NEWS

[5e OOC] Tabula Rasa, Chapters II and III

• 2014 Replies

rednblack

• Prime Runner
  • TECH-NO-LOGIC-KILL
« Reply #420 on: <12-15-14/1810:06> »
@rednblack
The goons outnumber you and they are physically imposing themselves so that costs you 4 dice. Remarkably that only costs you 1 hit so you're still left with 4. Nice rolling.

Charisma 3 + Willpower 2 + Liquid Courage 2 = 7 dice = 2 hits

I wasn't sure if you wanted to boost the opposing roll or tax Ace's with the negative modifiers, as I know GMs run it both ways.  Going forward, I'll include the minuses as well as the pluses.
Speech
Thought
Matrix/Comm
Astral
Subvocal

Malevolence

• Ace Runner
  • Matrix Addict
« Reply #421 on: <12-15-14/1833:57> »
@Tecumseh: He'll head to Gloria's body first then. I'm assuming that they've only been gone for less than a half hour or so thus far, so he's hoping they haven't gotten into too much trouble yet. They will be his next stop after Gloria's house though, then off to her house.

I'm adding a general Astral Perception check here as he is keeping an eye out while he flits around the Astral:
Astral Perception (general) [Intuition 4 + Assensing 4 - Wounds 1]: 7d6t5 3

Better than average - I'll take it.

I'mm adding 10 Security Tags to the list (Avail 3) to write sensitive info to as mentioned in the IC. Immunity to Tag Erasers is important.

I'll do my next IC when I have info on Gloria's body.
Speech Thought Matrix/Text Astral

Malevolence

• Ace Runner
  • Matrix Addict
« Reply #422 on: <12-15-14/1835:58> »
Oh, and the two dice to drop from the stealth check:
Drop dice from stealth check: 2d6t5 0

He keeps all of the hits.

Tecumseh

• Prime Runner
« Reply #423 on: <12-15-14/2346:23> »
I rolled starting nuyen for Sam and Ace, with sooper seekrit modifications.

Sam has ¥2,960. He has a Middle lifestyle, somewhere.

Ace finds the credstick mentioned in the IC post. He strongly suspects that he (or his cover identity - although who is to say which is which at this point) has a High lifestyle.

Zweiblumen

• Ace Runner
« Reply #424 on: <12-16-14/0155:27> »
Doc is gonna ask for a face mask along the lines of this: http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/41vZj%2B5YxkL.jpg
How out of place does his Survivalist look in Aspen?  Would that stand out like a sore thumb or blend with the outdoors look even though it's "Urban"?

@Mal Security Tags don't hold data, unless Tecumseh houserules it.  They are just location RFIDs.  As for funds, he'll need to get those to you when Ace comes back with his credstick (unless he keeps in, in which case Doc will have to owe you however much the mask costs).
Also, can you let Doc know if you want the random car stolen?  He's got the time to do it now that he found the limited info.
« Last Edit: <12-16-14/0158:20> by Zweiblumen »
Speech, Thoughts, Comm/Text, Subvocal

8-bit

« Reply #425 on: <12-16-14/0303:00> »
Been real busy today, so no IC from me.

I suppose if we should all have stuff to cover our faces, I'll ask for a Ballistic Mask with the following.

Vision Enhancement 2; Vision Magnification; Biomonitor; Gas Mask; Trodes

That will bring it up to Availability 12;1,970 nuyen cost. If necessary, I can get away with dropping Vision Enhancement and Vision Magnification, which would give it Availability 6; 720 nuyen cost.

I'll try to get started on figuring out this code (with Pointdexter) tomorrow.

Edit: Same question as Zweiblumen, but Urban Explorer Jumpsuit instead of an Ares Survivalist. Might need some less conspicuous clothes.

Malevolence

• Ace Runner
  • Matrix Addict
« Reply #426 on: <12-16-14/0331:46> »
@Zweiblumen - the decoy car was supposed to be done earlier rather than later, but better late than never. Ace and Katsina are supposed to find you a candidate while they are in town. But yes, Ohanzee does still want that done.

I'm assuming that the balaclava is roughly equivalent to a standard helmet cost and availability wise? I don't remember seeing anything like that listed in the role books for 5th so Tecumseh will have to make that call.

Lastly, according to the information in the rule book, all RFID tags have enough storage for "one or more files, but not much else".

@8-bit - I have 11 dice to roll vs the availability of 12 for that mask and Tecumseh has been rolling like a champ. I can't do an IC until tomorrow, so let me know if you want to go big or go safe (anything rating 6 or below Tecumseh will let me have without a roll).

Zweiblumen

• Ace Runner
« Reply #427 on: <12-16-14/0458:31> »
@Zweiblumen - the decoy car was supposed to be done earlier rather than later, but better late than never. Ace and Katsina are supposed to find you a candidate while they are in town. But yes, Ohanzee does still want that done.

I'm assuming that the balaclava is roughly equivalent to a standard helmet cost and availability wise? I don't remember seeing anything like that listed in the role books for 5th so Tecumseh will have to make that call.

Lastly, according to the information in the rule book, all RFID tags have enough storage for "one or more files, but not much else".

Sorry mate, just trying to do things as logically as possible. Last I read, you wanted me to hack into all of the local surveillance equipment in Aspen and follow folks until I found one that would work.  Tec pointed out that that wasn't particularly feasible, and we moved on.

