NEWS

[5e OOC] Tabula Rasa, Chapters II and III

• 2014 Replies

Malevolence

• Ace Runner
  • Matrix Addict
« Reply #525 on: <12-19-14/1359:55> »
I'm going to be AFK for a few hours (company Christmas party), but I'll IC when I get back with Ohanzee cursing his faith in Raven and thinking maybe he took a bigger hit to the noggin than he realized. Then he'll go from there, probably outlining the same info IC as I have mentioned OOC, taking into account anything else that comes to mind as I move Tabula Rasa to my subconscious.
Speech Thought Matrix/Text Astral

Zweiblumen

• Ace Runner
« Reply #526 on: <12-19-14/1407:44> »
@Tecumseh:  Once the Gopher is on it's way Doc is going to TraceIcon
TraceIcon Computer(5) + Intuition(4) + Ganglia(5) + VR(2) +(noise/noise cancel) 0 - Wounds = 11: 11d6t5 4 (limit 5)
With no sleaze, unlikely the 4 hits won't be good.  Then I'll keep an eye on my OS and track the car.  Hopefully I'll be able to crash it :P

Once the TraceIcon is done I'm going to switch out Stealth for BabyMonitor and reconfigure to A:4 S:5 DP:6 FW:7(8 ) BabyMonitor, SignalScrub, Encryption, Agent
Speech, Thoughts, Comm/Text, Subvocal

Tecumseh

• Prime Runner
« Reply #527 on: <12-19-14/1545:54> »
@rednblack
The Pioneer 60 doesn't have any accessories nor any wireless capabilities. In theory it won't report you if you go using it without the owner's permission. In theory, communism works.

So they good news is that it's (probably) free and available without a SIN check. The bad news is that it's not as good as the Ruger or the Remington.

I forgot to answer your other question about what kind of SIN check would be necessary. Let's roll your corporate security knowledge skill: 3 hits, pretty good.

Under normal circumstances, Ace would expect this check to be done by a rating 4 device. However, PCC is big on tech and that makes it more likely that the check will be done by a rating 5 device, both because the verification machines/procedures are less expensive here and also because the PCC is unamused by illegal weapons and is actually good about doing something about it. But the flip side of THAT is that this is Aspen. They don't expect gutterpunks in this part of the country. 99% of the customers in Aspen are going to be (non-criminal) SINners, so maybe the SIN check is a lower rating since it's going to be such a basic formality for almost everyone. That's Ace's take.

@Malevolence
Lots of good theories there. Nice job outlining things.

Sam's homemade mischief was stored in his bag of tricks. It was not loose when the team woke up.

One question though: where is the OOC knowledge from that Katsina had been using her Influence spell? Not saying if it's true or false, but I don't remember that coming up OOCly or ICly.

@Team
As a reminder, the game will be slowing down next week for the holidays. I will be driving all day tomorrow and will have limited Internet access the rest of the time. I might be on a tablet, so posts may be shorter than usual and I might be asking you to do more rules look-ups and dice rolling. I'll be visiting my in-laws, who are mostly athletically-inclined people who make suboptimal life decisions.

Malevolence

• Ace Runner
  • Matrix Addict
« Reply #528 on: <12-19-14/2015:26> »
@Tecumseh:
From here.

The Masked Woman turns her astral perception towards the dwarf as he trudges out into the snow, seeing the vibrancy in his aura and recognizing it as Awakened immediately. She sees he has Essence 6, Magic 6, and is completely unaugmented. He has a Force 2 Power Focus bound to him, which he wears around his neck. He's in fairly strong health, and his emotional state is fearful, and worried. She notices he has an astral signature on him from a health spell that has been fading for a few hours, and sees it is his own. She also sees an astral signature from a high force manipulation spell, also having had several hours to start fading away. This astral signature she recognizes as her own.

Tecumseh

• Prime Runner
« Reply #529 on: <12-19-14/2025:21> »
I didn't remember that it had been mentioned. Cool. Thanks for the reference.

Malevolence

• Ace Runner
  • Matrix Addict
« Reply #530 on: <12-19-14/2055:38> »
IC up. The separating line is to indicate discontinuity, allowing either part to be responded to without having to break the flow of either of them.

ETA: I accidentally deleted my other post asking about Katsina seeing the obelisk's aura when they awoke in the van. I was editing to note that I had found the reference IC (not the original post where Katsina actually saw it, but where Katsina mentions it prior to her response to Ohanzee's Raven induced theories).
« Last Edit: <12-19-14/2119:29> by Malevolence »

Tecumseh

• Prime Runner
« Reply #531 on: <12-19-14/2110:27> »
Yes, it was in a PM from Ryo.

