NEWS

Genesis Character Generator - Release Thread

• 28 Replies

taranion

• Newb
« on: <09-13-20/0830:09> »
Hi chummers,

I will use this thread to publish release notes of new plugin releases for Shadowrun 6 in Genesis (instead of opening new topics, like I did in the past)

Let me start with version 1.3.1
https://www.rpgframework.de/index.php/en/2020/09/13/shadowrun-1-3-1-2/
Though it is mainly bugfixes, a few things stand out:
  • My wife contributed a half-page PDF export (inspired by the way NPCs are represented in the books)
  • More editable fields on the regular character sheet (again - a contribution by my wife)
  • You can use autosofts in vehicles (not restricted to drones anymore, like before)
New Feature
  • [SR6-34] - Half-Page / A5 NPC sheet
  • [SR6-434] - EditableFields: Notes for drones, activated programs
Task
  • [SR6-416] - Move accessories from INTERNAL to better slot (to make them visible)
  • [SR6-437] - Add useas VEHICLE_BODY to weapons placed directly into vehicles
Improvement
  • [SR6-424] - Add multi to accessories which user may want to have multiple
  • [SR6-435] - Allow vehicles to use autosofts
Bug
  • [SR6-130] - PDF: Astral combat elements repeats relevant effects
  • [SR6-248] - Cannot add two things (e.g. standard weapon mounts) in one slot (e.g. a vehicle)
  • [SR6-292] - Exception while generating PDF (ConditionStunElement)
  • [SR6-313] - Weapon focus does not hold accessories and modifications added
  • [SR6-321] - No karma cost for initiation during character generation
  • [SR6-369] - Show level of cyberware modifications on PDF printout
  • [SR6-403] - Multi="yes" no longer seems to work (datasofts)
  • [SR6-417] - Add camera and vision_magnification to imaging_scope
  • [SR6-419] - Add personalized_grip_melee to all weapons of Zoe Heritage line
  • [SR6-421] - Add missing slots to weapons with accessorymods in those slots
  • [SR6-423] - Show correct number of programs slots on rigger page
  • [SR6-425] - Make mods visible for "full body armor with helmet"
  • [SR6-427] - Add missing exotic ammunition from FF
  • [SR6-444] - Failed to Save Character during creation
  • [SR6-446] - Mystic adept: Prevent automatic Powerpoint on Magic increase (Catalyst rules) and inverse for Pegasus Rules
  • [SR6-447] - Machine guns as accessories not sorted correctly
  • [SR6-448] - Correct Kickboxing signature technique
  • [SR6-449] - Factory autosofts should block slots
Lately we found a larger problem in our gear management, that is relevant if you want to put accessories in to gear pieces that have been automatically added (like a weapin mount that is a built-in accessory of a drone or a accessories for foci) - that simply doesn't work right now.

FastJack

• Administrator
  • Prime Runner
  • Kids these days...
« Reply #1 on: <09-13-20/0908:57> »
Thanks for all of your hard work! I've stickied the thread so it's easy to find.

Stainless Steel Devil Rat

• Errata Coordinator
  • Prime Runner
« Reply #2 on: <09-13-20/0953:54> »
I <3 your work!
RPG mechanics exist to give structure and consistency to the game world, true, but at the end of the day, you’re fighting dragons with algebra and random number generators.

Sir Ludwig

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Chummer
« Reply #3 on: <09-13-20/1257:21> »
taranion,

I too appreciate all the work you and your family and friends are doing.

Regards,
SL
Si vis pacem, para bellum

Longshot23

• Omae
« Reply #4 on: <09-14-20/0548:15> »
It's probably not a priority, but is there any way to determine that the installation is not (automatically) to C:\ ? Because I have drive space issues . . . .

taranion

• Newb
« Reply #5 on: <09-14-20/0552:02> »
It's probably not a priority, but is there any way to determine that the installation is not (automatically) to C:\ ? Because I have drive space issues . . . .

You are referring to the directory where the application stores its auto-updated files? (In your user directory in a "genesis" subdirectory)?
Or about the directory where the MSI unpacks itself? (That should be selectable in the installer)

Longshot23

• Omae
« Reply #6 on: <09-14-20/1145:28> »

You are referring to the directory where the application stores its auto-updated files? (In your user directory in a "genesis" subdirectory)?
Or about the directory where the MSI unpacks itself? (That should be selectable in the installer)

I'm not sure, but there wasn't an option to install to a drive other than C:\ . . .

cuidaBeja

• Newb
« Reply #7 on: <12-11-20/0947:44> »
I'm having a little trouble with links right now. The link at the top of this post gets a 404. After a bit of poking about though I found the download link though and holy crap this thing is great! You did a great job putting this together and your wife did an amazing job with the pdf exports!

