NEWS

Ultra-concealable knives in SR4?

• 4 Replies

iKill

• Newb
« on: <11-13-15/1044:43> »
Does the SR4 rules include rules for a small, easily concealed knife? The standard knife from the SR4 rulebook has a concealment modifier of -2, the same as a light pistol, but Im looking for something more like shadowrun version of the real world HideAway Knife or Fred Perrin LaGriffe, both of which is far easier to conceal than any pistol.

Does such an item exist?

psycho835

• Omae
« Reply #1 on: <11-13-15/1951:47> »
Don't think so, sorry. Although you could try stabbing someone with a throwing knife, they tend to be slimmer (though not necessarily shorter) than the ones meant for close combat.

Csjarrat

• Prime Runner
  • UK based GM + player
« Reply #2 on: <11-14-15/0812:21> »
best bet would be an implanted blade or cyberarm/hand with one built in. retracts into the hand/arm and is then vastly harder to spot
Speech
Thought
Matrix
Astral
Mentor

Bigger Gun

• Newb
« Reply #3 on: <11-15-15/0556:02> »
Victorinox Memory Blade, Arsenal page 16.

It certainly has drawback as it takes a combat turn to harden or to become flexible. But you can get it up to -4 conceal modifier. The big issue in my mind however is the fact that it's avaibility is 14R, granted that is only an issue at chargen.

AwesomenessDog

• Chummer
« Reply #4 on: <01-20-16/0731:04> »
best bet would be an implanted blade or cyberarm/hand with one built in. retracts into the hand/arm and is then vastly harder to spot
While they are retracted, they are impossible to spot themselves, you have to spot the opening which I think is a 4 threshold perception check. I'm assuming that there are also ways to further hide the opening but I don't know a way that doesn't make the blade inaccessible or make it so you cut a hole in that nice suit that is over top you arm blade port.