I'll be frank with you. I fear that either our group betrayed them or their group betrayed us. I'm forwarding you a conversation between myself and the Johnson for the job we were on before the accident. Its contents lead me to believe that WE were the ones targeted.

>> Send File
  >> Contact: Ohanzee, Chino, Crumplemintz
    >> File: Johnson transcript.Doc
There's also a video. When played, it shows a camera with an outside view of some structure, pointed at a wall. Then the wall explodes outwards and Chino stumbles through, looking like he just kicked the wall open like it was a door with a bad latch. Following him are yourself and Ohanzee, who is gesturing towards the crate and levitating it through. Then Uncle Sam comes out, walking backwards while firing back through the breach on full auto.

== Attributes ==
Bod 5
Agi 4
Rea 5(6)
Str 5(9)
Wil 5
Log 4
Int 3
Cha ?

Edg 3(2)

== Derived Attributes ==
Ini 8(9) + 2d6
*Limits
Men 6
Phs 7(10)
Soc 2?
*Damage Track
P: [][][] [][][] [][][] [][] {}{}{}{}{}
S: [][][] [][][] [][][] [][]
Not ?
Awa ?

== Active Skills ==
*Athletics 5
*Engineering 3
*Outdoors 2
Assensing 2
Pilot Ground Craft 5

== Knowledge Skills ==
*Language
English N
*Academic
*Professional
*Interest
Action Trid Stars 2
*Street

== Contacts ==

== Qualities ==
Amnesia

== Lifestyles ==

==Adept Powers ==
Hang Time 1
Improved Reflexes 1
Wall Running

Qi Focus (Spirit Claw / R1)
Qi Focus (Astral Perception / R4)

== Cyberware/Bioware ==
Yes

== Armor ==
Urban Explorer Jumpsuit (Insulation 6)

== Weapons ==

== Commlink ==
Commlink: Renraku Sensei (sim module)
Subvocal Mic
Simrig
Trode Headband

== Gear ==
Smart Glasses (busted)

Bug Scanner (Rating 6)
Tag Eraser

Ear buds (Rating 3, Audio Enhancement 3)
Flashlight (Low-Light)
Respirator (Rating 6)
Rope (Unmeasured)
Standard Credstick (2,300¥)

== Vehicles ==
Rover 2072
« Last Edit: <09-27-14/1813:34> by Novocrane »

Ravensoracle

• Omae
« Reply #6 on: <08-21-14/1945:08> »
Crumpled Man

== Info ==
Street Name: ?
Movement: ?
Street Cred: ?
Notoriety: ?
Public Awareness: ?
Human M Age ?
Height ~2m Weight
Composure: ?
Judge Intentions: ?
Lift/Carry: ?
Memory: ?
Nuyen: ?

== Attributes ==
BOD: 3
AGI: ?
REA: 3
STR: ?
CHA: ?
INT: 4
LOG: 6(9)
WIL: 5
EDG: ?

== Derived Attributes ==
Essence:                  ?
Initiative:                ?
IP:                        ?
Physical Damage Track:     ?
Stun Damage Track:         ?

== Active Skills ==
Aeronautics Mechanic       : ?     
Animal Handling            : ?     
Animal Training            : ? 
Archery                    : ?       
Armorer                    : ?     
Artisan                    : ?     
Automatics                 : ?   
Automotive Mechanic        : ?         
Blades                     : ?
Climbing                   : ?
Clubs                      : ?
Computer                   : 5
Con                        : ?
Cybercombat                : ?
Data Search                : ?
Demolitions                : ?
Disguise                   : ?
Diving                     : ?
Dodge                      : ?
Electronic Warfare         : ?
Escape Artist              : ?
Etiquette                  : ?
First Aid                  : ?
Flight                     : ?
Forgery                    : ?
Gunnery                    : ?
Gymnastics                 : ?
Hacking                    : ?
Hardware                   : 4
Heavy Weapons              : ?
Industrial Mechanic        : ?
Infiltration               : ?
Instruction                : ?
Intimidation               : ?
Leadership                 : ?
Locksmith                  : ?
Longarms                   : ?
Nautical Mechanic          : ?
Navigation                 : ?
Negotiation                : ?
Palming                    : ?
Parachuting                : ?
Perception                 : ?
Pilot Aircraft             : ?
Pilot Anthroform           : ?
Pilot Ground Craft         : ?
Pilot Watercraft           : ?
Pistols                    : ?
Riding                     : ?
Running                    : ?
Shadowing                  : ?
Software                   :2
Survival                   : ?
Swimming                   : ?
Throwing Weapons           : ?
Tracking                   : ?
Unarmed Combat             : ?