One thing I'm dealing with though is the lack of item descriptions, though I see that it has the ability to load files for that. Is that something I have to whip up myself for copyright concerns?

Oh also I can't find a bug report link that leads me to the right page there, I got 404 from the project management hosting site . . .
Shadowrun may not be the dystopia we want but we should be careful that it's not the one we get . . .

Lethrendis

• Newb
« Reply #8 on: <01-07-21/1145:52> »
I have a little question. In CBR, the price of the control rig is set as the square of Rating x 30,000. In Genesis, it is only Rating x 30,000. What's right?

• Errata Coordinator
  • Prime Runner
« Reply #9 on: <01-07-21/1209:05> »
well, the CRB price is in black and white.

I know the Genesis guy peeks in to the forum here now and again, but not sure how often.  I'll see if I can get his attention.
RPG mechanics exist to give structure and consistency to the game world, true, but at the end of the day, you’re fighting dragons with algebra and random number generators.

Robert

• Newb
« Reply #10 on: <01-07-21/1529:05> »
This is because Genesis currently reflects the German rules (as we are German native speakers). And in German rules, control rig is only rating x 30k, not rating^2 x 30k.
We had assumed the German rules are 100% US rules, just translated and we learn now and then that this is not the case.

We have "let the customer choose if he wants to use US or DE rules" on our task list.

taranion

• Newb
« Reply #11 on: <01-07-21/1538:00> »
Seems I forgot to hit "Send" on my response

I know the Genesis guy peeks in to the forum here now and again, but not sure how often.  I'll see if I can get his attention.

Mission accomplished, SSDR :)

I have a little question. In CBR, the price of the control rig is set as the square of Rating x 30,000. In Genesis, it is only Rating x 30,000. What's right?

This is indeed one of a (fortunately) very few items where the german and the international gear information do not match.
As Robert already noted, the german publisher made an intentional change here and since most of our users are (at the moment at least) german players and we are working closely with the german publisher, Genesis reflects the german price list here at the moment.

But there is a workaround: After adding the Control Rig for the (wrong, with regard to the CRB) price, open it in the edit dialog and increase the amount to match the rating. This way you pay the correct price.
I know this is ugly and having language specific versions of the same piece of gear is on our ToDo-List, but that is all I can offer at the moment.
« Last Edit: <01-07-21/1554:02> by taranion »

• Errata Coordinator
  • Prime Runner
« Reply #12 on: <01-07-21/1618:13> »
You do amazing work! I just wish your l labor of love didn't have to factor in such edition discrepancies.
« Last Edit: <01-07-21/1620:28> by Stainless Steel Devil Rat »

taranion

• Newb
« Reply #13 on: <01-19-21/1729:07> »
Reviving this thread for what it was intended: release notes.

Plugin Version 1.4.4

Just made available in Genesis-Staging  (meaning: its Beta and will become stable, if no new bugs are introduced in this version)

New Feature

[SR6-575] - Support "Collapsing Now" (Adept Power and Gear)

Bug

[SR6-510] - Don't apply modifications from multiple items with vision magnification
    [SR6-556] - Remove strength requirement from bows to enable ki-adept use
    [SR6-567] - Add edgebonus info to voice_modulator
    [SR6-573] - Ignored Martial Arts when checking if there are too many Nuyen left to finish chargen
    [SR6-576] - Add escaping specialization to athletics
    [SR6-577] - Item Updates (hazmat and rigger control)
    [SR6-580] - PDF: Attack Rating on weapons embedded in other items is way too high if char has vision magnification

Improvement

[SR6-490] - On PDF sort "ammunition" by subtypes (ammunition, rockets, missiles, explosives, grenades)

taranion

• Newb
« Reply #14 on: <05-05-21/0423:03> »
Oops, I forgot to post the 1.5.x release (containing "Street Wyrd") here. Sorry

I just released 1.6.0
Details here

Bug
  • SR6-644 Correct attack rating of throwing stars
  • SR6-643 Adept: Metamagic - Power Points adding too many
  • SR6-642 Add levels to berserk power
  • SR6-641 Separate precision strike into variants per weapon category
  • SR6-638 Correct body of Seahawk
  • SR6-637 Correct category for Rolling Clouds
  • SR6-636 Make Tutorsofts visible
  • SR6-632 Correct class for Desert Strike and PJSS Model 75
  • SR6-422 Show Rigger Software on Rigger Page
  • SR6-367 Autosoft "stealth\_auto" is not correctly considered for drones on PDF rigger page
Task

• SR6-635 Implement special rules for "Power Plays" qualities
Improvement

• SR6-646 Add content from Datapuls Marienbad
  • SR6-645 Add content from Schattenload 2021-04 Polizei
  • SR6-634 Qualities from "Power Plays