NEWS

MysAd Face opinion needed.

• 5 Replies

Pap Renvela

• Omae
« on: <03-20-17/1816:27> »
So an elven MyaAD w/CHA 8:
So far heightened concern (horrible name for it btw), commanding voice, authoritative tone[3], combat sense[1].

Would you use the last 2.5 for improved reflexes or use the spell instead.?

If going the spell route, what do you do with the 2.5pp {Combat Sense[6] crossed my mind)?

Jack_Spade

• Prime Runner
« Reply #1 on: <03-20-17/1832:28> »
That depends entirely on what you want to do with the character. Skill boost Leadership for 1.5 points come to mind, also Pain Relief is an excellent power to mitigate drain damage.
talk think matrix

To strive, to seek, to find and not to yield
Revenant Kynos Isaint Rex

FancyDerek

• Newb
« Reply #2 on: <03-20-17/1926:31> »
That depends entirely on what you want to do with the character. Skill boost Leadership for 1.5 points come to mind, also Pain Relief is an excellent power to mitigate drain damage.

For 1.5pp you get  +3 to leadership

For 2pp you can get Cool Resolve 2 and get a +2 to all social skills

Myriad

• Newb
« Reply #3 on: <03-21-17/0138:22> »
One other route I like is.. spiritual way and mentor spirit wise warrior or dragon slayer which gives leadership skill bonus.

You then use the discount for 3 cool resolve at 1.5 pp.

Drop Auth tone and get improved reflex 2 and buy a qi focus force 4.  Won't be able to bind it yet but can choose much easier after chargen or wait.  Either way cool resolve is much more universal and helps resist social.  That said the spell is fine too to keep Auth tone as well I just don't trust it after background counts.

Your spell can then be any of your usual deflect instead of more combat sense if you like.  But being extremely hard to hit is great too.
« Last Edit: <03-21-17/0143:06> by Myriad »

Pap Renvela

• Omae
« Reply #4 on: <03-21-17/2103:45> »
One other route I like is.. spiritual way and mentor spirit wise warrior or dragon slayer which gives leadership skill bonus.

You then use the discount for 3 cool resolve at 1.5 pp.

Drop Auth tone and get improved reflex 2 and buy a qi focus force 4.  Won't be able to bind it yet but can choose much easier after chargen or wait.  Either way cool resolve is much more universal and helps resist social.  That said the spell is fine too to keep Auth tone as well I just don't trust it after background counts.

Your spell can then be any of your usual deflect instead of more combat sense if you like.  But being extremely hard to hit is great too.

This cost reduction cannot be used multiple times if the power has multiple levels: the reduction applies to only one level,
SG p178

So Cool Resolve[3] would cost 2.5pp as you can only discount the first level.
If you could discount Commanding Voice in addition it might be a thought- but Commanding Voice isn't in the list.

Magician's way allows any power except Imp Reflexes so I suppose I could discount Commanding Voice, Cool Resole and Astral Perception for a total of 1.5PP
Still, 20karma to squeeze in another 1.5pp is a tad expensive.

As far as background counts that is what the Heightened Concern is for- well, for Background Counts of 3 or less.

Hobbes

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Prime Runner
« Reply #5 on: <03-22-17/1003:04> »
So, I get Mages can have a stupid high initiative value if they want one.  But you don't really need them.  First action, reckless cast Foreboding, Reckless Cast Swarm, drop prone and let the team mop up.  Hot Potato and Orgy are another fun combo. 

Just sayin.  Drop the opposing dice pools to nothing and it really doesn't matter how many actions you have or don't have.