== Knowledge Skills ==
English (N)

== Contacts ==

== Qualities ==
Amnesia

== Lifestyles ==

== Cyberware/Bioware ==
Used CyberArm (Str 6, Agi 6)
--Implanted cybershotgun
-- Cyberdeck Sony CIY 720

== Armor ==
Equipped with Medkit
== Weapons ==
== Commlink ==
Agent is Rating 6, and rolls Rating*2+2 for everything. It also has 4d6 initiative dice, and has Rating + Your Data Processing for Initiative.
== Gear ==
== Vehicles ==

== Description ==
Somebody forgot to wear their safety belt. A man lies in a crumpled heap on the ceiling of the overturned van, face down in the snow. He's dressed appropriately for the weather, and its clear one of his arms is cybernetic, with a touch screen of an implanted cyberdeck visible on his forearm.

== Background ==
 Computer 5, Hardware 4 and Software 2.
« Last Edit: <09-09-14/2000:20> by Ravensoracle »
Speech
Thoughts
Comm/Text
Subvocal

Ren

• Ace Runner
« Reply #7 on: <08-22-14/0729:01> »
Alias: ?
Race: human
Sex: male
Nationality: ?
Ancestry: Caucasian
Lifestyle:
Money:
Karma Spent:
Physical Description: The man in the van looks just like your average sprawl-dweller. About 175 cm (5'8") tall, weighing appr. 70 kg (155 lbs), his brown hair fashionately short and disheveled, brown eyes neither looking for nor avoiding eye contact. He wears long pants, a shirt, and a jacket neither tres chic nor horrendously outdated.
Personality/background ?

Attributes

BodyAgilityReactionStrength
56(9)3(4)6
CharismaIntuitionLogicWillpower
EdgeMagic/ResonanceEssenceInitiative
?-?6(7) + 1d6(2d6)
ComposureJudge IntentionsLiftMemory
Phisical l.Mental l.Social l.Astral l.
755-
Physical boxStun boxOverflowReputation
11105?

Positive Qualities
NameKarmaNotes
Ambidexterous4- no penalty for using "off" hand
Negative Qualities
NameKarmaNotes
??- ?

Active Skills
Firearms Group4
[/b]
Close Combat Group4
[/b]
Stealth Group3
[/b]
Athletics Group2
[/b]
Perception4
Leadership1
Computer2
Survival2
Intimidation1
Knowledge Skills (10 free points)
??
Language Skills
EnglishN

Cyber/Bioware
WareEssenceNotes
??- ?

Gear
Weapons
Defiance EX Shocker- smartlink; acc6, 9S(e), -5AP, SS, RC0, ammo4(m); 3 taser darts
Ares Light Fire 70- smartlink; acc9, 6P, -0AP, SA, RC0, ammo16(c); 16 gel rounds
Ares Crusader 2- smartlink; acc7, 7P, -0AP, SA/BF, RC2, ammo40(c); 40 regular rounds

Armor
Ares Armored Survivalist- Armor 8, Insulation 4

Explosives
?- ?

Electronics
Hermes Ikon- DR5

Sensors
?- ?

IDs
?- ?

Other
Concealed quick-draw holster- under jacket, -1 Concealability, quick-draw threshold is 2; wireless: -1 Concealability
Concealed holster- ankle, -1 Concealability; wireless: -1 Concealability
Hidden arm slide- right arm, -1 Concealability, quick-draw threshold is 2; wireless: Ready Weapon is Free

Contacts
ContactC/L
??
« Last Edit: <08-26-14/1800:18> by Ren »
"Speech", Matrix, >>Text<<, Thoughts, Astral
Bulldog
Stake

Ryo

• Ace Runner
« Reply #8 on: <08-22-14/1144:29> »
Looks like everyone has a placeholder post, so I'm gonna go ahead and get things rolling.

1. How I expect this to work: You declare an action that requires a roll, I tell you the rating of the associated skill and attribute.

shall we declare these actions in the OOC thread?

cause if we can do em here, Troll's order of actions will be 1- check himself for injuries (first aid) 2- inspect the rifle. is it in good enough shape to be fired? smartlinked? does it have ammo? (armorer) 3-  undo the seatbelt and try to land on my feet (gymnastics)

also, are we doing these rolls with orokos?

