NEWS

Wish List.

• 443 Replies

Adrick

« on: <09-06-10/1034:46> »
So we have the main "core" gear and rules expansion books out. 
What do we want to see next for 4th edtion.

Future past
For myself i would like to see  source book(s) for the earlier time frames. w decker rules and so forth to do legacy campaigns. Maybe an appendix with npcs from old adventures converted to 4th.  Either as its own thing or tacked on to the pdf's of the old material now available on drivethru.

future present
More books like Seattle 2072.  for hong kong, tokyo, berlin, etc.
Periodic tech and timeline advancement books. These should be rare but i like the evolving history of the world.

future future.
source book for a big jump ahead in the timeline. when the moon, mars and so forth has enough population to support runs.
along the lines of Armitage, total recall, red faction and so on.

sure not all of these can or even necessarily should be made but i can wish whatever i want :)

What do other people want to see?

MJBurrage

• Newb
  • Running shadows since 2050
« Reply #1 on: <09-06-10/1242:20> »
Shadows of Space, a book detailing all of off-world colonies and projects.  Orbital habitats, the Beanstalk, LaGrange points, Moon, Mars, etc.  Also current space tech, such as ships and weapons.  Then a chapter on high level runs in space and related low or mid level runs on Earth.

FastJack

• Administrator
  • Prime Runner
  • Kids these days...
« Reply #2 on: <09-06-10/1319:27> »
Updates on some of the southern hemisphere. Australia, south-South America, Antarctica.

Grinder

• Newb
« Reply #3 on: <09-06-10/1341:59> »
Yeah, Southern Madness would be cool!

Casazil

• Omae
  • There can be only one!
« Reply #4 on: <09-06-10/1806:12> »
Heh Rigger 4 (oh wait everytime an actuall book called rigger is made the game line implodes)

More adventures would be nice.

More Magic (adept powers, mentors, spells, yada yada).

More tech (love the gene and nano ideas)

"If at first you don't succeed blame someone else"
Joel "Casazil" Rogers
Catalyst Demo Team Shadowrun Special Agent #251
http://games.groups.yahoo.com/group/CasazilsShadowrun/

Kid Chameleon

• Freelancer
  • Newb
« Reply #5 on: <09-06-10/2314:38> »
Shadows of Space, a book detailing all of off-world colonies and projects.  Orbital habitats, the Beanstalk, LaGrange points, Moon, Mars, etc.  Also current space tech, such as ships and weapons.  Then a chapter on high level runs in space and related low or mid level runs on Earth.

Very cool sounding idea, I just wonder if it would be of little real use to most folks.

kinderkrieg

• Newb
« Reply #6 on: <09-07-10/0258:26> »

Very cool sounding idea, I just wonder if it would be of little real use to most folks.

I second this, there's a lot of alluding to space and references in the new material i've read, however there aren't any specific rules for space or space travel, the affects (or lack there of) of magic and so on. I've been talking to a friend of mine that swears that space was very, very bad (due to runs he made in an old group in the 3rd or 2nd ed. eras) and now it seems more plausible and easier to travel up there so i'd like to see more about it. (I really wanna send my group into a station during some point during our game)

Casazil

• Omae
  • There can be only one!
« Reply #7 on: <09-07-10/0608:22> »
Space.....the final frontier.......Oh crap thats something else I collect!! :P

Space in Shadowrun has one main issues to Magic types it's IF i remember right a Negitive 10 mana void.
Joel "Casazil" Rogers

The_Gun_Nut

• Ace Runner
« Reply #8 on: <09-07-10/0628:24> »
I think it's a 10 mana void because they don't make an 11+ rating.

Space is pretty hostile.  I'm wondering how the Horrors overcame that in Equinox.
There is no overkill.

Only "Open fire" and "I need to reload."

Casazil

• Omae
  • There can be only one!
« Reply #9 on: <09-07-10/0630:44> »
that could be.

As for how to overcome it populate space with alot of people mana is in theory given off from living things.
Joel "Casazil" Rogers

The_Gun_Nut

• Ace Runner
« Reply #10 on: <09-07-10/0633:29> »
I don't think it is given off as much as stabilized by living beings.  Spirits don't do it, they are much more vulnerable to mana eddies and flows than meat bodies are.  As are corrupted meat bodies:  they can't handle the changes in mana because their form depends on it now.

Would they have to restrain themselves and find a bunch of non-corrupted beings?  Hmmm...
There is no overkill.

Only "Open fire" and "I need to reload."

Mooncrow

• Chummer
« Reply #11 on: <09-07-10/0700:50> »
There are habitats that they've filled with plants in order to get enough background magic to cast.  At least, that's the story^^

Doc Chaos

• Omae
  • Bavarian Mr. Johnson
« Reply #12 on: <09-07-10/0832:10> »
So we have the main "core" gear and rules expansion books out. 
What do we want to see next for 4th edtion.

*snip*

What do other people want to see?

A sourcebook which kills all Immortal Elves and the associated magical threat plots on its last page, so we can drop this stuff for good and focus on what made Shadowrun a great setting...
SR4A Limited Edition [german] - 0478/1100

Mooncrow

• Chummer
« Reply #13 on: <09-07-10/0905:52> »
focus on what made Shadowrun a great setting...

The blend of high technology and magic?  :p  Not that I really want to get into an argument, but magic is simply too entwined in the setting to remove it without making it a completely different game.

FastJack

• Administrator
  • Prime Runner
  • Kids these days...
« Reply #14 on: <09-07-10/0913:52> »
<snip> making it a completely different game.
... called Cyberpunk.