NEWS

[OOC] New Beginnings DUSK

• 445 Replies

HydroRaven

• Prime Runner
« Reply #195 on: <10-21-16/0253:04> »
That's not how your post read. Regardless, what bar is just going to let you walk out with their glasses and double fisting drinks?

A bar in a third-world country perhaps?
Self thought
Speech
Matrix

Necrogigas

• Ace Runner
« Reply #196 on: <10-21-16/0259:25> »
That's not how your post read. Regardless, what bar is just going to let you walk out with their glasses and double fisting drinks?
A bar in a third-world country perhaps?
You mean a bar that has less money to replace those glasses with, and located in a place where such items cost many times what they do in the First World?
"Speech" *Thought* <Matrix> ~Astral~

Characters

Mercy Merchant

• Prime Runner
« Reply #197 on: <10-21-16/0300:50> »
I did say plastic cups.  I was going for the friendly touch and buying you a drink, but have it your way.  I will edit the post.  But a question to you...............why are you trying hard to be unfriendly?

Edited the post.
« Last Edit: <10-21-16/0303:57> by Mercy Merchant »
"Speech"  *Thought*  <Matrix>

Necrogigas

• Ace Runner
« Reply #198 on: <10-21-16/0307:14> »
Why are you trying hard to be unfriendly?
How is pointing out that Snow can't buy liquor at a burger joint or walk out of a bar with drinks in hand unfriendly?
« Last Edit: <10-21-16/0319:30> by Necrogigas »

Characters

HydroRaven

• Prime Runner
« Reply #199 on: <10-21-16/0436:51> »
I would argue that if our characters are allowed to walk around the airport withs ome weapons on themselves (which is what I think is going on right now), then it wouldn't be a stretch of the imagination to have some booze in a paper cup outside bar limits. But I will leave it up to you guys, this is your part of the story :)
Self thought
Speech
Matrix

Necrogigas

• Ace Runner
« Reply #200 on: <10-21-16/0440:21> »
I thought out stuff was on the private jet we came in on until it was time to transfer over. I don't care how shitty a part of the world you're in, weapons would never be allowed in an airport without some rather stupendous bribes.

Characters

Crossbow

• Prime Runner
« Reply #201 on: <10-21-16/0450:08> »
Wish we had world traveler farothel to speak on this, but I think I have seen enough to say that yes to walking around a small airport with liquor is not going to cause a stir, no, the guns are still with your luggage.

Necro, I think Mercy was commenting on your being a bit harsh in your commentary OOC, but then I have been a primary target for it, so I know what I have seen.

Necrogigas

• Ace Runner
« Reply #202 on: <10-21-16/0513:46> »
Why are you trying hard to be unfriendly?
How is pointing out that Snow can't buy liquor at a burger joint or walk out of a bar with drinks in hand unfriendly?
Necro, I think Mercy was commenting on your being a bit harsh in your commentary OOC, but then I have been a primary target for it, so I know what I have seen.

If that's the case, then I'm not even trying, hard or otherwise. I fail to see how my last few posts addressed to Mercy can be construed as harsh. The most forceful thing I said was "It isn't" in reference to the burger joint being a bar. "What kind of bar" was a genuine question, asked in genuine confusion.

Irregardless of all that, Mercy, what have I ever posted, through either the len of Con or Necro, that gave you the impression that I'm a friendly person? Unless I'm on the clock, I say things as they form in my mind. I can't find it in me to wring my hands worrying if what I say will hurt someone's feelings.
« Last Edit: <10-21-16/0607:43> by Necrogigas »

Characters

HydroRaven

• Prime Runner
« Reply #203 on: <10-21-16/0523:37> »
I won't tell you how to live your life, but I don't think you will find this philosophy in Carnegie's book ;)

And if you don't "wring your hands worrying if what you say will hurt someone's feelings", it probably means that everyone else around you has to double their hand wringing in order to make things work. Just food for thought :)
« Last Edit: <10-21-16/0526:05> by HydroRaven »
Self thought
Speech
Matrix

Necrogigas

• Ace Runner
« Reply #204 on: <10-21-16/0537:43> »
I won't tell you how to live your life, but I don't think you will find this philosophy in Carnegie's book ;)

And if you don't "wring your hands worrying if what you say will hurt someone's feelings", it probably means that everyone else around you has to double their hand wringing in order to make things work. Just food for thought :)

Don't get me wrong, in general I don't go out of my way to hurt the feelings of others, nor is really ever my intent. If it happens accidentally though, I couldn't give less of a fuck. If I self-edited everything I said to the point of making it completely inoffensive to everyone, I'd save my time and energy by never speaking. Most people aren't worth wasting the energy on anyway, and those that are, aren't so thinned skinned that a few incidental words would bother them.
« Last Edit: <10-21-16/0555:43> by Necrogigas »

Characters

HydroRaven

• Prime Runner
« Reply #205 on: <10-21-16/0627:27> »
Most people aren't worth wasting the energy on anyway, and those that are, aren't so thinned skinned that a few incidental words would bother them.

All I am saying is that in a social game (which Shadowrun is, especially on Internet boards), it wouldn't hurt not to call other people names just because you disagree with their opinions. Making a minimum of effort not to hurt or insult people would go a long way. Not saying you did anything to MM in particular, but you have said some things to other people on here that I found rude.

But I don't want to start a witch hunt here, so can we move on and try to get along?
Self thought
Speech
Matrix

farothel

• Prime Runner
« Reply #206 on: <10-26-16/0947:30> »
Wish we had world traveler farothel to speak on this, but I think I have seen enough to say that yes to walking around a small airport with liquor is not going to cause a stir, no, the guns are still with your luggage.

I managed to find some working internet but it's slow and I'm typing On my phone which is hard.  As to the question: if you're not in a strict muslim country, nobody Will worry About some alcohol as long as you're not drunk.  Your weapons you better keep out of sight.
"Magic can turn a frog into a prince. Science can turn a frog into a Ph.D. and you still have the frog you started with." Terry Pratchett
"I will not yield to evil, unless she's cute"

Crossbow

• Prime Runner
« Reply #207 on: <11-01-16/2034:16> »
Okay, so i was giving someone else a chance to speak, but it's not a big deal.  I will move the scene along.

Lagos is not strictly Muslim, and neither is Accra, though there is a definite misogynistic and chauvinistic edge to the place, part of why Jane hired a team for the run.  That said, there are Muslim neighborhoods where the whole Sharia thing is a big deal.

Strong suggestion, if you have Feral Cities, read the section on Lagos, the player handout that Snow paraphrased is a bit of a softsell..

HydroRaven

• Prime Runner
« Reply #208 on: <11-01-16/2219:01> »
I was hoping for Torley to do the talking but no matter.
Self thought
Speech
Matrix

Thvor

• Omae
« Reply #209 on: <11-01-16/2346:11> »
Sorry, got caught up making Halloween costumes for the kids.

Crossbow, before I post, can Sam get a judge intentions on Dobiri? Is he really concerned about safety, just trying to assert dominance, looking for an extra paycheck?
Colors: Speech Thoughts Matrix Astral

Like sci-fi/fantasy? Check out my wife's books!