Shadowrun Play > Gamemasters' Lounge

Project Imago doppelganger and bunraku

<< < (3/3)

Wakshaani:
For Renraku, you *mostly* want the assorted corporate books, with a few extras thrown in for good measure.

Corporate Shadowfiles
Corporate Download
Renraku Arcology: Shutdown
Brainscan
System Failure
Corporate Guide
Dirty Tricks
Storm Front
Market Panic
Seattle Sprawl
Better Than Bad
Neo-Anarchist Streetpedia

I think that's both the list of the stuff about the corp in general, and in order, but some of them, like Dirty Tricks, will have relatively minor mentions.

I have also completely blanked on what the 6th ed corporate book is called somehow. Grf. I think I need a nap.

Hobbes:
If they can grow a clone, they obviously have plenty of DNA.  Shadowrun handwaves this kind of thing generally, but clearly the infiltrator can be prepared with "samples".

Or, as you point out, just have the corp hack the security in advance.  "We've managed to slip a bit of code into the security Host, when activated it will replace the target's DNA information with the infiltrator's."  Just as believable as taking a decade to grow and train a clone, and a heck of a lot cheaper. 

And, as Reaver points out, DNA scanners just are not used as routine security.  And luckily, you're the GM, so there doesn't need to be any if you don't want it!  ; )

SINs and ownership and such are built on handwavium and chipping away at them quickly wrecks immersion.  Give the infiltrator a Rating 11 Fake SIN and a splash of hacking to co-opt the occasional personal device temporarily.  Or have the target give up the necessary passwords and access.   

mcv:

--- Quote from: Reaver on ---I'll tell you right now, Renraku and the Yaks have a long, deep and strong relationship..... time to do your homework to find out how and why :D

--- End quote ---

I've been reading the Corporate Guide about this, but it seems that Mitsuhama is the megacorp with very strong Yakuza ties. Renraku seems to have a bit, but not remotely on the level of MCT. Though it seems all Japanacorps have some relationship with the Yakuza.

Reaver:

--- Quote from: mcv on ---
--- Quote from: Reaver on ---I'll tell you right now, Renraku and the Yaks have a long, deep and strong relationship..... time to do your homework to find out how and why :D

--- End quote ---

I've been reading the Corporate Guide about this, but it seems that Mitsuhama is the megacorp with very strong Yakuza ties. Renraku seems to have a bit, but not remotely on the level of MCT. Though it seems all Japanacorps have some relationship with the Yakuza.

--- End quote ---

Keep reading.
Pay attention to their Subdivisions, and subsidraries after the arcology...

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version