Malevolence

• Ace Runner
  • Matrix Addict
« Reply #532 on: <12-20-14/1742:31> »
Basically, in IC Ohanzee is saying to hack a traffic camera or whatever is easy to get visuals. See what gear they have via Matrix Perception, but don't try marking any of their stuff.

Malevolence

• Ace Runner
  • Matrix Addict
« Reply #533 on: <12-20-14/1806:51> »
Just to make sure we are all on the same page in IC:

Of Blue team, only doc is aware of the apartment building, but not of its significance - just that Ace and Katsina were near it and there were unfriendlies, also of an unknown nature.
Blue team is not aware of the contents of the fridge
Blue team has been made aware of Ace's new funds - though only as a "change in financial situation", which could be interpreted as a for better or worse. It might be interpreted as better as he offers to help pay for stuff, but only low cost stuff.
Blue team has been made aware of the new threat that pinged Katsina's Detect Enemies spell

Red team is unaware of the exact content of Sam's conversations with the Johnson, but is aware that some communication took place that was not good
Red team is unaware of Mom and Dad in their entirety (I'm not sure on this, but I think that it is the case)

I think that other than Ohanzee, no one has shared any contact information with the team, and at that only Gloria. I think that Katsina might have mentioned her prior association with APB and Ace, but I'd have to dig to find out. Additionally, all aliases are shared I think, at least  in name, but to my knowledge, details like comm code and home addresses, etc, are not shared.

I bring these to light just to make sure that they are being intentionally hidden from certain team members and not just overlooked. It also helps clarify how we might be responding - like Doc should probably be curious as to why these people were attacking Ace and Kat and Ohanzee at the least should be asking if Ace was mugged or robbed as that seems more likely to account for a change in finances than suddenly coming into significant nuyen.

There are others I'm sure, but these were just the current and active items.

One other thing - I believe we kept APB's commlink? I think it might be time to look into that. Once it is confirmed that we do have it, I'll bring it up IC.

EDIT: Fixed team colors
« Last Edit: <12-21-14/0251:18> by Malevolence »

Ryo

• Ace Runner
« Reply #534 on: <12-20-14/1815:35> »
Red team
Blue team

Unless you guy's switched it during my absence, it sounds like you're mixing up the teams.

Red Team
Ace
APB
Katsina

Blue Team
Uncle Sam
Ohanzee
Doc
Chino

Malevolence

• Ace Runner
  • Matrix Addict
« Reply #535 on: <12-20-14/2100:30> »
That's what I had thought, but when we started the new thread a post from the old thread was referenced and the colors changed. I had it the other way in my notes, but just went with the flow and updated my notes with the new colors.

ETA: nope, I just went through this thread and it turns out I did choke it on the colors.
« Last Edit: <12-20-14/2103:05> by Malevolence »

Poindexter

• Prime Runner
  • If you lack empathy, you are worthless.
« Reply #536 on: <12-20-14/2107:39> »

Blue team is unaware of the exact content of Sam's conversations with the Johnson, but is aware that some communication took place that was not good

Sam copied and forwarded the entire contents of his commlink to everyone on blue team before we found the house last night, but after we took down the helicopter.
"speaking out loud"
<<matrix actions/communication>>
thought
astral
subvocal/whispering
non-english

rednblack

• Prime Runner
  • TECH-NO-LOGIC-KILL
« Reply #537 on: <12-20-14/2158:48> »

Blue team is unaware of the exact content of Sam's conversations with the Johnson, but is aware that some communication took place that was not good

Sam copied and forwarded the entire contents of his commlink to everyone on blue team before we found the house last night, but after we took down the helicopter.

So Ace could have taken part in the teamwork test?
Speech
Thought
Matrix/Comm
Astral
Subvocal

Zweiblumen

• Ace Runner
« Reply #538 on: <12-20-14/2215:49> »
Feels to me like we are crossing color references again.  Poindexter, can you list the people included on that list?
Speech, Thoughts, Comm/Text, Subvocal

Poindexter

• Prime Runner
  • If you lack empathy, you are worthless.
« Reply #539 on: <12-20-14/2216:16> »

So Ace could have taken part in the teamwork test?

no.
"speaking out loud"
<<matrix actions/communication>>
thought
astral
subvocal/whispering
non-english