Declare here, yeah. I think that works better for the flow of the game. Orokos is fine.

1: The Troll checks himself for injuries: Logic (4) + First Aid (1): 5d6t5 1

2: The Troll inspects his rifle: Logic (4) + Armorer (1): 5d6t5 2
And realizes he knows a lot about guns: Intuition (3) + Firearms Interest Knowledge (3): 6d6t5 2

3: The Troll undoes the seatbelt and tries to land on his feet.  Agility (9) + Gymnastics (2): 11d6t5 5

Congratulations, you've discovered the following:

Logic 4
Intuition 3
Agility 5(9)

Firearms Interest Knowledge 3

Athletics Group 2
First Aid 1
Armorer 1

Poindexter

• Prime Runner
  • If you lack empathy, you are worthless.
« Reply #9 on: <08-22-14/1223:32> »

am i injured?

And realizes he knows a lot about guns: Intuition (3) + Firearms Interest Knowledge (3): 6d6t5 2

what kind of rifle is this? is it smartlinked? does it have ammo? is it too damaged to fire?

3: The Troll undoes the seatbelt and tries to land on his feet.  Agility (9) + Gymnastics (2): 11d6t5 5

do i land it, or plummet on my face for some stun dmg?

Also, YAY!

Also also, HOLY CRAP! 5/9 agility?! I'm either super rich, borged to bejeezus, or an adept.
« Last Edit: <08-22-14/1226:03> by Poindexter »
"speaking out loud"
<<matrix actions/communication>>
thought
astral
subvocal/whispering
non-english

Ryo

• Ace Runner
« Reply #10 on: <08-22-14/1235:31> »

am i injured?

what kind of rifle is this? is it smartlinked? does it have ammo? is it too damaged to fire?

do i land it, or plummet on my face for some stun dmg?

Also, YAY!

Also also, HOLY CRAP! 5/9 agility?! I'm either super rich, borged to bejeezus, or an adept.

I'm making the IC post right now, so you will get the answer to all three shortly.

And I did say you guys were above and beyond starting characters, so yes, you have really high agility, especially for a troll.

Tecumseh

• Prime Runner
« Reply #11 on: <08-22-14/1258:41> »
I fell asleep last night thinking about my character, trying to puzzle her out from the few clues available. Then I had a dream about it, but in the dream I didn't know anything either. I'm excited to start figuring it out.

The Masked Woman
1 - inspect self for injuries
2 - if not unduly injured, release the 5-point harness and fall to the roof-floor as gracefully as possible
3 - inspect The Crumpled Man for injuries
4 - check the pockets of my lined coat and my jumpsuit (if jumpsuits have pockets)
5 - see if this ballistic mask has any vision mods ... can we tell if it is day or night?

Ryo, can you give us some more direction about what you would like us to post ICly?

Edit: Forgot Step 5
« Last Edit: <08-22-14/1307:10> by Tecumseh »

Novocrane

• Ace Runner
« Reply #12 on: <08-22-14/1303:24> »
Is the vehicle still apparently functional at all? Am I getting any obvious signs of DNI or Augmented Reality? Can I feel anything other than scalp / hair when checking my head?

My first actions after getting out of the harness and feeling for any major pain will probably relate to that, if not our immediate surroundings.
« Last Edit: <08-22-14/1318:22> by Novocrane »

GrimWulf

• Omae
« Reply #13 on: <08-22-14/1307:21> »
'Dwarf' will:
1. check self for injuries
2. Attempt to free himself from harness without incurring (further) injury
3. crawl out shattered windshield
4. have a look 'round to try and get bearings.

Ren

• Ace Runner
« Reply #14 on: <08-22-14/1316:41> »
This will take some getting used to. In other games, we usually post IC, so i am used to more in-depth descriptions of my characters actions than simple listing, but i will try:

1. Getting his bearings, look at the immediate surroundings.
2. After realizing several people are moving around, checking if they seem to be hostile.
3. After that, checking himself, if there are any particular pains or deformities that suggest injuries.
4. As the bottom (i mean top) of the van starts to get quite crowded, checking what he has on/with him.
5. After his mind clears somewhat, thinking about where the hell he is and why, and who the hell all those people are.

I think this is enough for a first batch.  ;D
"Speech", Matrix, >>Text<<, Thoughts, Astral
Bulldog
Stake