NEWS

DarkLloyd's Thread of Shadowrun themed stuff

• 821 Replies

DarkLloyd

• Ace Runner
  • Stupidity this Good takes TEAMWORK.
« Reply #135 on: <10-08-12/0846:49> »
This has probably been posted before, but http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gcsd6mJ3R08

Not to my knowledge. Thank you that was really really good.

I'd like to see a theme like this pop up in SR.
Runing the shadows since '90
If you can't Dazzle them with STYLE, Riddle them with BULLETS.
"Sometimes we do the right thing.  Sometimes we shoot people in the face for money."-CanRay
"Sometimes those are the same thing."-Mirikon

Missions Characters:
ChromeMonger - Sam
Blanco Diablo - Adept

DarkLloyd

• Ace Runner
« Reply #136 on: <10-10-12/1523:12> »
Info on living on the street, and how to get by. Good RP background research and hell just good to know in case something ever happens to you and you need to be off the grid.

no one else to stay with.
"Sometimes we do the right thing.  Sometimes we shoot people in the face for money."-CanRay

Missions Characters:
ChromeMonger - Sam
Blanco Diablo - Adept

Crimsondude

• Freelancer
  • Prime Runner
« Reply #137 on: <10-11-12/1248:13> »
So has anyone else seen the trailers for Wreck-It Ralph and thought that would make a good AI-themed Matrix adventure or alternatively a batshit metaplanar quest?

CanRay

• Freelancer
  • Mr. Johnson
  • Spouter of Random Words
« Reply #138 on: <10-11-12/1453:52> »
So has anyone else seen the trailers for Wreck-It Ralph and thought that would make a good AI-themed Matrix adventure or alternatively a batshit metaplanar quest?
I'm no longer allowed to do things like that.  :(
Si vis pacem, para bellum

#ThisTaserGoesTo11

DarkLloyd

• Ace Runner
« Reply #139 on: <10-16-12/1038:56> »
Something to include in your Safehouse to reduce food costs. Or get a few and do this in the barrens and make a crap load of cash selling to barrens goers.

Agri-Cube

Missions Characters:
ChromeMonger - Sam
Blanco Diablo - Adept

JustADude

• Prime Runner
  • Madness? This! Is! A FORUM!
« Reply #140 on: <10-16-12/1638:30> »
Something to include in your Safehouse to reduce food costs. Or get a few and do this in the barrens and make a crap load of cash selling to barrens goers.

Agri-Cube

Kinda figured there'd be something like that floating around in Shadowrun. Nice to see it's showing up so "early". ;)
“What is right is not always popular and what is popular is not always right.”
― Albert Einstein

"Being average just means that half of everyone you meet is better than you."
― Me

DarkLloyd

• Ace Runner
« Reply #141 on: <10-17-12/1357:30> »
Updated the front page. Added links to new episodes of Sync and Drone. Check'em out.

Missions Characters:
ChromeMonger - Sam
Blanco Diablo - Adept

DarkLloyd

• Ace Runner
« Reply #142 on: <10-22-12/1816:11> »
Mike Pondsmith is working with CD Projekt Red to create a Sandbox Cyberpunk 2077 game. (from TheWanderingJewels)

Cyberpunk 2077

Missions Characters:
ChromeMonger - Sam
Blanco Diablo - Adept

DarkLloyd

• Ace Runner
« Reply #143 on: <10-22-12/2045:26> »
The future of robotic warfare. (from Scihr)

Innovators: the Future of Robotic Warfare Part 1, Part 2, Part 3, Part 4.

Don't know about you guys, but "all Machine" warfare scares the hell outta me.

Missions Characters:
ChromeMonger - Sam
Blanco Diablo - Adept

CanRay

• Freelancer
  • Mr. Johnson
  • Spouter of Random Words
« Reply #144 on: <10-22-12/2107:03> »
Isn't the latest "plot" for Call of Duty:  Black Ops II supposed to be governments having an "All Drone" military, and then "someone steals the keys for it"?
Si vis pacem, para bellum

#ThisTaserGoesTo11

DarkLloyd

• Ace Runner
« Reply #145 on: <10-22-12/2143:27> »
Isn't the latest "plot" for Call of Duty:  Black Ops II supposed to be governments having an "All Drone" military, and then "someone steals the keys for it"?

No idea. I don't do FPS's. But the threat of warfare losing it's human cost and only being about what we can afford to throw at people is scary. The only real reason countries don't just go to war to solve all their problems is the cost in lives,and the inevitable outrage of their citizens from that cost. If you take that brake away, what is to get in the way of unending warfare, and hyper-increasing military budgets to fuel them?

Missions Characters:
ChromeMonger - Sam
Blanco Diablo - Adept

Mirikon

• Prime Runner
  • "Everybody lies." --House
« Reply #146 on: <10-22-12/2203:59> »

No idea. I don't do FPS's. But the threat of warfare losing it's human cost and only being about what we can afford to throw at people is scary. The only real reason countries don't just go to war to solve all their problems is the cost in lives,and the inevitable outrage of their citizens from that cost. If you take that brake away, what is to get in the way of unending warfare, and hyper-increasing military budgets to fuel them?
As I recall, there was an episode of Star Trek (original series) called A Taste of Armageddon, where a civilization had given all its warmaking over to a computer, which ran simulations and then called for individuals to die. The Enterprise was visiting the system, and the crew was declared to have been killed in the war. Kirk and Co. naturally were not inclined to meekly go off to die, and in the end they blew up the computer, basically saying "Fight your wars yourself."
Greataxe - Apply directly to source of problem, repeat as needed.

My Characters

DarkLloyd

• Ace Runner
« Reply #147 on: <10-23-12/0025:43> »

As I recall, there was an episode of Star Trek (original series) called A Taste of Armageddon, where a civilization had given all its warmaking over to a computer, which ran simulations and then called for individuals to die. The Enterprise was visiting the system, and the crew was declared to have been killed in the war. Kirk and Co. naturally were not inclined to meekly go off to die, and in the end they blew up the computer, basically saying "Fight your wars yourself."

Which btw was one of the childhood influences that helped me form this opinion.
« Last Edit: <10-24-12/0809:41> by DarkLloyd »

Missions Characters:
ChromeMonger - Sam
Blanco Diablo - Adept

Sichr

• Prime Runner
  • TOTÁLNÍ FAŠÍRKA ZMRDI !!!
« Reply #148 on: <10-23-12/1240:58> »
I get you meant "Form" :)
Any Idea what was the title of this episode?

Cranstonvm

• Chummer
  • Dragons everywhere!!!
« Reply #149 on: <10-30-12/2350:15> »
Mike Pondsmith is working with CD Projekt Red to create a Sandbox Cyberpunk 2077 game. (from TheWanderingJewels)

Cyberpunk 2077

Cyberpunk is being updated? I mean the pen and paper game.
Do not meddle in the affairs of Dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.

International Dieselpunk day November 12th http://www.dieselpunks.org/ for more information!