NEWS

[SR5] Data Trails?

• 302 Replies

Triskavanski

• Ace Runner
« Reply #135 on: <05-27-15/0316:01> »
I'm kinda saddened by  what is included so far in the book.. Like the Pain Editor Echo. (Well, I did always say that the Pain Editor is like a Technomancers best friend) And now.. You don't have to do what I did with tobbis to get it.

But seriously. What is up with MMRI? They just printed Mind over Machine again, but this time included language that specifically states you don't get certain things.

Also.. Has anyone noticed any new rules on Silent icons?
Concepts are great, but implementation sucks. Why not improve it?

Triskavanski's House Rules

prionic6

• Chummer
« Reply #136 on: <05-27-15/0320:49> »
I love the Sleaze addons for commlinks!

And the Leeroy Jenkins quality :-P

Top Dog

• Ace Runner
« Reply #137 on: <05-27-15/0450:02> »

So happy with that! Also, finally a noise reduction option for my magician! (although not at the same time - which is good, don't want commlinks to be too useful).

Top Dog

• Ace Runner
« Reply #138 on: <05-27-15/0516:49> »
Actually scratch that - for cheaper then the dongle, you can add Sleaze to the commlink outright. Huh.

Novocrane

• Ace Runner
« Reply #139 on: <05-27-15/0602:56> »
Actually scratch that - for cheaper then the dongle, you can add Sleaze to the commlink outright. Huh.
Add a Matrix Attribute starts at 1. You need Increase a Matrix Attribute to go higher, and devices can only hold one modification.

Top Dog

• Ace Runner
« Reply #140 on: <05-27-15/0624:35> »
Ah! I didn't think of that. I thought of it as one modification. But you're right.

AJCarrington

• Global Moderator
  • Ace Runner
« Reply #141 on: <05-27-15/0643:23> »
The Technomancer supplement is gonna be a digital release. We're in the planning stage of writing so it might be a few months. We're still dividing the work load and figuring stuff out. Hopefully it won't take us too long to write up.

Cool...thanks for clarifying that...sometimes, it's rather nice to be wrong. ;D

Top Dog

• Ace Runner
« Reply #142 on: <05-27-15/0745:14> »
Add a Matrix Attribute starts at 1. You need Increase a Matrix Attribute to go higher, and devices can only hold one modification.
Ah! I didn't think of that. I thought of it as one modification. But you're right.
And to make my reading incomprehension complete, you can combine Add Matrix Attribute with Increase a Matrix Attribute (it's listed in the end of Add Matrix Attribute). But, presumably, just once, and it costs 2 boxes of damage. For 2 Sneak or Attack. Probably not worth it still. Anyway I should wait until I get home before I start properly reading the thing :)

Novocrane

• Ace Runner
« Reply #143 on: <05-27-15/0811:09> »
Huh. I skimmed that, and the combination is worse than I thought.

Kincaid

• Freelancer
  • Prime Runner
« Reply #144 on: <05-27-15/0842:21> »
fyi, the hope is to get a FAQ out before the print version dealing with lingering questions from the core book.  Some of those made their way into DT (the change ownership Hardware Test, for example), but it's hard to stuff all that in and make a readable product.  A few things in DT will be mentioned in terms of how they interact with older stuff--Quick Config and Perfect Time, for example.  MMRI essentially does replace MoM--apparently lots of people thought they got a magical thread of wire and a hole in their temple.  People are weird.  Or at least overly pedantic. 

I wanted to be sure to say thanks to the community for generating all sorts of helpful and interesting ideas and questions when it comes to Matrix-related stuff.  It was immensely helpful to have as a point of reference.  I especially want to thank Xenon (who I suspect has written more words about the Matrix than are actually in Data Trails) for sharing his thoughts.

I'm up against a few deadlines (both SR and work induced), but if you have DT questions, fire away and I'll try to answer as many as I can.
Killing so many sacred cows, I'm banned from India.

Triskavanski

• Ace Runner
« Reply #145 on: <05-27-15/0845:28> »

So happy with that! Also, finally a noise reduction option for my magician! (although not at the same time - which is good, don't want commlinks to be too useful).

Well, there is a spell you've got too that reduces noise
Concepts are great, but implementation sucks. Why not improve it?

Triskavanski's House Rules

Top Dog

• Ace Runner
« Reply #146 on: <05-27-15/0910:54> »
Well, there is a spell you've got too that reduces noise
True. I have it, in fact! Saved our bacon too once... Still, having options that don't eat up a precious spell slot and sustained spell penalty is good.

AJCarrington

• Global Moderator
  • Ace Runner
« Reply #147 on: <05-27-15/0948:24> »
Some additional artwork posted up on Tumblr:

runarm

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Newb
« Reply #148 on: <05-27-15/0951:37> »
What is the expected street date for the physical book?

R.

prionic6

• Chummer
« Reply #149 on: <05-27-15/1112:25> »
On p.18 the book talks about how DNI (from trodes - I assume datajacks also work) can add sense of touch, smell and taste to AR and also act as your input instead of gloves. I noted that audio and video are explicitly not mentioned there, it even talks about trodes interacting with your glasses and headphones... I always thought that DNI can add to all of your senses, including sight and hearing. Is that wrong?