NEWS

Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
General Discussion / Re: Any info on the Italian edition?
« Last post by Banshee on Today at 14:30:37 »
Can't give you an official CGL answer, but I can tell that as a freelancer and errata team member there has been no discussion with us about an Italian edition and we were included in discussion for both the German and French translations.
That certainly doesn't mean it's not in the works though, just that we are not being included if it is.
Catalyst's Shadowrun Products / Re: Shadowrun EdgeZone Previews
« Last post by Gianan on Today at 09:05:57 »
Uh very nice!  Do you plan to publish it also in Europe?
General Discussion / Any info on the Italian edition?
« Last post by Gianan on Today at 08:57:36 »
(Sorry if off topic, I didn't know where to write.  I hope there's someone from Catalyst who can clarify things a bit.)

So, I've been waiting the Italian edition of 6E since it's been announced... more than 3 years ago.
I've written to the Italian publisher (Wyrd edizioni), their official answer (to me and other people) is that they sent the final materials to the American publisher (so I guess CGL) last November,  in order to have their approval and start printing and shipping.
But they received no answers from CGL,  even after several reminders, so they can't do anything.

Since I'm starting to distrust Wyrd edizioni (for a couple of reasons),  could you confirm if this is actually true?

If that's the case and you don't want to deal with Wyrd anymore you have my understanding (they slept on the licence for 3 years after all),  I just want to know what is happening...  if you're looking for another publisher,  if everything is stuck,  if you just don't care,  I don't know.  Just any update please
Rules and such / Re: The Intelligence of Drones
« Last post by Michael Chandra on Today at 08:11:22 »
In doubt, a GM can roll Pilotx2 to see what the dogbrain decides on. If they've been ordered in the past to protect their owner, but not been ordered to not do so, the drone may decide to do so but it would be tricky for the dumb program to realise that. As for avenging, I'd argue that 'operator down, activate emergency protocol' is a reasonable thing, but one that MUST be discussed in advance with the player. It won't be as smart and tactical as the player might be.
Rules and such / Re: The Intelligence of Drones
« Last post by Xenon on Today at 07:03:43 »
If nobody else is directly controlling the drone then its onboard auto pilot will try to dodge incoming attacks by itself (without being instructed to do so), but it will generally not take the decision to actively return fire or go on murder spree on its own without its owner first explicitly instructing it to do so.
Rules and such / The Intelligence of Drones
« Last post by tymongiffin on <08-07-22/2357:32> »
Hello, I am a new member and would like to ask if the drone is smart enough to protect its pilot from an opponent's attack or can avenge that person when they are knocked down or not?

Thank!
Catalyst's Shadowrun Products / Shadowrun EdgeZone Previews
« Last post by Bull on <08-05-22/2022:36> »
So SREZ will officially be coming to Kickstarter in the Fall (date TBA). And CGL has an earlt proof copy on display at Gen Con! So excited to finally get to show it off a bit,

For those wondering what this is, it's a relaunch of the old Shadowrun Trading Card Game released by FASA in 1997. We've taken that and redesigned, added some new art and new cards, and turned it into an Upgradeable Card Game rather than a Collectible one. What does Upgradeable mean?  Well, each release comes with a full play set of all the cards in that set, and you can add that to your collection to build and customize decks with!

The concept of the game is that you earn nuyen, hire runners, equip them with gear, and make shadowrubs against Objectives you and your opponent(s) will have in play, trying to overcome or defeat any Challenges they play on that Objective. Each Objective is worth a varying number of Reputation points, and once you reach the Rep goal for the game (set by the players), you win!

There's been a few cards shown off over the past few months, little teases, but with the game on display at Gen Con, the Boss has given me the green light to show off some cards.

I'm also currently running polls all weekend on my twitter so folks can vote on what types of cards they want a preview of. Head over and vote:  https://twitter.com/BullOrkDecker

The boards giving me fits trying to link or post images, so best I can do are links.

GC Display 01
GC Display 02
GC Display 03
GC Display 04
Johnny Banger
Mercurial
Reese Frenzy
Winterhawk
Bull
Fairlight Excalibur
Program: Crash
Errata / [SR6] Third Parallel Errata
« Last post by MercilessMing on <08-04-22/2025:31> »
#24, Rocky Mountain Arsenal National Wildlife Refuge, is missing from the map.

#25, Sakura Square, is located where #24 Rocky Mountain Arsenal NWLR should be.  #25 should be placed somewhere near #11 and #13
Gear / Re: 6E: Binoculars and Rifle Scopes
« Last post by Xenon on <08-04-22/0422:17> »
If you engage an enemy at Medium, Far or Extreme range with a scope (by default they are all digital by now which mean they accept visual enhancements and can broadcast their field of view over the matrix, but there are probably also throwback scopes out there that still purely depend on regular optics) by first spending a minor action to line up the shot through your scope then your AR will increase by 2 and you also deny your target from gaining a tactical advantage from having high DR.

The only advantage an optical version would have over a digital version as I can tell is that magicians that cast LOS spells needs a physical sight line to the target (and optical lenses such as binoculars count as physical line of sight while magical effects and digitized images such as thermographic goggles or digital imaging scopes or binoculars do not).
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10