NEWS

Payday 2?

• 1 Replies

Leevizer

• Omae
« on: <02-18-15/0804:33> »
So, this game is pretty awesome, anyone else play it? I also find it a lot similar to some Shadowruns in terms of what happens, so I can suggest it for everyone who wants a Shadowrun-esque experience from a videogame. Heck, our GM even designed a run or two after the Heists in the game. I must admit that the game's only fun with atleast one friend, preferably three. Not a solo experience, this one.

Also 10 seconds response time for FBI and HTR to arrive to a crime scene after the first gunshot is always a classic.

Namikaze

• Freelancer Ltd
  • Prime Runner
  • I'm a Ma'fan of Shadowrun!
« Reply #1 on: <02-18-15/0952:00> »
Oh yes, I played the bejesus out of this game when it launched.  There is a definite Shadowrun vibe coming from the game, despite not having metahumans, magic, or cybernetics.  It's just the teamwork, the ability to execute a plan flawlessly, and the tension/paranoia factor.  When you're robbing the bank and going for a silent run, you have to keep people outside down on the ground too - nothing spoils it like some knucklehead across the street calling the cops.
Feel free to keep any karma you earned illicitly, it's on us.

Quote from: Stephen Covey
Most people do not listen with the intent to understand; they listen with the intent to reply.