As for a fancy ski mask costing as much as a helmet, I'd be amazed, but that's going to be Tec's call.  I'd guess 35-50¥

For the tags, that is RAW, so you're probably good, but the file won't be secure, just un-erasable.  I'd suggest locking the file if you can, though that might defeat the purpose if we loose our memory again and can't unlock the file 😜

8-bit

« Reply #428 on: <12-16-14/1013:33> »
@8-bit - I have 11 dice to roll vs the availability of 12 for that mask and Tecumseh has been rolling like a champ. I can't do an IC until tomorrow, so let me know if you want to go big or go safe (anything rating 6 or below Tecumseh will let me have without a roll).

Ah, good point. Might as well go safe then. Don't need the vision enhancements.

Poindexter

• Prime Runner
  • If you lack empathy, you are worthless.
« Reply #429 on: <12-16-14/1035:57> »
Sam has ¥2,960. He has a Middle lifestyle, somewhere.

is this middle lifestyle registered to Frank, Ralph, or another name?

EDIT: WHOA! I'd been so preoccupied with the content of the messages that i missed something interesting in the header!
The fake SIN Ralph is a PCC SIN. And that's the one he had all the dealings with the johnson through. SURELY that's gotta mean something.

Also, What's the most recent correspondence between Sams Comm and his other two contacts, dad and gift shop?
« Last Edit: <12-16-14/1040:07> by Poindexter »
"speaking out loud"
<<matrix actions/communication>>
thought
astral
subvocal/whispering
non-english

Tecumseh

• Prime Runner
« Reply #430 on: <12-16-14/1153:31> »
@Malevolence, as I said explicitly here, I am not concerned about continuity while the team members are engaged in their separate tasks. PbP requires a certain flexibility with timing lest you leave players inactive for long stretches of time. Please avoid comments like "supposed to be done earlier rather than later, but better late than never", which come across the wrong way, especially when the GM has said sequencing isn't important.

@8-bit, barring a glitch or a critical glitch, there's no harm in rolling for a higher Availability item. The only potential drawback is if the modifications increase the price beyond ¥1,000 then the delivery time will be extended from one day to two. But PCC does offer some good deals on electronics, so that helps keep the price down.

@Zweiblumen, there are plenty of balaclavas available at local outdoor retailers. If you just want something to cover your face - not as armor - then a cheap one will cost ¥25 and a nice one will cost ¥50. Because they cover your face and head they would offer Insulation at rating 1 or 2, respectively. If you want something armored, then we'll have to make something up. I would likely use a ballistic mask as a starting point.

@Poindexter, the middle lifestyle is registered to Frank, who is the contact of record with "Mom". There is no lifestyle listed for Ralph, who (as you point out) is the contact of record with the Johnson. Searching through your commlink history, you find no evidence that you have ever communicated with Dad. Your last communication with Gift Shop was last Saturday, January 26th. It was a short call made by Frank, lasting less than 15 seconds. You have no record of what was said.

@All, I have a report due tomorrow so I will be away from the game most of the day. Please continue to roll and post ICly and I'll resolve things later today.

Zweiblumen

• Ace Runner
« Reply #431 on: <12-16-14/1233:16> »
RE: Balaclava - I was thinking just cloth.  If we are trying not to stand out like sore thumbs I figure winter gear is better, and wouldn't have to worry about getting custom armored clothing.  Which was also part of my question on the survivalist suit.  Would it look out of place walking around downtown in that?

Zweiblumen

• Ace Runner
« Reply #432 on: <12-16-14/1242:02> »
RE: Ace's idea of hacking Zed's car - I love it!  :)  What time is it in game where you are.  I put times in my post, but can retconn it a bit to work out the flow better if I'm off.

8-bit

« Reply #433 on: <12-16-14/1250:37> »
@8-bit, barring a glitch or a critical glitch, there's no harm in rolling for a higher Availability item. The only potential drawback is if the modifications increase the price beyond ¥1,000 then the delivery time will be extended from one day to two. But PCC does offer some good deals on electronics, so that helps keep the price down.

Honestly, we have no idea how long we have to hole up here. Might as well go for the (more) guaranteed one that will deliver quickly.

This code thing is really killing me. It would be helpful if we knew what physical evidence went along with the messages, but without it, it could really mean anything. The only thing that pops out at me is that the third message had a 5 minute delay. Now, that could mean nothing, but in an established setup like this, that means something (if only that Sam asked something huge from Mom and she had to think about it). Also, the mention of "Dad wants to see you" could mean something as well, but again, I have no idea. Obviously all the other messages were trades of some sort (whether cash for guns, guns for guns, or whatever), but I have no idea how to decipher them.
« Last Edit: <12-16-14/1301:12> by 8-bit »

Tecumseh

• Prime Runner
« Reply #434 on: <12-16-14/1255:18> »
Ace has an Ares Armored Survivalist suit too. It makes you look like a hunter. Some research will indicate that you are at the very, very end of the hunting season. (Rifle Plains Elk/Deer hunting season just ended yesterday, January 31st). Wearing a Survivalist suit around town will draw attention from the fashion police but probably not the SecForce troopers, unless you're acting suspiciously.

The answer is roughly the same for the Urban Explorer Jumpsuit. It would be like wearing a tracksuit around town. Great in Jersey, but you'll get giggles from the fashion-conscious locals in Aspen. It's not necessarily suspicious from a security standpoint, unless the SecForce decides you look lower-class and asks you to broadcast your SIN to make sure you're a legitimate citizen. That would be trouble for Chino.

Zed's is the name of the dive bar where APB was seen with this guy. It's not this guy's name, but we can refer to him as Zed if it makes things easier. He confronts Ace and Katsina around 3pm.

I can't IC post for a while but when she goes astral Katsina will find Zed and Ze Orks outside waiting to jump Ace when he comes out. It's unclear which car is his, although hacking his commlink might work if he has a car slaved to it.