NEWS

[SRA IC] Depths of Anarchy [2075 Game Thread]

• 136 Replies

adamu

« Reply #15 on: <11-15-16/1720:09> »
Al waved the newcomer a peace sign. "Well met, masked kemo sabe. Some people say never trust a feller hides his face. But ol' Al ain't never said that. Reckon maybe yer a superhero or somethin', gotta pertect yer secret identity. An' I like yer friends. Ya think ya could dial up the resolution on the tasty bits, though? I mean, ain't like they mind, am I right? An' Gardner here's got way too much Venlar on ta be much use as eye-candy."

Mercy Merchant

• Prime Runner
« Reply #16 on: <11-15-16/2211:27> »
Steel ignores the jibes made at his expense by the Elf; after all, he is used to such from people that just do not understand.  He simply shakes his head; it not being his responsibility to push his philosophy on others, and continues to listen to the others speak..  At a break in the conversation, he interjects, "I will need my swords for this and would welcome any ideas as to how to get them into the club without arousing the ire of their security personnel."
"Speech"  *Thought*  <Matrix>

gilga

• Prime Runner
« Reply #17 on: <11-15-16/2358:44> »
ICE raised his mask, exposing an ageless child like face with sad eyes. He was small for an elf and not much bigger than a dwarf and without the assault rifle and his stun baton, he could pass out for a child.

He approaches Al, "The mask is for me, makes it easier to access my mojo" He then lowers it again, and then adds "They are like they are for reasons I do not control. "Tiffany looked at Al and said "I am sorry that my physical appearance is not to your liking." due to her limited knowledge about social interactions it was impossible to understand if she was cynical sincere or just polite. Her expression remained as neutral as ICE's maks.

Monica just watched the room with curiosity, shyly, and then looked back at ICE, walking behind him as if trying to hide behind him. She was so much taller than the man and it seemed a bit funny. "You can go, I do not want to make you uncomfortable." ICE said.
And monica faded out. "She is still here, she is just shy around other people." he explained.

He looked at the troll and asked "Can't wait to use this babies heh? - what is it this time?"

adamu

« Reply #18 on: <11-16-16/0522:43> »
"Reckon ya misunderstood me, hon," Al replied to the spirit. "Ears or not, yer very much ta ol' Al's likin'. 'Nuff that I'd like ta see more, 's all I was sayin'."

He figured the zen giant was likely above such interests, but he turned and gave a lecherous wink to the wise-ass keeb and the South Asian halfer. "You fellers know what ol' Al's on about."

Jack_Spade

• Prime Runner
« Reply #19 on: <11-16-16/0538:25> »
Kynos shrugged at suggestion:
"I see what you mean, but personally, I've grown out of the habit of getting distracted by a pair of titties - no matter how shapely.
Having been married can do that to you - or maybe it's because they never reconnected the appropriate glands during one of the OPs. Doesn't matter. I've done my share of increasing the world's population. Nowadays I'm strictly in the business of reducing it.

In any case: Don't know, don't care. As long as the twins can ventilate a fleshform bug spirit's brainpan adequately they can take whatever form they damn well please. 

By the way: Impressive portfolio, ICE. Do you incidentally have a trick up your sleeve to make us inconspicious at a night club?"
talk think matrix

To strive, to seek, to find and not to yield
Revenant Kynos Isaint Rex

gilga

• Prime Runner
« Reply #20 on: <11-16-16/1507:09> »
ICE said "Oldest trick in the book, my assault rifle goes into a guitar case, and the more eccentric we look the better - if anyone asks you are with the band...  People will believe anything and the odder it look the more believable it is. Part of the entertainment, my spiritual friends somehow came dressed for parties and I bet that more eyes are going to be on them than on you."

Beta

• Ace Runner
  • SR1 player, SR5 GM@FtF & player@PbP
« Reply #21 on: <11-16-16/1526:05> »
Vish smiled at the troll and said "Oh, I LIKE you!  When this is done, please let us talk about souls and earthly rewards and such things."  Whether or not the troll was sincere in his professed belief, he was just the sort that could be used to put a good spiritual face on a religious institution which had more material concerns.

Turning to the ragged man, he switched topics "Certainly I know what you mean, but I would prefer to avoid such distractions of the flesh for now."  Then, because he inexplicably liked the ragged man he added "Besides, between elf proportions and the floating action, it all goes over my head anyway -- I prefer short humans with their feet on the ground, lines things up so that ..." he gives himself a shake, smiles a bit, and admits "I'm not immune to the distractions of the material world, which is why I prefer to just avoid them sometimes."

As for the summoner of the spirits ... Vish gave the masked man a curt nod, and made no effort to hide that he was looking at the man's aura -- so much more personal than a face.  The man's flip approach to his spirits grated, but Vish wasn't sure how much of that was jealousy that the coarse man could summon and control two spirits, and that he could coaxe the spirits to take on such pleasing forms.  Vish really felt he should say something to the man, but he was at something of a loss for words.

Instead, he addressed the group more broadly.  "Seems to me that we want to have the club manager either on our side or out of action, so nobody is trying to fight us for control of what is going on.  Plus the manager's office probably has surveillance feeds from the club, and would be somewhere to cache gear and for me -- and possibly our late-comer -- to cache our bodies while our spirits keep watch in the immaterial world.

He is feeling better already as he puts this vague plan into words.  This was something they had done many times in the old days -- replace the source of authority and you could sometimes work wonders.  "If we take the office, by charm or coercion, then I think we can gain something of the home field advantage."  Turning to the military commander, he asked "Do you have any official looking papwerwork we could wave around in an intimidating manner, should we need to do so?  I'd rather actual paper, not AROs, since it is easier to keep people from actually getting to read what it says."

