NEWS

WIP [Resource][Submersion Task][Echo]Familiar task & Dameon Compilation

• 5 Replies

Mirikon

• Prime Runner
  • "Everybody lies." --House
« on: <07-18-12/1028:36> »
As might be obvious, I'm trying to come up with rules for ally sprites, or Dameons. Suggestions welcome. I'll post the Dameon rules in this thread when I'm done. But to start it off, here's a Submersion task and echo. Yes, they are blatantly ripped off from the Ally Spirit rules, but I figured that was a pretty good starting point, no?

Familiar Submersion Task
This task requires the character to compile a Dameon. It is only available to technomancers able to compile Dameons and then only to those who design their own Dameon source code. The submerging character need not have taken the requisite Dameon Compilation metamagic beforehand and may take it as the Submersion echo gained during the submersion she is currently undergoing.

Dameon Compilation
For a technomancer to compile the unique form of sprite known as a Dameon, they must first gain the Dameon Compilation echo and possess a ready Dameon sprite source code. This echo grants her the power to mold and enhance a bound sprite she already possesses according to the “blueprint” of the Dameon source code—thereby granting it remarkable new abilities and often modifying its original personality (often subconsciously grafting on an aspect of her own, especially when combined with the Familiar task).
Greataxe - Apply directly to source of problem, repeat as needed.

My Characters

Mason

• Ace Runner
  • You don't know as many spells as I do, omae!
« Reply #1 on: <07-18-12/1315:04> »
I like this, but you should make a note that this is a rare ability. Technos haven't been around long enough to have done this much.

Mirikon

• Prime Runner
« Reply #2 on: <07-18-12/1645:02> »
Well, I got the idea because I remember seeing a line in one of the old 3rd edition books about one of the otaku having something she called a Dameon, and when she died it went to one of the deckers she knew to see if he had any final words to say. Sounded like the digital version of an ally spirit that had gone free after its master's death to me.

My Characters

JustADude

• Prime Runner
  • Madness? This! Is! A FORUM!
« Reply #3 on: <07-18-12/2109:13> »
As might be obvious, I'm trying to come up with rules for ally sprites, or Dameons. Suggestions welcome. I'll post the Dameon rules in this thread when I'm done. But to start it off, here's a Submersion task and echo. Yes, they are blatantly ripped off from the Ally Spirit rules, but I figured that was a pretty good starting point, no?

Looks good to me.

I'm gonna have to run up a sample Daemon just to see how it looks. I'm assuming you're thinking to use the same rules and Karma prices for Daemons as for Ally Spirits, just swapping out the Magician terms for the appropriate Technomancer equivalent?
“What is right is not always popular and what is popular is not always right.”
― Albert Einstein

"Being average just means that half of everyone you meet is better than you."
― Me

Mirikon

• Prime Runner
« Reply #4 on: <07-19-12/0633:03> »
Not quite. Definitely going to borrow some of that, but sprites can't materialize or inhabit vessels like spirits can, which means they aren't as useful. So I'd most likely be stripping out the part on alternate forms for the most part, with perhaps a small cost for different icons. They can always just move into a drone if they want to interact with the real world.

My Characters

adambeyoncelowe

• Newb
« Reply #5 on: <06-07-23/1505:09> »
Did you ever finish this, out of curiosity?