NEWS

[5e OOC] Tabula Rasa

• 559 Replies

Ryo

• Ace Runner
« Reply #165 on: <08-27-14/1558:02> »
@GM: I thought I had so much advantage over the poor guy that it wouldn’t need a roll to electrocute him. If I’m wrong, just tell me and I will modify my post accordingly.

Yeah, you're good. You were holding onto him and there wasn't a whole lot he could have done to stop you.

i wish the bear had lived. I'd have liked to turn it loose on them.

I agree. Would it maintain its notions of honorable combat or did those go out the window when the men captured it? Or did they capture it via honorable combat? Unlikely, but interesting to speculate on.

Masked Woman would retrieve her throwing knife from the shoulder of Ace's man. She'd do a quick pat-down of the other man since he never emptied his pockets.

INT 6 + Perception 3 = 2 hits

She had one of the men bring the Rover's medkit along with them. She'd bring that back and give it to Ace. Don't know what rating that medkit is but presumably it has a stimpatch or something to revive Reggie.

She pats him down and finds his commlink, which is a Fairlight Caliban. She also finds some spare bullets for the hunting rifle and a dose of jazz.

The medkit is Rating 4. And sure, it has a Rating 3 stimpatch in it.

Poindexter

• Prime Runner
  • If you lack empathy, you are worthless.
« Reply #166 on: <08-27-14/1648:45> »
Uncle Sam will be making a matrix search roll to look this thing up, just in case.
"speaking out loud"
<<matrix actions/communication>>
thought
astral
subvocal/whispering
non-english

Ryo

• Ace Runner
« Reply #167 on: <08-27-14/1710:53> »
Uncle Sam will be making a matrix search roll to look this thing up, just in case.

You have Computer 2. The Noise level is 3, so you get Intuition 3 + Computer 2 - Noise 3, for 2 dice.

Intuition 3 + Computer 2 - Noise 3: 2d6t5 0 Critical Glitch.

You accidentally crash your comm and have to reboot it, unable to find any info on horned bears.

Poindexter

• Prime Runner
  • If you lack empathy, you are worthless.
« Reply #168 on: <08-27-14/1715:04> »

You have Computer 2. The Noise level is 3, so you get Intuition 3 + Computer 2 - Noise 3, for 2 dice.

Intuition 3 + Computer 2 - Noise 3: 2d6t5 0 Critical Glitch.

You accidentally crash your comm and have to reboot it, unable to find any info on horned bears.

my first critical glitch!!! YAY
"speaking out loud"
<<matrix actions/communication>>
thought
astral
subvocal/whispering
non-english

Ryo

• Ace Runner
« Reply #169 on: <08-27-14/1719:47> »
I think the dwarf just sat in the elf's lap. She's already in the passenger seat, and there are no seats in the back, to make room for the bear. People need to pull out the bear before they can ride, unless they're sitting around the bear, like the hunters were.

When contemplating how to get the bear out, The Dwarf remembers he has the Levitate Spell and the Sorcery group at 5.

So casting it will be Magic 6 + Spellcasting 5 + Power Focus 2, - Wound 1.

Tecumseh

• Prime Runner
« Reply #170 on: <08-27-14/1728:21> »
Well the dwarf is in shock so maybe that's something he would do. Or maybe he's got a thing for elven ladies.

I don't know, GrimWulf. I'm not sure I'd own up to having a Levitate spell right after the Troll and the Ork dragged the giant crate up the hill.

Poindexter, good time to have a crit glitch.

GrimWulf

• Omae
« Reply #171 on: <08-27-14/1731:16> »
ack, missed that, one moment for an edit :P

spellcasting levitate force 6 roll

12d6.hits(5) → [2,5,5,4,3,6,1,3,3,2,1,3] = (3)

Drain soak

12d6.hits(5) → [6,3,4,1,6,4,2,5,4,2,3,3] = (3)

Take one stun
« Last Edit: <08-27-14/1745:45> by GrimWulf »

Ryo

• Ace Runner
« Reply #172 on: <08-27-14/1810:28> »
You needed 2 hits to lift the box and 3 to lift the bear, so that worked for either one.

GrimWulf

• Omae
« Reply #173 on: <08-27-14/1831:15> »
Was going for box, but would cast again for bear if needed after.
Which it probably will need if it's even heavier then the crate.

martinchaen

« Reply #174 on: <08-27-14/2251:17> »
Cool, Ryo. I'll wait for info on myself before posting up an IC reply tomorrow.

So far so good, guys, to Aspen! Uuuh, who knows how to drive? :D

Ryo

• Ace Runner
« Reply #175 on: <08-27-14/2314:30> »
Cool, Ryo. I'll wait for info on myself before posting up an IC reply tomorrow.

So far so good, guys, to Aspen! Uuuh, who knows how to drive? :D

You took the longer search option for yourself, so enough time hasn't passed yet. Would probably finish the search on the way to Aspen

Ravensoracle

• Omae
« Reply #176 on: <08-27-14/2326:31> »
Forgot to put my request for rolls here when I made my IC post.

I want to make a Matrix perception check for any signals that may be coming near our location. I also want to download a map of the area and overlay all of the signals on the map and share it with the group.
Speech
Thoughts
Comm/Text
Subvocal

martinchaen

« Reply #177 on: <08-27-14/2339:15> »
Ravensoracle
APB already has a map available, just FYI.

Ryo
Cool as cool.

Ryo

• Ace Runner
« Reply #178 on: <08-28-14/0229:40> »
Forgot to put my request for rolls here when I made my IC post.

I want to make a Matrix perception check for any signals that may be coming near our location. I also want to download a map of the area and overlay all of the signals on the map and share it with the group.

You have Computer 5 and Intuition 4. The baseline noise here is 3, but you have 3 data jacks you could turn Wireless, and you could load Signal Scrub, which would bring your total noise cancellation to 5. When you check the deck, you see you have every common use and hacking program, as well as a Rating 6 agent. You also get +1 to Intuition linked skills, and realize you have Codeslinger for Matrix Perception.

So in total, you would roll Computer 5 + Intuition 4 + Codeslinger 2 + Qualia 1, +2 if you're in hot-sim VR at the time. 12 to 14 dice on Matrix Perception.

Likewise when you do the matrix search, it'd be Computer 5 + Intuition 4 + Qualia 1, +2 for hot-sim, for 10/12 dice. You could also load Browser to cut the search time in half.

14 dice is enough to buy 3 hits, so I'll go ahead and tell you before you roll that right now, the closest icons are in Aspen. Downloading a map is fairly simple and takes you a few seconds, which gives you an approximate distance to Aspen. I believe I said it was 27 kilometers.

Ren

• Ace Runner
« Reply #179 on: <08-28-14/0526:08> »
@GM: What is the result of my musing about the medkit, do I remember how to use it? If yes, please roll a LOG(4) + First Aid(?) + medkit rating(4) – circumstances(3) for me, when I try to get the only living hunter to his senses. If no, I will leave the medkit to its job alone (rating*2 – circumstances dice pool).
"Speech", Matrix, >>Text<<, Thoughts, Astral
Bulldog
Stake