NEWS

We just ripped off Mr.Johnson

• 7 Replies

Shadowjack

• Errata Team
  • Ace Runner
« on: <12-13-19/1132:09> »
We were hired by a new Mr.Johnson to hack a pre-crash data terminal that somehow still had a valuable file on it. We encountered a really dangerous beast spirit and the system was hairy too. We agreed to 5k per member and our hacker realized the file could be worth a ton. He had it appraised at 300k and since we were mad about the run and pay we decided to sell the file for 300k instead. We've been in hiding for a few months now and are about to come back out to play. First time my group has ripped off Mr.Johnson in all our years of play, should be fun to see how it plays out.
Show me your wallet and I'll show you a man with 20 fingers.

0B

« Reply #1 on: <12-13-19/1822:27> »
Assuming 5 people, Mr. Johnson wasn't even giving you a 10% cut- and that's open market prices, it was probably worth more to whoever Mr. Johnson represented. I'd say they ripped you off first, justifiable, and I hope your GM is evil enough to give you a good challenge! I always like when my players do stuff like that, it makes the plot lines on their own

Shadowjack

• Errata Team
  • Ace Runner
« Reply #2 on: <12-13-19/2008:21> »
It's actually a team of three and the run felt vastly underpaid so we were upset (in character) and decided to screw him back. My character is getting some pretty serious cyberware upgrades, all of a sudden his level of power is going to be considerably higher. I took a risk and made a sort of street samurai type character without any ware, planning to slowly buy it, and this turn of events worked out perfectly for me (so far).

Csjarrat

• Prime Runner
  • UK based GM + player
« Reply #3 on: <12-17-19/0708:05> »
Might be worth investing in some social skills to negotiate better pay too.
Speech
Thought
Matrix
Astral
Mentor

CanRay

• Freelancer
  • Mr. Johnson
  • Spouter of Random Words
« Reply #4 on: <12-17-19/1655:04> »
Might be worth investing in some social skills to negotiate better pay too.
"What's your Negotiation dice pool?"  "Ares Predator VI."  "That's not a...  *Sighs*"
Si vis pacem, para bellum

#ThisTaserGoesTo11

Shadowjack

• Errata Team
  • Ace Runner
« Reply #5 on: <12-17-19/2031:48> »
We have a good negotiator but were led to believe the run was much less dangerous. This is where legwork comes in but my group doesn't always do that because it can be time consuming and they don't always feel like it.

Reaver

• Prime Runner
  • 60% alcohol 40% asshole...
« Reply #6 on: <12-22-19/0211:47> »
If you've been hiding for a few months, you could be fine.

The reach and memory of the Johnson usually doesn't outlive their pocketbook. Meaning, if they think "revenge" is going to cost them too much, they generally just cut their losses.

Of course, the fact your team has been out of action for so long could have an effect too. After all, you haven't been active to help your Rep either.

Either way, keep your head down, your gun loaded, and your ears open :D
Where am I going? And why am I in a hand basket ???

Remember: You can't fix Stupid. But you can beat on it with a 2x4 until it smartens up! Or dies.

Hephaestus

• Omae
  • "Milk Run" is a mighty weird way to spell TPK
« Reply #7 on: <12-26-19/1258:05> »
Sounds like you went through all that drek only to find out someone else had already nabbed the target. Good thing you tracked it to a fence who currently has it...