NEWS

Shadowland/Jackpoint Members List (Updated 4/23/23)

• 313 Replies

Mooncrow

• Chummer
« Reply #30 on: <09-08-10/0652:03> »
the posters I always wonder about are Dragonslayer (drove me up the fraggin' wall!), Lone Gunman (so much fun - Clockwork reminds me of him) and Buzz (seriously drek-irritating - the other half of flashbacks from Clockwork).  Oh, and Glitterfrost . . . whether or not this was Hualpa.

Agreed on Dragonslayer - I wanted to know what happened to him so I could point and laugh. 

Longshot23

• Omae
« Reply #31 on: <09-08-10/0706:17> »
the posters I always wonder about are Dragonslayer (drove me up the fraggin' wall!), Lone Gunman (so much fun - Clockwork reminds me of him) and Buzz (seriously drek-irritating - the other half of flashbacks from Clockwork).  Oh, and Glitterfrost . . . whether or not this was Hualpa.

Agreed on Dragonslayer - I wanted to know what happened to him so I could point and laugh. 

Of course, you know he'd just ignore you, or (if he was having a bad day) add you on the supposed draconic assassination list . . . come to think of it, wonder what that bunch of loonies were doing about drakes . . .

FastJack

• Administrator
  • Prime Runner
  • Kids these days...
« Reply #32 on: <09-08-10/0937:09> »
See, Skeptic is the one that got me. I mean, I *am* a skeptic and a believer at the same time. I just didn't get how he couldn't accept any of the rumors going on when he lived in a world of dragons and AI's...

Doc Chaos

• Omae
  • Bavarian Mr. Johnson
« Reply #33 on: <09-08-10/1008:33> »
You remember the Iraqi Minister for Public Information? The guy who yelled "We will behead them, they are already rotting on the battlefield, there is but a single tank in the city and it is stuck!" while some Marines under cover of an Abrams tank were taking the plaza behind him? ;)
SR4A Limited Edition [german] - 0478/1100

Texas_Tarantula

• Newb
« Reply #34 on: <09-08-10/1416:43> »
I've always loved Man-of-Many-Names, Fastjack, and Fatima. Clockwork's a little bi- well, he's got stances I do not respect.

Of course, none of the users stand up to the all-amazing power of Bung, the smart-aleck from SE2 and beyond. I miss Bung.

FastJack

• Administrator
  • Prime Runner
  • Kids these days...
« Reply #35 on: <09-08-10/1436:49> »
I've always loved Man-of-Many-Names, Fastjack, and Fatima. Clockwork's a little bi- well, he's got stances I do not respect.

Of course, none of the users stand up to the all-amazing power of Bung, the smart-aleck from SE2 and beyond. I miss Bung.
I believe he's still around.

And his newb cousin GnuB.

(What, you never realized that was Bung spelled backwards? ;))

BlackMyron

• Newb
« Reply #36 on: <09-08-10/2329:52> »
 IIRC, one of the Jackpointers mentioned missing Dragonslayer and his loony comments.

Reading one of the older sourcebooks, I was greatly amused when Hestaby flat-out replied "You are an idiot" to one of his rants.

I miss Tomtom.  His Madagascar bit (with Captain Chaos booting him off at the end) was hilarious.

FastJack

• Administrator
  • Prime Runner
  • Kids these days...
« Reply #37 on: <09-08-10/2355:27> »
Maybe if we ask really nicely Jason & Co. will give us some updates on older Shadowland folks...

;)

Saint

• Newb
« Reply #38 on: <09-09-10/0717:58> »
We need to get some Jackpoint/Shadowland Style threads going where the admins or writers feed us a little tidbit and we comment away on it. Who knows we may end up with our stuff inspiring the writers.

Doc Chaos

• Omae
  • Bavarian Mr. Johnson
« Reply #39 on: <09-09-10/0729:46> »
As much as I'd like that, I don't think it's gonna happen.
SR4A Limited Edition [german] - 0478/1100

Saint

• Newb
« Reply #40 on: <09-09-10/1717:49> »
even if it was just one of us writing up a piece of speculation on events and having some fun it would be pretty cool.

FastJack

• Administrator
  • Prime Runner
  • Kids these days...
« Reply #41 on: <09-09-10/2043:58> »
Well, just asked Bull over on his U93 Biography thread, and he said to go for it. If you want to post, create a biography on his thread, then start a topic. If you got an article, go ahead and post it or attach it to the opening post. I'd stick to his recommendations though and if you start a Shadowland thread, put either [U93] (signifying the old-school date-time stamped forums) or [SEA] (signifying the new Jackpoint/ShadowSEA) style. Also keep to character you post a biography for, no one posting as Slamm-0! or Netcat (I'm not posting as FastJack).

Bull

• Ace Runner
  • Crotchety Old Ork Decker
« Reply #42 on: <09-12-10/0206:37> »
Fun thread.  Ok, a few answers on my end...

1)  The Bull that posted to Shadowtech is technically not the same Bull as the "Best Ork Decker YOu Never Met".  I was playing Bull by that point, but Target: UCAS was my characters Debut as a Shadowtalker (I won a contest on the old ShadowRN mailing list, along with Spike, Granite, Fro (Adam Jury's original online handle), and one other person...  Kumquat maybe?  It COULD have been my character, I was playing when the book came out.  And I always claimed that it was me. :)

2)  A fair number of characters were based on real characters.  Talon was Steve Kenson.  Josie Cruise was Jon Szeto's.  Bull was mine.  Slamm-O was Fred Hoopers.  Winterhawk belonged to one of the assistant Developers.  Pistons was Elissa Carey.  Half the characters I ever put into anything I wrote were either some of my secondary characters, friends characters, or friends online Nicknames.  But, a lot of time, they were either jokes, or just random names pulled out for fun.  I know in one of the SOTA books, Jon Szeto used a bunch of GI Joe names to fill in for merc posters.

3)  An "In Character" chat was done once, during one of the Live Chats that CGL did for a while.  I'd actually love to see something like that done again, or do up something like that on the forums here.

4)  I'm going to end up using some of the Season 4 Missions Conatcts and NPCs in the UV93 threads for shits and giggles, and I wouldn't be surprised to see some talk about events going on in Missions pop up there.

Bull

FastJack

• Administrator
  • Prime Runner
  • Kids these days...
« Reply #43 on: <09-12-10/1130:24> »
Thanks Bull!

<happily scribbling notes in my master files>

Patrick Goodman

• Errata Team
  • Ace Runner
  • Fixing the fixless since 2016