NEWS

Shadowrun Missions Season 5 FAQ v0.99

• 57 Replies

Michael Chandra

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Prime Runner
  • Question-slicing ninja
« Reply #30 on: <08-05-13/0355:56> »
Missions IS a low-powered campaign after all, so that people jumping fresh in after a while don't instantly get wiped out. But yeah, availability 16~19 is always going to cost at least 50% extra, while Availability 20 costs 150% extra assuming you have a 5/4 Contact. Loyalty tended not to go past 4 in the past after all.

UNLESS. The Faction Rep included getting an item at a discount before. Maybe if these benefits could also include access to a higher Availability, perhaps +FactionRep? That way, if you suck up to the right corp employee enough, you'll be able to get the nice toys after a while?

I agree there's a bit of a gap where a few toys are now impossible to get unless you pay a LOT extra, and most of those are already expensive enough to require saving up 3+ missions in a row, without paying extra. There's space for amending that though.
How am I not part of the forum?? O_O I am both active and angry!

Bull

• Ace Runner
  • Crotchety Old Ork Decker
« Reply #31 on: <08-05-13/0629:50> »
Hey.  I gave you guys Cash for Karma against my better judgement, what more do you want? :)

Michael Chandra

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Prime Runner
  • Question-slicing ninja
« Reply #32 on: <08-05-13/0646:28> »
Being able to use an Intuition-Tradition and being able to spend more than 7 karma on the Season 5 Contacts, so that we can use Connection-4 contacts to access Availability 12~15 items. :)

I don't really like the Connection-5 contacts so I'd prefer the armorer at 4/4 for my APDS. ^_^ And at Charisma 5, I'd otherwise have to let 1 karma go to waste since low-karma contacts are worthless here. =P
« Last Edit: <08-05-13/0648:15> by Michael Chandra »

samiam

• Newb
« Reply #33 on: <08-05-13/1421:18> »
Sooo...does this mean there will be Shadowrun and/or Catalyst Game Labs shirts available to agents?  It seems a bit wonky to advertise this and then not have the agents in shirts, me thinks.     ;D

Agents should be getting shirts, but that's not my area.  You need to talk with Ray and Southpaw about that, but I know they have some plans for the current Agents at least.
Sweet...I'll keep my eyes peels.

Otherwise, I'll just have to stick to my Critical Glitch swag.   8)

Do you have some Crit glitch Swag?  Tinner is currently GMing for me, so he'll be geeked if you do have some.

I do...I have my CritGlitch tee on right now, actually.  Gotta love working for a megacorp with a pretty much anything goes dress code.   8)  I have a ball cap also.

FastJack

• Administrator
  • Prime Runner
  • Kids these days...
« Reply #34 on: <08-05-13/1448:20> »
BTW, Bull (and everyone else), I noticed you put the old link to the forums in the FAQ. The new forums address is http://forums.shadowruntabletop.com/. The old address redirects to the new one, but thought I'd toss it out there to let you (and anyone else using the link) know.

Bull

• Ace Runner
  • Crotchety Old Ork Decker
« Reply #35 on: <08-05-13/2056:47> »
yeah, that'll need fixed when we make it all pretty.  Shows you how long that file was waiting on approval. :)

As for Contacts, no, 7 is your limit, sorry.  keep in mind you'll build up loyalty as you play, so you'll be able to get that stuff before too long.  be patient, give yourselves goals to work toward :)

Also I have no idea about Intuition traditions.  there may not even BE any.  But I don't know if we'll be allowing retcons for that.  But it'll be something to revist when that book comes out.  For now, work under the assumption that we're going with "no".

Michael Chandra

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Prime Runner
  • Question-slicing ninja
« Reply #36 on: <08-06-13/0414:05> »
Ah, shame, there goes my Intuition-Mystic Adept build. ^_^ Ahwell, 15 drain, 18+4d6 initiative and 19 dodge was too good anyway. (Assuming 5 karma per PP.)

Alright, so the missions contacts cannot be taken past 7 karma at chargen. Thanks for the ruling. :)

Spectral Force

• Newb
« Reply #37 on: <08-12-13/1539:05> »
If you offer Season 4 missions now, do those get GM rewards, or only with Sprawl Wilds?

It's only for Season 5, so the Sprawl Wilds ones only count if you're using them for SR5 and Season 5, since it's something new we did. 

[/quote]

I am going to be running the new SRM 5e when they are available, I am going to start with the Wild Sprawls.  What are these GM rewards mentioned in the quote above?

Michael Chandra

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Prime Runner
  • Question-slicing ninja
« Reply #38 on: <08-12-13/1550:07> »
Basically, the GM gets rewards for their own character as well. The rules for that are in the FAQ.

lurkeroutthere

• Omae
« Reply #39 on: <08-23-13/1827:47> »
Crossposting as the other thread was a little long in the tooth

So i had a chance to read the current faq, two points struck me as odd.

