• Mnemonic enhancer 2
• Muscle toner 2
• Reaction enhancers 2
• Simrig
• Skilljack 6
• Skillwires 6
• Wired reflexes 1

Used = 5.625 essence / 10r / $431,250

As you can see you if you choose used you can actually fit this thing into your character during chargen.

Throw a rating 5 stealth dongle onto that comlink and you can start hacking stuff with it.

Take "Rich" quality to end up with maxed out $$ of @$531,000 nuyen, enough for all of the above and @$20k for other gear.

choose your priorities right and you can end up with a decker / sam quite easily who is far more effective than the standard cyber-arm decker.

Thoughts?

FST_Gemstar

• Omae
« Reply #1 on: <03-16-16/1349:22> »
I do like me a black-ops generalist build.

A few issues though:
You have some cultured bioware as part of the suite - no matter how we define "used," they can't be bought used.
A rating 6 standard skilljack is an 18 availability. Even used it is 14.  I think the available of the whole suite is too low if you include this. A Rating 4 would be more reasonable, and save 60k  for the standard package.
No funds leftover for skillsofts, especially at such high levels.

So if the skillwires/skilljack drop to 4 and you leave the Cerebral booster and mnemonic enhancer out of it, I think it looks more feasible. The mental parts are out, but those can be added in a separate suite, that even if you get the Front Line Mind package used,  you could still afford the standard cost/essence of the booster/enhancer. Or you can forget them for a bit and have some nuyen to buy a few rating 4 skillsofts.
« Last Edit: <03-16-16/1353:44> by FST_Gemstar »

adzling

« Reply #2 on: <03-16-16/1407:28> »
Yeah but this is an actual thing in Boston Lockdown (I didn't make it up).
And you must get the entire package (you can't pick and choose) and then you cannot ever take any other ware.

So it's all or nothing...

Yeah no $$ for Activesofts, that would have to come post chargen...

But I still think it's a bit OP, as you pointed out it's an incredible deal in a number of ways..

Whiskeyjack

• Prime Runner
« Reply #3 on: <03-16-16/1439:55> »
kill all dongles forever

You have some cultured bioware as part of the suite - no matter how we define "used," they can't be bought used.
Wrong! or at the very least not borne out by the RAW.
Playability > verisimilitude.

FST_Gemstar

• Omae
« Reply #4 on: <03-16-16/1457:26> »
Even after years, that sent me back to core.

I guess you are right. It doesn't say that you can't get used grade cultured ware. I guess I have been relying on chummer for too long (no used cultured bioware option).

Whiskeyjack

• Prime Runner
« Reply #5 on: <03-16-16/1503:34> »

I guess you are right. It doesn't say that you can't get used grade cultured ware. I guess I have been relying on chummer for too long (no used cultured bioware option).
Yeah the big thing is that the book even says "used" doesn't have to mean "ripped from someone's body," and then I think they introduced omega-grade for those that protesteth too much about it.
Playability > verisimilitude.

FST_Gemstar

• Omae
« Reply #6 on: <03-16-16/1505:25> »
Yeah, I'm very ok with "used" as an indicator of quality and not taken literally. Chummer just biased me.

Good to go on the cultured bioware, Adzling!

I should finally get Boston Lockdown...
« Last Edit: <03-16-16/1507:43> by FST_Gemstar »

Senko

• Ace Runner
« Reply #7 on: <03-16-16/1646:20> »
Take the prototype transhuman quality you may be an astral beacon but you can shave 1 essence off that suites essence cost because say the cerebral boosting is part of you.

adzling

« Reply #8 on: <03-16-16/1818:16> »
see new thread in character creation area for the HeadJack build....

Pap Renvela

• Omae
« Reply #9 on: <03-16-16/2159:35> »
Take the prototype transhuman quality you may be an astral beacon but you can shave 1 essence off that suites essence cost because say the cerebral boosting is part of you.

No.. just be glad I'm not there to hit you with an unabriged dictionary.

It's all implanted at the same time. Ergo, the bioware can't be grown ahead of time.

Senko

• Ace Runner
« Reply #10 on: <03-16-16/2230:14> »
I thought this was at character creation which is the only time prototype transhuman can taken. They implanted a bunch of it in a test subject were. Some took. Now if you were buying the suite after creation it'd be a different matter. There is nothing that says transhuman can't be applied to some browser and not others.

Pap Renvela

• Omae
« Reply #11 on: <03-17-16/0124:41> »
Prototype Transhumam means it was grown as your embryo grew. Therefore it isn't paart of the cybersuite.
A cyber suite cannot by rules work with any 'ware that's not implanted with it.
The ONLY exception is that if a piece of ware from the cybersuite has capacity (ie cybereyes) than you can us the capacity.

Rooks

• Omae
« Reply #12 on: <03-17-16/0130:19> »
I dont think CyberSuites have grades either

Senko

• Ace Runner
« Reply #13 on: <03-17-16/0559:17> »
Ah never really looked at suites since I tend to play mages fair enough.

Rift_0f_Bladz

• Ace Runner
  • Go big or DIE
« Reply #14 on: <03-17-16/1057:33> »

Yeah the big thing is that the book even says "used" doesn't have to mean "ripped from someone's body," and then I think they introduced omega-grade for those that protesteth too much about it.

Agree to both, ShadowRun has decks and deckers, not comlink hacker bums. Now, cheaper decks and more money for runs will help this.
Quote- Mirikon on 7/30/2019 at 08:26:51
Agreed. This looks like a 'training wheels' edition, that you can use to introduce someone to the setting, and then shift over to something like 5E or 4E. Like how D&D 5E is best used as training wheels for D&D 3.X.

Turned in Toxshaman for ¥1 million/4 once.