NEWS

Skillwired Facemancer

• 3 Replies

Bleu

• Newb
« on: <04-27-18/0816:54> »
Hello there! I didn't see a good spot to introduce myself, so let's do it here:

Hi, I'm Bleu, rookie runner from the Land of Beer (I dare you to say Germany, I double dare you!) but with experiences in rpg (and a lots of rpg, my groups and I are good in trying a game then launching a campaign that we 'll never end and move on another rpg).
We recently started to play Shadowrun, which pleased the cyberpunk enthousiast in me and made me to creat a lot of characters (I found it helpfull to understand the rules). I really enjoyed the concept of TM even if they are...poorly treated by the rules.
 I wanted to play one and since we still have no matrix guy neither nor a face, TM can shine here so I would like to show you my try and have your opinions please.
I must give some credits to the Skillwire TM of Gemstar which gives me the ideas of using skillwires. And sorry if the display isn't clear, I don't know how to export a chummer 5 char (and barely understand Chummer 5 anyway :p ) so I had to improvise. Feel free to ask about missing/not clear info!

Just:
  • Not a SRM, so Transhuman is ok
  • The goal is to be ok-tier as a face and hacker, I 'm ok with being a bit Jack of all trade master of none
  • Not sure if it's the same for english version, but the last french errata make the skill jack very available: 0.1 ess (no matter of rating) and 1.000*DR Y
  • I saw the Hobbe's petnomancer but I don't like that much this playstyle, plus as a GM I would not allow diagnostic for almost everything so as a player I prefer don't use it for every gear related roll. I prefer to use sprite as a not mandatory support thing, even if it's suboptimal.
  • Edge 2 is damn low I know, it was an hard choice and my 15 next Karma will probably help this. That's one of my main concern (with the fact that a lot of my skills are low and I can't use edge on it)

== Priorities ==
Metatype: D,1 ==> Human (3)
Attributes: A,4
Special: C,2 ==> Resonance (Skills at 2 are software, hacking and cybercombat)
Skills: E,0
Resources: B,3

== Attributes ==
BOD: 3                         CHA: 5
AGI:  3                         INT: 5
REA: 3                         LOG: 6 (8 )
STR: 2                         WIL:  5
EDG: 2                         RES: 5  (6 - 1 because of essence)
ESS: 5

== Derived Attributes
Essence: 5.00                   Initiative:  8 +1d6          Matrix AR:   8 +1d6          Matrix Hot:    13 +4d6
Physical Damage Track: 10     Stun Damage Track: 11   

Physical: 4                     
Mental: 9                     
Social: 7
   Tailored pheromones: +1 on Acting and Influence SG                     

== Active Skills ==
Compiling            Base: 4  + Karma: 0  = 4   Pool: 9
Hacking               Base: 2+4 + Karma: 0  = 6   Pool: 14
Registering          Base: 5  + Karma: 0  = 5   Pool: 10
Software             Base: 2+4 + Karma: 0  = 6   Pool: 14 or 11 for CF
Influence group    Base: 0  + Karma: 5 (Skill group)  = 1   Pool: 6 +1 with Tailored pheromones
Con                    Base: 1  + Karma: 0  = 1   Pool: 6+1 with Tailored pheromones
Cybercombat       Base: 2  + Karma: 0  = 2  Pool: 10
Pistols (Taser)      Base: 0  + Karma: 12 +7 (spec) = 3  Pool: 6 (+2)

== Knowledge Skills ==
English                                   Native
Japanese                                Base: 2  + Karma: 0 = 2    Pool:  7
Or'zet                                    Base: 1 + Karma: 0  = 1   Pool: 6
Street drugs                           Base: 2 + Karma: 0  = 2   Pool: 7
Security systems (matrix)        Base: 1 + Karma: 0  =  1  Pool: 9(+2)
Seattle streets ( safe houses)   Base: 2 + Karma: 0  =  2  Pool: 7(+2)
Johnsons                                Base: 1 + Karma: 0  =  1  Pool:  6                               
Resonance                              Base: 3 + Karma: 0  =  3  Pool:   11
Data heavens (Jackpoint)          Base: 2 + Karma: 0  =  2  Pool:   7(+2)
Music Synthcore                       Base: 1 + Karma: 0  =  1  Pool:   6
Black market                            Base: 1 + Karma: 0  =  1  Pool:    6                               
Néo NET (security)                    Base: 2 + Karma: 0  =  2  Pool:   7(+2)
Neo-anarchism                         Base: 1 + Karma: 0  =  1  Pool:    6
Emerald city (technomancers)    Base: 1 + Karma: 0  =  1 Pool:     6(+2)
Criminal organizations               Base: 1 + Karma: 0  =  1 Pool:     6

