NEWS

[6E] Ally Spirits

• 2 Replies

Kid Zero

• Newb
« on: <11-02-21/1949:36> »
A couple of questions about Ally spirits. I’m about to make my own, probably force 10. My mage was a member of the german version of the Knights Templar in his background and I’m going to make an Angel type. Here are my questions:

1. One of his powers I’m taking Natural Weapon and making it a Great Sword(nodachi stats). I’m also taking Flame Aura, which states that it adds half the magic rating in damage to any close combat attack. The question I have is, does this make the natural weapon a “magic” attack now for defeating immunity to normal weapons?

2. I can’t find a starting initiative dice on the Ally spirit. I see that all summoned spirits are usually 2d6 and 3d6 astral. Is that just base for all spirits?

Stainless Steel Devil Rat

• Errata Coordinator
  • Prime Runner
« Reply #1 on: <11-02-21/2114:01> »
A couple of questions about Ally spirits. I’m about to make my own, probably force 10. My mage was a member of the german version of the Knights Templar in his background and I’m going to make an Angel type. Here are my questions:

1. One of his powers I’m taking Natural Weapon and making it a Great Sword(nodachi stats). I’m also taking Flame Aura, which states that it a

A spirit's natural weapon will bypass Immunity to Normal Weapons whether it is combined with Flame Aura or not. Just because it takes the form of a "normal" great sword, it doesn't mean it is.

2. I can’t find a starting initiative dice on the Ally spirit. I see that all summoned spirits are usually 2d6 and 3d6 astral. Is that just base for all spirits?

I'd recommend going with that.
RPG mechanics exist to give structure and consistency to the game world, true, but at the end of the day, you’re fighting dragons with algebra and random number generators.

funkytim

• Omae
« Reply #2 on: <11-19-21/0041:11> »
How do you plan on getting the formula for your ally?