NEWS

encephalon question.

• 4 Replies

« on: <09-07-10/2358:49> »
Augmentation, pg 36

"A Rating 1 encephalon applies a +1 dice pool bonus to all Active Skill Tests using skills linked to Logic (the bonus does not apply to Logic-linked Knowledge skills). This bonus applies to Matrix tests when using these skills as well. A Rating 2 encephalon provides the same bonus and provides an additional +1 dice pool modifier to skill tests using skills from the Cracking and Electronics skill groups when using augmented or virtual reality."

Does that mean the rating 2 encephalon provides a +1 dice pool bonus to all Active Skill Tests using skills linked to Logic or +2 dice pool bonus to all Active Skill Tests using skills linked to Logic? (Feel free to include game balance based on price in your answer. When I look at price/essence/etc. I find interpretation 1 a bit of a rip off and interpretation 2 incredibly good.)

FastJack

• Administrator
  • Prime Runner
  • Kids these days...
« Reply #1 on: <09-08-10/0007:16> »
I'd say the Level 2 offers the +1 bonus to all Logic Active skills and a +1 bonus to all Cracking/Electronic skills. Skills that overlap get +2 all together.

Casazil

• Omae
  • There can be only one!
« Reply #2 on: <09-08-10/0030:41> »
Yes it's +2
"If at first you don't succeed blame someone else"
Joel "Casazil" Rogers
Catalyst Demo Team Shadowrun Special Agent #251
http://games.groups.yahoo.com/group/CasazilsShadowrun/

FastJack

• Administrator
  • Prime Runner
  • Kids these days...

Casazil

• Omae
  • There can be only one!
« Reply #4 on: <09-08-10/1639:36> »
I don't see what is so hard for people to get it say level 1 give you +1 and if you have a level 2 add +1 to these 2 skill groups thats it.
"If at first you don't succeed blame someone else"
Joel "Casazil" Rogers
Catalyst Demo Team Shadowrun Special Agent #251
http://games.groups.yahoo.com/group/CasazilsShadowrun/