Shadowrun Play > Rules and such

Impaired Attributes & "1 at max"

(1/1)

ammulder:
If you're a starting human with Impaired Strength 3 (I know, who would do that?) and you have, say, a Charisma of 6...  can you have a Strength of 3 (because 3 is lower than the "maximum for the selected metatype"), or can you only have a Strength of 2, because Charisma is maxed and the "maximum for [Strength] decreased" to 3 and you can only have one attribute at its max?

I guess I'm wondering if "for the selected metatype" is significant wording... :)

Stainless Steel Devil Rat:
If you lower your max Strength to 3 and then have Strength at 3, yes that's your 1 attribute allowed to be at racial maximum.

Xenon:

--- Quote from: ammulder on ---... or can you only have a Strength of 2, because Charisma is maxed and the "maximum for [Strength] decreased" to 3 and you can only have one attribute at its max?
--- End quote ---
This.

--- Quote from: ammulder on ---I guess I'm wondering if "for the selected metatype" is significant wording... :)
--- End quote ---
The selected metatype is still important.
For example, a Dwarf with Impaired Strength 3 that have Charisma 6 would be allowed to get Strength 3 during chargen.

Also, note that a Human with Impaired Strength 3 and Exceptional Charisma that have Charisma 6 would also be allowed to get Strength 3 during chargen.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version