Jack_Spade

• Prime Runner
« Reply #22 on: <11-18-16/0427:05> »
[Wednesday March 6th, 2075; Staging Post Alpha7, Briefing Room, Tacoma, Seattle]

Dern spoke again: "Alright, since all of you are going to participate, it's time for the actual plan:
You are Beta Team and will arrive first to scout out the location, note all potential threats and integrate in the club scene. Once you are done with that you give us a sit-rep.

Phase two: Alpha Team infiltrates the club through the delivery elevator. The access to the hive is supposedly in a cellar storage room. It will be your job to make sure that we aren't disturbed during that time by anyone of the club employees trying to fetch more alcohol up.

The cellar access is at the end of the corridor where the bathrooms are. Be subtle about it and if you can't stop them, give us at least a warning.
If you want, we can depo part of your gear in the cellar for you. Or you can use the toilet window or any other trick you know to get your gear in.

The club has no sensor based entrance guard, but there are always two bouncers on duty with three or four more on duty within the club. Most of them are of the Homo Robustus persuasion and have a criminal record for assault and battery charges.

Don't fuck this up or we'll have a panic or worse a bug break out on our hands.

Alpha Team arrives at 2130 hours, so we don't arrive while they have to constantly bring up booze for the crowd. Your scouting should be done by then.

Naturally, you arrive with your own vehicles.

Any more questions? Otherwise you are free to go and prepare. And remember the people of Seattle are counting on you!"

talk think matrix

adamu

« Reply #23 on: <11-18-16/0733:53> »
Figuring class was dismissed (he couldn't imagine any more questions - job: manage the hippies, let Firewatch kill bugs), Al looked around at the four strangers to see about bumming a ride....

"Anyone got an extra seat? If'n y'all got errands ta run, that's cool, but ol' Al's ready ta hit the club as is.," he said, hitching up his faded, oversized khaki fatigue trousers, zipping his bomber jacket up over his yellowish-white T-shirt, and shouldering his Defiance T-250 shotgun.

Before anyone could answer him, though, he launched into a near-catastrophic fit of wet coughs that ended with him shoving Gardner out of the way and emptying his throat of a huge wad of green-tinged slime into the room's wastebasket.

gilga

• Prime Runner
« Reply #24 on: <11-18-16/1313:01> »
ICE said "... I have an ice cream truck, there is plenty of room if you want to join us."

adamu

« Reply #25 on: <11-18-16/1335:06> »
"An ice cream truck? Well hot damn,  kemo sabe, don't that jist suit ya? Okay, okay, baby, where do I git in line?  Ain't nothin' like a triple soychoc swirl to fortify a feller fer a hard night o' demon slayin'!"
« Last Edit: <11-18-16/1339:06> by adamu »

Beta

• Ace Runner
  • SR1 player, SR5 GM@FtF & player@PbP
« Reply #26 on: <11-18-16/1745:51> »
Vish sat open-mouthed for a moment, gob-smacked by the brilliance of it.  Finally "An Ice-Cream truck?  Not a trick to use once anyone has caught on, but brilliant until then!  I've got a pick-up truck if we need something less attention catching too."

His brows crinkled at a sudden thought "It really does serve ice-cream, right?  Might help draw attention away from anything else going on, like a Firewatch team pulling up to the back door."

Jack_Spade

• Prime Runner
« Reply #27 on: <11-19-16/0552:05> »
Kynos shrugged: "I've only a Yamaha dirt bike, so it's a good thing that the rest of you can snuggle in the freezer truck. But I'm likewise here with my go-bag, so I'll take you up on the offer to stash my gear in the cellar.  Been a while since I had fun at a club, but I think I can still manage the robot dance.

So see you there."
He removed a taser from his bag, kicked it over to the captain, nodded to Alpha and Beta Team and got up to leave the room.

There was no doubt in his mind that he was heading towards an almighty cluster fuck, but the ride would surely be fantastic.
On his way to the club, Kynos stopped at a Stuffer Shack and bought some essentials: A role of duct tape, a small can bottle of industrial lubrication oil and a fancy cigarette lighter - just everything you needed for improvised nastiness and sabotage.

talk think matrix

gilga

• Prime Runner
« Reply #28 on: <11-19-16/0903:31> »
ICE looked at vish and then said "Well technically it is a dessert bar - but we mostly sell ice cream. There is a spare freezer if you need to deliver a body.  I think that in a car chase we should use the pikcup -  but people like ice cream - so we have a valid reason to park the car near the club, or to smuggle items in ice cream boxes. "

Looking around he asks "So I take Al, anyone else is riding with me?"

Mercy Merchant

• Prime Runner
« Reply #29 on: <11-19-16/0915:25> »
Steel listens to the banter between his erstwhile companions and sighs.  It is clear that, although they are likely deadly and effective, they are not one with their souls.  "Even the enlightened can appreciate the beauties of the female form and enjoy the sensual tension and release of a conjoined relationship.  Everything we do affects our souls and I am available to show any of you how to connect more fully to yours, but only if you are interested.  I do not force my way upon others.  I do, however, separate souls from physical bodies on a regular basis and will accept this task as a means to improve my spiritual connection."

"I have my own transportation and will use it.  Thank you for the offer, but I do not believe that I would fit into an ice cream truck, unless it is larger than normal.  I am not even sure if my swords will fit into your instrument case as they are quite large, as befits my own size.  I think that my role might be to ward the cellar to prevent interruptions.  In that case, could I get someone to open the rear entrance for me so that I do not have to walk through the club?  Or is there a better idea here?"
"Speech"  *Thought*  <Matrix>