NEWS

Best pistol in the game?

• 220 Replies

Zilfer

• Ace Runner
« Reply #210 on: <01-19-12/1812:01> »
Maybe if you go into the original post and edit it. That's how it is in Proboards at least.
Having access to Ares Technology isn't so bad, being in a room that's connected to the 'trix with holographic display throughout the whole room isn't bad either. Food, drinks whenever you want it. Over all not bad, but being unable to leave and with a Female Dragon? No Thanks! ~The Captive Man

FastJack

• Administrator
  • Prime Runner
  • Kids these days...
« Reply #211 on: <01-19-12/2309:37> »
Maybe if you go into the original post and edit it. That's how it is in Proboards at least.
Well, this IS a poll, so we're going to keep it around.

Tonatiuh

• Chummer
  • ¡Viva Aztlan!
« Reply #212 on: <01-20-12/0808:23> »
Fair enough.
Current campaign WIP.

ClaytonCross

• Chummer
  • A rigger at heart, a confused mess in practice.
« Reply #213 on: <04-26-16/1910:43> »
Savalette Guardian
I write long and repetitive trying to be clear, I am bad at examples, so people commonly skim my posts pull out the idea they think I mean or want to argue against or focus on my bad example instead of my actual point. I apologies for the confusion my failure to be clear and concise creates.

ScytheKnight

• Ace Runner
« Reply #214 on: <04-27-16/0134:51> »
From To<<Matrix message>>
"Speech"
Thoughts
Astral
Mentor

The Wyrm Ouroboros

• Prime Runner
  • I Have Taken All Shadowrun To Be My Province
« Reply #215 on: <04-28-16/2318:57> »
*Sparks with electricity between hands and surrounding him as he prepares to over cast....

Scythe: You got that right.... Raikiri! (centering i have to say my spells in japanese :P)

*Throws F14 lightning ball*

ouch... that's 12 Drain more than my health.... time to edge my drain dice pool of 12 to 18, and then get a lucky ass roll! XD (got to love when your dice pool makes enough sixes to turn your whole dice pool into all fives and sixes to where you have to start adding dice xd)

.... *mutters*  Force halved, counterspelling, shielding ... hmmm ... can I ignore this?

That's still a F7 coming your way and with Edge..... no you can't especially with my luck. xD

Well, against a F14 'overcast' by someone with presumably a 7 Magic ... I think I can.  The defense against an Indirect Combat spell is Reaction + Intuition, and since Hawatari habitually begins combat with going on preemptive Full Defense, that puts her defenses at 26 + 11, or 37, as a base.  Her counterspelling pool is 26 base counterspelling, +2 vs Combat spell, +12 power focus, +16 Initiate Grade for Shielding, or 56; just a nudge above a third of that to be safe puts the total between the two at 56, and presuming she doesn't want to swat it right back at you, bought hits put it at 14, with a rolled average of almost 19.

If it gets through, she's got 8 Body +3 Bone Lacing +3 Orthoskin; Armor of +13 for her Mortimer of London Berwick Suit and Argentum Coat  +9 Armor Spell (R9 Flexible Quickening) +3 Bone Lacing -14 for the Lightning, for a total of 25 dice to resist any damage - 6 more hits.

... so yeah, she can probably relatively ignore it.  And then shoot you with her custom pistol.  ;)
Pananagutan & End/Line

Old As McBean, Twice As Mean
"Oh, gee - it's Go-Frag-Yourself-O'Clock."
New Wyrm!! Now with Twice the Bastard!!

Laés is ... I forget. -PiXeL01
Play the game. Don't try to win it.

Darzil

• Omae
« Reply #216 on: <04-29-16/0443:28> »
Unless I'm missing something, for spell defense counterspelling pool is Counterspelling skill, so Magic doesn't come into play (it would for Dispelling), and thus nor does Power Focus (a Counterspelling Focus would), so her Counterspelling pool would be 8+2+16 = 26. Obviously still huge, as she's an incredibly experienced character.

Duellist_D

• Chummer
« Reply #217 on: <04-30-16/1445:05> »
You guys are necroing a 4 year old discussion. I seriously doubt the original other participant will bother to read this.

psycho835

• Omae
« Reply #218 on: <05-08-16/2037:25> »
Time for my own two nuyen bit of necromancy: Colt. Manhunter. The old one with laser sight. True, holosight is normally better, but impairs quick draw. Pistol, whether as a hidden weapon or a backup for bigger guns, should ALWAYS be available. That means no holosight that slow down the deployment and no smartgun system add-ons that would make it vulnerable to hackers. The only exception that I am willing to accept would be 4E Urban Fighter, a heavy pistol companion for Urban Combat SMG, for when you need to smuggle a gun past some serious security. BTW, has Urban Fighter been converted to 5E yet?

Rift_0f_Bladz

• Ace Runner
  • Go big or DIE
« Reply #219 on: <05-14-16/0933:04> »
Officially, no it has not. There was a thread somewhere where a member converted a ton of stuff to 5th. It is in the child board of GM Lounge.
Quote- Mirikon on 7/30/2019 at 08:26:51
Agreed. This looks like a 'training wheels' edition, that you can use to introduce someone to the setting, and then shift over to something like 5E or 4E. Like how D&D 5E is best used as training wheels for D&D 3.X.

Turned in Toxshaman for ¥1 million/4 once.

condottiere

• Newb
« Reply #220 on: <07-02-16/1741:15> »
I don't think it's the best pistol in this game, but the Ares Light Fire Seventy is the perfect burner gun, as the current iteration of the Saturday Night Special.

It's widely available, you can extend the clip, it's cheap.

While it has a specific silencer for seven fifty, there's always the option of  grabbing the next pillow.