You may not take more than four weeks off between shadowruns After all, you need to keep your name out there. Runners that stay hidden too long run the risk of being forgotten, and your fixer will stop calling if you ignore him too often.
I guess my immediate thought is, why? What's the point in running a living campaign that we don't really audit peoples paperwork anyway and then being so hostile to character advancement. "Congratulations, you saved up X runs worth of karma to raise one of your stats above a 4 or your skills above a 5. Now you've got the money and wherewithal to support yourself while you pump iron, hit the range, or do eye spy, but your fixer will stop calling you if you pass over a magical threshold of 4 weeks without blowing something up. Enjoy waiting another run for your advancement."
It just seems counter to any kind of good sense.

f you go looking for a piece of gear, use the standard Availability Test rules (p. 418,
SR5) and mark off the appropriate amount of time on your Missions Calendar. Note that you can only search for one item at a time, as this represents you physically
going out and looking for the item, spending time making phone calls, talking with people, buying them drinks, etc

This actually runs quite counter to the rules on p.418. Shadowrun has moved into the telephone ordering economy, someone no longer has to spend weeks pounding pavement to find gear, and thank sweet D's ghost for that. The timeframe is now the time to deliver not the time to find.
"And if the options are "talk to him like a grown up" versus "LOLOLOL murder him in his face until he doesn't come back," I know which suggestion I'm making." - Critias

No team I'm on has ever had a problem with group think.

Palladion

• Chummer
« Reply #40 on: <08-26-13/0108:33> »
Page 6 of the FAQ says that characters can only take standard or alphaware at character creation, but the reference indicated (SR5 451) specifically says that used 'ware is allowed. (And nothing about nanoware.) Does the FAQ need errata? Heh.

(I think the Hot Patch addresses this, but might be good to update, just in case.)
« Last Edit: <08-26-13/0110:35> by Palladion »
P A L L A D I O N

The Masked Ferret

• Chummer
  • CDT Special Agent
« Reply #41 on: <09-01-13/0647:13> »
The book is confused, and the FAQ is confused. Its par for the course.
SpeechThoughtMatrix/E-mail/TextingAstralSub-vocal

Michael Chandra

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Prime Runner
  • Question-slicing ninja
« Reply #42 on: <09-01-13/0655:14> »
Bull has stated Cyberware and Non-Cultured Bioware can be gotten Used at chargen. Here's waiting for the v1.0 FAQ.

Michael Chandra

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Prime Runner
  • Question-slicing ninja
« Reply #43 on: <09-02-13/1422:49> »
Here's a question from http://forums.shadowruntabletop.com/index.php?topic=12660.0 and a few more inspired by it.

Q: Must Quickened Spells buy hits, or can a player try to get a really good spell during a Mission and Quicken that instead?
Q: During downtime, can a player Oversummon+Overbind or Overcast+Quicken with bought hits if they can handle the drain without going unconscious?
[spoiler]Say you have 8~11 drain dice and also 20 Summoning and Binding dice after a lot of trouble, and oversummon+overbind a Spirit Force 9. The Spirit rolls 9 and 18 dice for 2 and 4 hits, you roll 5 and 5 hits. Summoning does 4-2=2P drain, no injury modifier, Binding does 8-2=6P drain, 8P drain total means still conscious. Summoning gives 3 services, Binding adds none, 4500 nuyen for 3 services.[/spoiler]
Q: During downtime, can you use a service for Aid Sorcery to boost your Spellcasting for a Quickening attempt?

wepv

• Newb
« Reply #44 on: <09-02-13/1538:18> »
Questions about how a mana barrier interacts with quickened(or non quickened) spells.

How do mana barriers define "object"?
Are spells "objects"?
If you try to walk through a mana barrier and fail your magic+cha vs barrier force x2 roll, do you simple fail to walk through as if you hit a wall? Or do you make it through, but all your spells and foci are disrupted? It is very unclear as to what actually happens if you attempt this.

Regarding astral intersections:
You drive a van through a mana barrier with five spells on you,
Do you:
A: roll spell force x 2 vs barrier force x 2 for every spell on you? If so:
What order do you roll in? If the first spell beats the barrier, the barrier drops (forever or until the end of the combat turn, depending on the barrier) do you then not roll for the other spells?
B: Roll for the person (magic + cha) vs barrier force x 2? If so, on a failure to break through are your spells disrupted AND you are unconscious? Are you just unconscious? Are you only unconscious if you were astrally perceiving but your spells are still disrupted?

Why are the rules different for being forced through a barrier and pushing your way through a barrier?