NEWS

Mayoral election

• 3 Replies

Lighthouse

• Omae
« on: <11-06-15/1133:49> »
Chaos war spoliers!!!

So I am Gming a run where the runners need to influence a local election. what I have so far. The election is for Chicago mayor and due to corruption and security concers the votes will be counted by machine in Springfield Ilinois at the office of elections or something downtown. I need some twists. They are to sneak in and hack the machine that counts the votes from the different districts. Anothe runner team will be working for the other candidate. What other twists can I throw at them? What kind of security would the building have? What would the police response be if it goes sideways? Thoughts?
"Fish gotta swim You know what I'm sayin." Omar

Beta

• Ace Runner
  • SR1 player, SR5 GM@FtF & player@PbP
« Reply #1 on: <11-06-15/1211:50> »
Riots on voting day, due to accusations of corruption.  No good hacking the voting machines if the ballots never make it there in the first place ...

A fringe candidate catches the popular imagination, and late polls show that she/he could get enough of the vote to upset everyone's calculations.  So the original plan of how to manipulate the results needs a last second change.

To head off plans exactly like what is happening, after being counted in Springfield, the paper ballots are going to another location for re-counting.  That was amazingly kept secret, so there is a scramble of what to do now?

CitizenJoe

• Ace Runner
« Reply #2 on: <11-06-15/1328:45> »
"Help" the other guy in a way that can be detected.  Then, during the last public appearance of the other guy, attack a third official with a "bug bomb" with accusations that the third guy is a bug spirit, only accidentally hit the "other guy" with the gas in such a way that he looks like a bug spirit... trideo illusion helps.

Lighthouse

• Omae
« Reply #3 on: <11-06-15/1404:25> »
Nice. Also Where would the Chicago City Hall be located?
"Fish gotta swim You know what I'm sayin." Omar