NEWS

Draco Foundation currently

• 3 Replies

PMárk

• Chummer
« on: <02-11-18/1944:44> »
Ok, so I noticed that there are really few snippets about this group in 5e books and nothing major (neither really any comprehensive writeups of the group as a whole). The last big things about them were in the Clutch of Dargons 4e book (which I didn't read yet, so I don't know how many cliffhangers were left in that). Forbidden Arcana mentioned, in relation to the blood mage bounties, that they might start to run out of money...

Do they? Or rather, does the organization started to wind down, run out of steam (and Big D's pile of gold...)? Or, are there any plans for them in the foreseeable future in the writers' head?

I rather like the group , so I wouldn't mind them stepping back into the spotlight a little.
If nothing worked, let's think!

lokii

• Chummer
« Reply #1 on: <02-13-18/0553:09> »
Forbidden Arcana mentioned, in relation to the blood mage bounties, that they might start to run out of money....

Well, they would be in dire straits then: The bounty is just a million per mage, the Draco Foundation has the operational budget of a megacorporation. On the other hand the captured blood mages were meant for study after twenty years do they still need more specimen? Is it even safe to keep so many around in your laboratory? :D

If it's just speculation I wouldn't worry too much.
« Last Edit: <02-13-18/0627:51> by lokii »

PMárk

• Chummer
« Reply #2 on: <02-13-18/1931:53> »
Forbidden Arcana mentioned, in relation to the blood mage bounties, that they might start to run out of money....

Well, they would be in dire straits then: The bounty is just a million per mage, the Draco Foundation has the operational budget of a megacorporation. On the other hand the captured blood mages were meant for study after twenty years do they still need more specimen? Is it even safe to keep so many around in your laboratory? :D

If it's just speculation I wouldn't worry too much.

Yes, that's true. Although, they're mostly giving away thatmoney for nearly 20 years and not really producing it, as far as I know.

Anyway, I don't think they're running out of it right now. It just occurred to me that there wasn't any serious movement on their ground since Clutch of Dragons.
If nothing worked, let's think!

Mirikon

• Prime Runner
  • "Everybody lies." --House
« Reply #3 on: <02-14-18/1132:47> »
You're assuming that all that money was just deposited in their account and hasn't been even earning any interest. Or that they don't have any further people investing, to get nice honorary titles and the like. Or that they don't do contract work with groups that have less magical knowledge, or want to have that shiny nonprofit co-op thing going for tax purposes. Remember, nonprofit doesn't mean you don't make money, it just means that anything you make goes back into the corp, rather than to people's pockets.
Greataxe - Apply directly to source of problem, repeat as needed.

My Characters