NEWS

So.... Knucks

• 8 Replies

Acolyte

« on: <10-16-14/0652:57> »
I was looking at the Knucks and it say (STR+1)P DV. So what happens if you get bone lacing? Do you use the higher value (kinda like armor) or do you just add 1 to the punch damage?

Kinda torn.... I can see both ways having merrit and neither being unbalanced, really....

So how would you guy play it?

Thanks
   - Shane

Michael Chandra

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Prime Runner
  • Question-slicing ninja
« Reply #1 on: <10-16-14/0707:45> »
The bonus-damage comes from the combination of your Strength and the toughness of the knucks. With Bone Lacing/DA, you get the bonus-damage from the combination of your Strength and the toughness of your body. So I do not think you get bonus damage on Knucks with that kind of augmentation.
How am I not part of the forum?? O_O I am both active and angry!

Lucean

• Ace Runner
« Reply #2 on: <10-16-14/0724:52> »
Since they are both listed as a damage code and not a modifier (see ammunition), they can't be combined.

If you think that is silly, though, feel free to change it for your table ;)

Rift_0f_Bladz

• Ace Runner
  • Go big or DIE
« Reply #3 on: <10-16-14/1714:32> »
Have to agree with those above, kinda sucks for bone laced street sams, but hey, they get all kinds of other fun.
Quote- Mirikon on 7/30/2019 at 08:26:51
Agreed. This looks like a 'training wheels' edition, that you can use to introduce someone to the setting, and then shift over to something like 5E or 4E. Like how D&D 5E is best used as training wheels for D&D 3.X.

Turned in Toxshaman for ¥1 million/4 once.

Imveros

• Ace Runner
« Reply #4 on: <10-16-14/1800:56> »
I was looking at the Knucks and it say (STR+1)P DV. So what happens if you get bone lacing? Do you use the higher value (kinda like armor) or do you just add 1 to the punch damage?

Kinda torn.... I can see both ways having merrit and neither being unbalanced, really....

So how would you guy play it?

Thanks
   - Shane

RAW i believe they dont stack. As has been stated they are both damage codes. Still i would allow them to stack at my table. Melee already stinks enough, adding +1 unarmed damage wont drastically alter the power balance
No trees were harmed in the creation of this message, but a large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced.

"normal speech" thought "Matrix"   whisper "Subvocal" "Foreign Language"

Namikaze

• Freelancer Ltd
  • Prime Runner
  • I'm a Ma'fan of Shadowrun!
« Reply #5 on: <10-17-14/0144:38> »
Yeah I don't see them stacking.  But think of it this way - your character with bone lacing can't be disarmed.  Unless...  well, he could get dis-armed.  *rimshot*
Feel free to keep any karma you earned illicitly, it's on us.

Quote from: Stephen Covey
Most people do not listen with the intent to understand; they listen with the intent to reply.

The Wyrm Ouroboros

• Prime Runner
  • I Have Taken All Shadowrun To Be My Province
« Reply #6 on: <10-17-14/0259:59> »
Yeah.  Bone-lacing (or bone density mod) is 'knucks you can't take away'.  On the other hand, you can always purchase knucks of whatever form and enchant them into weapon foci.  "Bob's Big Brass Knucks o' Impressive Doom +3.  Guaranteed to make the girls swoon and the spirits piss their ether."
Pananagutan & End/Line

Old As McBean, Twice As Mean
"Oh, gee - it's Go-Frag-Yourself-O'Clock."
New Wyrm!! Now with Twice the Bastard!!

Laés is ... I forget. -PiXeL01
Play the game. Don't try to win it.

Acolyte

« Reply #7 on: <10-17-14/0522:42> »
Cool, thanks guys!

- Shane

Xenon

• Prime Runner
« Reply #8 on: <10-17-14/1021:11> »
Bone lacing alter your unarmed damage from (STR) S to (STR+1) P, (STR+2) P or (STR+3) P

Knucks is a melee weapon that deal (STR+1) P damage and just happen use unarmed combat skill.

They don't stack.