NEWS

Black Trenchcoat online content recruitment

• 9 Replies

Redwulfe

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Omae
« on: <06-18-18/1454:58> »
I have been toying around with the idea of doing some hardcore Black Trenchcoat style runs for a PBP, Podcast or Twitch stream. I have never put one on but am very intrigued with doing one and would like to start doing some content creation of my own. I do have the adobe creative cloud and would be willing to edit it together as well as do recordings of games. What I would like to know if people are interested in possibly doing this?

I would either use regular SR5 rules or, as a test to see if a Black Trenchcoat style game would fly in Anarchy, an Anarchy game. I would be looking for 3-4 dedicated individuals that could commit to a once a day PBP or bi-weekly recording session. Once a month if this is going to be a pod/vidcast as I would record a 4 hour games session and then edit that into 4 hour episodes. I also wouldn't mind just doing a once a month session that is just talking about the Black Trenchcoat style and what houserules/resources that potential GMs might want to look into using for there game.

If you are interested please post below what format you would like to see and if you would be interested in playing. If there is enough interest I will start an interview stage and put a team together from their for whatever format we decide.
« Last Edit: <06-18-18/1530:20> by Redwulfe »
There are 10 kinds of people in this world, those who understand binary and those who don't

Red

*Play-by-Post color guide*
Thinking
com
speaking

adzling

« Reply #1 on: <06-18-18/1518:32> »
i do black trenchcoat

i love talking about black trenchcoat and creating rules that support this playstyle for our own table

i could do PbP

i could maybe do a once a month session

Kincaid

• Freelancer
  • Prime Runner
« Reply #2 on: <06-18-18/1529:26> »
/shakes fist at his schedule
Killing so many sacred cows, I'm banned from India.

blackshade10

• Newb
  • Elfie Technomancer
« Reply #3 on: <06-18-18/1644:31> »
I'd love to play, and would prefer a PbP format. =)  I'd prefer 5E.

Csjarrat

• Prime Runner
  • UK based GM + player
« Reply #4 on: <06-21-18/1203:34> »
I'd be up for pbp, can easily post during lunch breaks and when I get home from work. 5e works for me nicely as I don't own anarchy rules yet. Any idea on country setting?
Video might rule me out as I'm likely in a diff time zone (UK)
Speech
Thought
Matrix
Astral
Mentor

Redwulfe

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Omae
« Reply #5 on: <06-21-18/1325:53> »
So currently what it is looking like is a PbP game using the 5th edition ruleset. I will be also doing a monthly discussion podcast for Black trench coat style games. Rules modifications, genre feel and so on.

For the game though I will first get a few concepts for the team and then we can move on to the crunch and where we are going to play the game. I am thinking here and using roll20 for maps and such to at least help with any combats that will occur. Just an FYI I like very deadly games so character death is increased in my games. This puts the focus on solving the puzzle of getting around combats and moving through the world in the shadows. I do keep files on characters with information and investigation reports into crimes they commit. If your enemies find you it will result in combat, see above. If your hacker is balzy enough or has the skillz you can find out and even erase what is in those files which is good for the team. so sometimes the team will have to do a run just because they wish to to clear a file that may or may not exist.

Please follow this link to go to character creation. https://forums.shadowruntabletop.com/index.php?topic=27590.0
There are 10 kinds of people in this world, those who understand binary and those who don't

Red

Thinking
com
speaking

Jusenkyo

• Newb
« Reply #6 on: <06-22-18/1904:15> »
I'm not sure of which of your things to post on and so I'm going to just go ahead and try both and risk getting yelled at.

I wish to also play this game, however I have yet to have the opportunity to play in a shadowrun game. I have the Core rules, and an idea for a character but I'm not sure if you'd want her. Sort of basic-ish Combat Adept, I designed her as strait Adept and I would prefer that I could keep her like that. I saw that you needed muscle and thought she might be a good fit. (also all the other characters that I have personalities for and have any sort of thinking out are a rigger and a technomancer so that)

I've got a name and a basic description if you'd like, oh and also I could force Mystic Adept by bumping priority if you absolutely must have a caster and tag around her stats a bit to do a little better but, yha.

call her Avalanche- Troll Adept

ToonJunkey

• Newb
« Reply #7 on: <06-28-18/1846:08> »
Sure Im game and I love to talk shop I've got several characters and A few neat Ideas I want to test out I'm game for almost any time table at the moment and would love to join if you don't mind me nooning it up all over the place.  Ive just got one question: Whats PBP? and will it work on a mac?

Redwulfe

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Omae
« Reply #8 on: <06-29-18/1918:24> »
ToonJunkey we currently have a full table for the PBP(Play By Post) game that I am running but I have not had enough people interested in the actual play to do that yet. I am however going to still do a monthly podcast that discusses the Black Trenchcoat Genre and such and have one person interested in cohosting with me. If you are interested in that I will be doing some skype calls within a week or tow to start putting that together as I learn what I need to be able to get it off the ground. Let me know if you are interested in that in PM. If you don't mind please included your experience level with the game and such for third hosting podcast slot.

Red

Thinking
com
speaking

ToonJunkey

• Newb
« Reply #9 on: <06-30-18/1059:21> »
Sent you that PM