NEWS

Twilight Horizon - missing links

• 4 Replies

Sternenwind

• Chummer
  • ~maunz~
« on: <09-11-14/1208:35> »
I just worked through the twilight horizon books and somehow i miss something.
There are 2 story arcs, technomancer vs horizon and spirits vs horizon, and I can’t find the ending to both of them.

There are this missions about technomancer, finding a shocking truth and there hack horizon approach how the penetrating on layer of horizon after another to reach the consensus, there wins and loses and that was it. At the end there is a fluff text about riots and a lot of deads but I didn’t find anything about how it ended.

Same with the spirit story arc. Rumors about horizion torturing spirits and experimenting on them. Spirits cooking some great mojo in the desert. A test run a small indian city, blood rain and … nothing.

So how did it end? What did I miss?
« Last Edit: <09-11-14/1646:43> by Sternenwind »

MijRai

• Ace Runner
  • Kane's Understudy
« Reply #1 on: <09-11-14/1611:40> »
They're not over, last I checked. 
Would you want to go into a place where the resident had a drum-fed shotgun and can see in the dark?

Sternenwind

• Chummer
  • ~maunz~
« Reply #2 on: <09-11-14/1720:54> »
Are you sure?

I have trouble to find fitting dates but ...
Twilight Horizon(the book) is mid 2074, the spirit story arc starts 2073. October 2074 was the Atztech - Amazonien(Horizon) war over and Stolen Souls(the book) is April 2076.
Technomancer Uprising starts befor 3/2/2074 (Twilight Horizon S.44 - the fluff is 3/2/2974 and some of the plots points are before this interview) and escalated fast at that point. That’s a 2 year time gap to stolen souls and i found nothing.

Ok, it can be that all mission NPCs, and with that the plot, died in Las Vegas when Horizon start firing at technomancer and openly haunted them down. But it found nothing saying that everything the runner did was void, and if they stand their ground they will die.
« Last Edit: <09-11-14/1728:13> by Sternenwind »

The Wyrm Ouroboros

• Prime Runner
  • I Have Taken All Shadowrun To Be My Province
« Reply #3 on: <09-16-14/0127:44> »
Which book(s) do you have, and/or are talking about, here?  As I recall, there are four that are involved... which means you might not have them all.
Pananagutan & End/Line

Old As McBean, Twice As Mean
"Oh, gee - it's Go-Frag-Yourself-O'Clock."
New Wyrm!! Now with Twice the Bastard!!

Laés is ... I forget. -PiXeL01
Play the game. Don't try to win it.

Sternenwind

• Chummer
  • ~maunz~
« Reply #4 on: <09-16-14/0310:51> »
To my knowledge there are 3 Missions. The last one dabble in the Atzlan-Horizon conflict.
And there is the Twilight Horizon Sourcebook, full with info’s about the inner working of Horizon, how this AAA is changing and why. In addition there are some scenarios around Horizon and their troubles.

S.44ff
“Technomancer Uprising”, “Friends in the Right Places” and “The Heart of the Head” are scenarios where the runner can support radical technomancers and their movement. There is even a funny layer penetration count*. And there are some fluff text about the riots but I did not found any ending.

As a runner you can see, and feel, the effects of the Spirit vs Horizon Arc in fluff text and some scenarios.

“The Breaking Point” (S.127) tries to handle the big blow up in Las Vegas but don’t finish any of the two stories. Yes you can stop a spirit in his plan to destroy the city, or not, but it neither end him nor the angry spirit union in the desert.

It`s not that I want everything told, in detail, with numbers and written down unchangeable for all time. I am just a little confused that they introduced 2 groups with the goal to destroy or break Horizon and gave them the power, plausibility and the means to achieve their goal. And now, from my point of view, there are 2 groups that could end Horizon, any time. The spirits just need another source of energy they can use and if the technomancer don’t have any lever after official penetrating multiple layers and installing don’t know how many backdoors into the horizon system, they better should go back in the kindergarten.

*Whenever some IT Security guy starts to talk about how many layers of Security they build up to secure their stuff, I just have to smile. Same with some scrip kiddy describing how they penetrated dozen layers of security.
Most successful hacks, thefts and such like only overcome one or two obstacles, some times none, to achieve their goals.
« Last Edit: <09-16-14/0317:39> by Sternenwind »