NEWS

[5e OOC] Tabula Rasa, Chapters II and III

• 2014 Replies

Tecumseh

• Prime Runner
« Reply #300 on: <12-08-14/2003:32> »
The difference in concentrations has not been made public knowledge yet ICly.

Malevolence, unless there's something specific you want to do before the others awake we can fast-forward so that we can get everyone involved.

Malevolence

• Ace Runner
  • Matrix Addict
« Reply #301 on: <12-08-14/2024:53> »
I am fine with that. I think I've done all I can do without the skills of other members. I'll probably spend most of the time in Astral. I do want to spend a half hour or so digging through my commlink to make sure I didn't miss anything, but mostly I'm on guard duty and getting the lay of the "land".
Speech Thought Matrix/Text Astral

rednblack

• Prime Runner
  • TECH-NO-LOGIC-KILL
« Reply #302 on: <12-08-14/2059:42> »
Parasites?  W?T?F?   :o
Speech
Thought
Matrix/Comm
Astral
Subvocal

Malevolence

• Ace Runner
  • Matrix Addict
« Reply #303 on: <12-08-14/2109:24> »
It's what I'm imagining the "presence" as. It has not been definitively identified yet.

8-bit

« Reply #304 on: <12-08-14/2344:20> »
I've been away most of the day, feel free to zoom forward a bit. I've got a dream post coming up, but that can always be a sort of flashback or something post.

rednblack

• Prime Runner
  • TECH-NO-LOGIC-KILL
« Reply #305 on: <12-08-14/2359:06> »
It's what I'm imagining the "presence" as. It has not been definitively identified yet.

Fraggin' gross, dude/tte. I think things are going to get real interesting in the morning.
Speech
Thought
Matrix/Comm
Astral
Subvocal

Tecumseh

• Prime Runner
« Reply #306 on: <12-09-14/0146:09> »
Looking around the kitchen, Ohanzee remembers that he has Artisan 2.

Separately, Ohanzee has Computer 1 for future Matrix Searching. Mal, you can roll your 2 additional dice and add them to your previous searches, if you wish.

The IC time is now around noon. Everyone but Ohanzee and Katsina has had 8-9 hours of sleep and feels much better for it. Ohanzee and Katsina have only managed 4-5 hours each but have coffee and a shower, respectively, to help make up for it.

I presume there will be a gathering in the kitchen for brunch. Katsina will try her hand at cooking again: 0 hits. Katsina can't remember (or never knew) how to fry an egg and gives up after burning several in the pan. She throws her hands up and lets someone else program the autocooker. But the scones are still good.

Malevolence

• Ace Runner
  • Matrix Addict
« Reply #307 on: <12-09-14/0324:43> »
The extra dice for the computer skill checks:
Computer Search (Styles and Long Shadow extra dice) [Computer 1 + Logic 3]: 2#2d6t5 1 1

Wow, the 50% success rate continues. That's two hits for each test.

And, just to try out my new skill:
Cooking brunch w/ coffee [Artisan 2 + Intuition 4]: 6d6t5 5
Oh. My. God.

I'll be in Vegas for the next few days, learning that I used up all my luck on these rolls.

Tecumseh

• Prime Runner
« Reply #308 on: <12-09-14/0346:50> »
Would you like to Edge your Artisan roll?

Cooking-wise, Ohanzee has achieved a critical success. Mal, you can pose pretty much whatever you want to. Ohanzee produces a breakfast fit for CEOs, presidents, and women that he seduced the night before.

I will edit my previous IC post to include the additional information for your Matrix Searching. Also I just realized I wrote "Long Shadow" twice previously instead of Long Shadow once and then Styles for the second contact.
« Last Edit: <12-09-14/0349:10> by Tecumseh »

Malevolence

• Ace Runner
  • Matrix Addict
« Reply #309 on: <12-09-14/0355:15> »
I did my IC. I suspect that Ohanzee will lead the conversation after brunch, but I'm heading to bed so it will have to wait for tomorrow.  If someone else wants to start the conversation, I'm good with that - it's going to be almost 12 hours before I have the opportunity to do my next IC.

ETA: Just to be clear, only Gloria appears to be missing at this point? There are no reports of strange activity or potential violence recently involving the other two contacts?
« Last Edit: <12-09-14/0358:31> by Malevolence »

Tecumseh

• Prime Runner
« Reply #310 on: <12-09-14/0411:56> »
Some notes:

Ohanzee has Performance 0. Not a tiny dancer.

Per my IC post, the weather is very cloudy and grey. No sunshine. This may or may not be terribly important, especially in a combat situation that may or may not occur and may or may not involve feral wendigo. Do note the weather conditions when they are mentioned, as they may affect your decision making.

Yes:
The snow stops around 10:00. The clouds are thick and the weather remains overcast, but any excursions now will leave tracks in the fresh snow.

No:
Quote from: Malevolence
With the sun streaming through the cabin windows

Everyone roll Perception when you get the chance, whichever sense is best for your character. Wireless bonuses apply. Please continue to post ICly until I mention otherwise.

Katsina: 2 hits. Still cross about the eggs, apparently.
« Last Edit: <12-09-14/0416:16> by Tecumseh »

8-bit

« Reply #311 on: <12-09-14/1112:40> »
Perception (4) + Intuition (3): 7d6t5 1 [4, 4, 2, 2, 3, 2, 5]

I guess Chino is still a bit sleepy.

Poindexter

• Prime Runner
  • If you lack empathy, you are worthless.
« Reply #312 on: <12-09-14/1122:28> »
"speaking out loud"
<<matrix actions/communication>>
thought
astral
subvocal/whispering
non-english

rednblack

• Prime Runner
  • TECH-NO-LOGIC-KILL
« Reply #313 on: <12-09-14/1136:49> »
Speech
Thought
Matrix/Comm
Astral
Subvocal

Zweiblumen

• Ace Runner
« Reply #314 on: <12-09-14/1248:49> »
pecerption Int(4) + qualia(1) + perception(3) = 8: 8d6t5 3

On the train, will get my breakfast post up when I get to the office.
Speech, Thoughts, Comm/Text, Subvocal