NEWS

Buying the season 8 missions

• 7 Replies

Mustakrakish

• Newb
« on: <11-25-19/0145:53> »
I ran seasons 5 and 6 to my players and we had a blast. But when I saw that the season 8 missions are not on drivethrurpg, we took a break from Shadowrun. Back in Oct 2018, I asked on the Shadowrun facebook page what is going on and they told me that the last four missions are on their final stages. A year has passed and nothing.

I know that people do run those missions on conventions. Is there any way for me to somehow buy it? I understand that it won't have art and all that. But I and my players would love to return to Chicago and finish the campaign, and I really don't want to wait any longer for them to just move on from their characters.

topcat

• Newb
« Reply #1 on: <11-25-19/0836:22> »
Season 8 and 9 should've both been released by now in their entirety, but... they haven't.  No intent to publish as far as I know, particularly now that they're for an outdated edition.

Beta

• Ace Runner
  • SR1 player, SR5 GM@FtF & player@PbP
« Reply #2 on: <11-25-19/0931:54> »
All of season 7, and missions 1 and 2 of season 8 are on DrivethruRPG ... but that only helps so much.

But there is a sort of back-door approach.  "Chicago Chaos" is a book that was put out for the ShadowRun Anarchy rules set.  Has a bunch of Anarchy goodies, but more importantly for you it has capsule outlines for a campaign in Chicago ... which is basically the Chicago missions.  Slightly altered and much abbreviated (average less than a page each, no details on nuyen or SR stats for foes, no maps, etc, etc).  I'd much rather have the actual missions, but I managed to complete the story arc using what is in Chicago Chaos. 

Also seasons 7 and 8 have much more of a story arc to them, each ending with pretty dramatic finales.
« Last Edit: <11-25-19/0939:00> by Beta »

Mustakrakish

• Newb
« Reply #3 on: <11-25-19/1056:03> »
But this is absurd. Those missions exist, surely there should be a way for me to purchase them. Even if it's the convention version, I really don't mind. Sure if there will be no other option I will take a look at Chicago Chaos, but if there is no plan to publish these missions why hold them away?

I know that they already had art done for the missions and that it was on the final stages of production. I don't think that switching editions have anything to do with this, people are playing old modules with new rules all the time. There's no exception here, I was planning on playing them with the 6e rules as I already purchased the pdf.

If someone from the staff reads this, I and my players would be really grateful if you can do something about this.

Beta

• Ace Runner
  • SR1 player, SR5 GM@FtF & player@PbP
« Reply #4 on: <11-25-19/1107:37> »
But this is absurd. Those missions exist, surely there should be a way for me to purchase them. Even if it's the convention version, I really don't mind. Sure if there will be no other option I will take a look at Chicago Chaos, but if there is no plan to publish these missions why hold them away?

I know that they already had art done for the missions and that it was on the final stages of production. I don't think that switching editions have anything to do with this, people are playing old modules with new rules all the time. There's no exception here, I was planning on playing them with the 6e rules as I already purchased the pdf.

If someone from the staff reads this, I and my players would be really grateful if you can do something about this.

I'm with you  100% on this.  Even having played through the end of the arc I'd buy the missions because I want to see how they were supposed to run.

But it seems that Catalyst has a pretty narrow pipeline for editing and layout, and that that pipeline is clogged with material to support 6th edition :-/    And the longer we go without them being issued, the lower the priority is apt to seem compared to getting out season 9, I'd think ...   So I want to see them, but currently I'm figuring less than 50/50 that I'll ever see an officially published version.

Raizer13

• Newb
« Reply #5 on: <11-26-19/1810:06> »
I too would like to get these too.  I had to end my homebrew Chicago early since they stopped releasing it and just winged it using Anarchy.

Boneguard

• Newb
« Reply #6 on: <11-28-19/1735:44> »
I would also love to be able to get the rest of Season 8 and all available Neo-Tokyo ones. Afterall even if they are 5th edition, they are still usable at home.

Horsemen

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Chummer
« Reply #7 on: <12-26-19/1528:49> »
Hopefully they are still in the works.
Agent #191 Catalyst Demo Team