NEWS

Sixth World Companion alternate rules rampant speculation thread

• 26 Replies

Darksithmstr

• Newb
  • Fraggin' A
« Reply #15 on: <01-27-22/2222:14> »
Was this announced?  when does it come out?
See u in the Matrix!

Michael Chandra

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Prime Runner
  • Question-slicing ninja
« Reply #16 on: <01-28-22/0852:41> »
CGL doesn't announce release-dates until they have the physical book in their warehouses, unfortunately.
How am I not part of the forum?? O_O I am both active and angry!

MercilessMing

• Omae
« Reply #17 on: <01-28-22/1218:20> »
It was announced via Facebook, with a time frame of "later this year".  Which probably means late this year.

Redwulfe

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Omae
« Reply #18 on: <02-02-22/0050:57> »
I am thinking that the optional rules will be the same if not similar to the optional rule in the German GM’s handbook.
There are 10 kinds of people in this world, those who understand binary and those who don't

Red

*Play-by-Post color guide*
Thinking
com
speaking

Banshee

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Ace Runner
« Reply #19 on: <02-02-22/0656:02> »
I am thinking that the optional rules will be the same if not similar to the optional rule in the German GM’s handbook.

Well I can tell you that if it is it would be purely coincidental since none of us that worked on the companion ever saw that book or knew of its existence.
Robert "Banshee" Volbrecht
Freelancer & FAQ Committee member
Former RPG Lead Agent
Catalyst Demo Team

Sir Ludwig

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Chummer
« Reply #20 on: <02-02-22/0913:19> »

Well I can tell you that if it is it would be purely coincidental since none of us that worked on the companion ever saw that book or knew of its existence.

Glad I wasn't alone, I didn't know there was a German GM handbook.  Guess I going to go find a copy and dust off my very rusty German.

SL
Si vis pacem, para bellum

Michael Chandra

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Prime Runner
  • Question-slicing ninja
« Reply #21 on: <02-03-22/0843:04> »
Hinter dem Vorhang has a bunch of optional rules in it.
How am I not part of the forum?? O_O I am both active and angry!

tarbaand

• Newb
« Reply #22 on: <02-10-22/1441:24> »
There are life mods in No Future, so I'd be willing to bet that the new runners companion, or whatever they call it, will have karmagen and life mods.  The "core" books seems to pretty have the same things in them.  So I'd expect a lot of new Qualities as well.

MercilessMing

• Omae
« Reply #23 on: <02-12-22/0819:51> »
I'm curious if the designers actually pay attention to the SRM rules for what the "core players" believe needs to be changed, maybe some of those will appear?  I'm seriously hoping for gameplay rules and not just character creation options, which we all expect there to be.

MercilessMing

• Omae
« Reply #24 on: <02-17-22/1050:19> »
I heard rumors there's a good chance that a close combat rule that increases the role of strength will make it in the book.  Something like rolling Strength instead of Agility.  That would be a significant balance fix for both strength and agility.

Gmanjkd

• Newb
« Reply #25 on: <02-17-22/2313:55> »
I hope so, that would be a welcome change

Banshee

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Ace Runner
« Reply #26 on: <02-18-22/1316:53> »
There's a whole chapter of optional rules that are mostly things we suggested as errata but didn't get approved as such, so we wrote them as optional rules instead.
Robert "Banshee" Volbrecht
Freelancer & FAQ Committee member
Former RPG Lead Agent
Catalyst Demo Team