== Qualities ==
Transhuman prototype -10  ==> with Allergy (common, mild) [Pollen]
Quick healer -3
Drug tolerant -6

Code of honnor [Like a boss] +15
Codeblock [Jam signals] +10

== Complex Forms ==
Misread marks
Pupeteer
Static Veil

== Cyberware/Bioware ==
Cerebral booster DR2 ==> Transhuman
Tailored pheromones (used) DR1 ==> Transhuman
Damage compensator DR3  ==> Transhuman
Narco
Cyber ear (alphaware) DR1
                      3x Antennae
Datajack (alphaware)
Skilljack  DR4
Chipjack  DR3
Skillwire  DR3

It's 14 skills ratings available with a maximum of rating 3 per skill:

Activesoft ( Sneaking )  Rating 3
Activesoft ( Perception ) Rating 3
Activesoft ( Computer )  Rating 3
Activesoft ( Hardware )   Rating 2
Activesoft ( Imposture )  Rating 1  ==> Does tailored pheromones work here ?
Activesoft ( Electronic warfare )  Rating 1
Activesoft ( Ground Vehicule )  Rating 1

The 'wares and activesofts cost 251.970 and 0.99 essence (+ 0.95 of Transhuman)

I made a list of gears for about 35.000 Y, so I need to spend 6 Karma on Nuyens. It leaves me 1 Karma (to spend on contacts of knowledge skill).

Oh, and since I'm native french speaker my english/ translation of some SR5 key words can be wrong. Don't hesitate to correct me!

See ya in the Shadows!
« Last Edit: <04-27-18/0825:15> by Bleu »
You know Matrix movies are unbelievable when the technomancer is better than every deckers.

Marcus

• Prime Runner
  • Success always demands a greater effort.
« Reply #1 on: <04-28-18/0024:01> »
Used Bioware in transhuman? They install that junk in utero?
That may be strictly RAW legal but I would call shenanigans on it as a GM.

Your die pools are on the low side, and lack the CF to really make up for it. I'd consider going to Sum2ten, drop the money it's not really helping, take advantage of the TM errata and get a higher special, and give Internet Wizard more of run.  With the new values I think it's on edge of doable.
*Play-by-Post color guide*
Thinking
com
speaking

Bleu

• Newb
« Reply #2 on: <04-30-18/0624:34> »
Hi!

For the used bioware, yeah I see what you mean. I saw it like the transhuman project got a strictly determined budget from the corp, so if you want to be the most cost effective you may "recycle" some parts from previous works on a another subject, so the organ grows up in you but since it was not 100% made for your dna, it's not as good as a true personnal organ.
...well, said like it, I guess it's indeed very cheesy ^^'

Didn't think of sum to 10, we only used the regular priority system. Does every dm allow it?
In that case it'll maybe be better to do B Attribute, B Resonnace, B Skill, D Human and E Ressources. Or maybe A Resonnance (or Attribute?), B Attribute (or Resonnace then), B Skill , E Human and E Ressources. I'll lose some attributes stats but the skills will compense for much roll. Worth the try!
You know Matrix movies are unbelievable when the technomancer is better than every deckers.

Marcus

• Prime Runner
  • Success always demands a greater effort.
« Reply #3 on: <04-30-18/1727:49> »
Didn't think of sum to 10, we only used the regular priority system. Does every dm allow it?
In that case it'll maybe be better to do B Attribute, B Resonnace, B Skill, D Human and E Ressources. Or maybe A Resonnance (or Attribute?), B Attribute (or Resonnace then), B Skill , E Human and E Ressources. I'll lose some attributes stats but the skills will compense for much roll. Worth the try!

I certainly can't speak for any GM other then myself. So i would suggest asking your GM. I almost always go A Attributes, TM are so MAD (Multi-Attribute Dependent), but take a look at it and see if you can fit your image better with that.

Good Luck!
*Play-by-Post color guide*
Thinking
com
speaking