NEWS

Powered Armor?

• 62 Replies

freddieflatline

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Omae
« Reply #15 on: <10-26-10/1506:30> »
Eek what have I done.  I think I am just going to mod milspec armor and allow players to add cybermods for now.  Other wise it will get insane.  Besides suits should be relatively light if you want to use them for any sort of military operations that do not involve them needing to walk on runways constantly.

Nomad Zophiel

• Omae
  • Zophiel by name. Nomad by profession.
« Reply #16 on: <10-26-10/1732:51> »
For a slightly less absurd version, use the Mistuhama Tomino. Add a rigger coccoon plus armor, weapons and cyberwear to taste.  Runners on a budget might use any of the Medium walkers instead. The addition of a Rigger coccoon will make them noticably larger than human size but still smaller than the Tomino. Even the Beaver could be converted to something Tachikoma like. Just depends on your definition of power armor.

Usda Beph

• Omae
  • aka Black Angus
« Reply #17 on: <10-27-10/0829:21> »
Ok not a Barghest but a Fenrir is close & it is battle armor ;)

Yeah, I'm A Minotaur! You Gotta Beef with that?
I'm a Minotaur not a bully!
I studied at the Rocky Mountain Culinary School.I specialized in Seafood.
My Dad worked out of el Toro In New Mexico.

hobgoblin

• Omae
  • Panda!
« Reply #18 on: <12-20-10/0337:49> »
I thought this was what one had once one took some military grade armor and added the mobility enhancement.

And if one really want to go crazy, add some articulated weapon arms.
Want to see my flash new jacket?

Kot

• Ace Runner
  • Meaow
« Reply #19 on: <12-20-10/0345:17> »
Erm, guys, look at the armor mods in Augumentation. You have Powered Armor in SR already. At least in the Fallout sense. :)
Just add Mobility Upgrade+Strength Upgrade + other stuff, as gyromounts, hydraulic jacks, foot anchors, and vision/sound based cyberware analogs. And voilà.
Mariusz "Kot" Butrykowski
"Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons for you are crunchy and good with ketchup."

Aaron

« Reply #20 on: <12-20-10/0653:55> »
p. 166, WAR

Sengir

• Omae
« Reply #21 on: <12-20-10/0741:09> »
There's also the Tomino in Arsenal, although that has only limited passenger capacity, necessitating the removal of some superfluous organs...

freddieflatline

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Omae
« Reply #22 on: <12-20-10/1240:09> »
p. 166, WAR

Neat cannot wait to check out the new book.

Mäx

• Ace Runner
« Reply #23 on: <12-20-10/1823:54> »
p. 166, WAR

Just to clarify Aarons all to short comment, that page(nor any page in the book) doesn't contain power armor, just a large combat walker drone that is an end product of one non succeful power armor project.
Desription of witch actually has this to say on the subject "Powered body armor has a reputation as a dead-end research project. Suits with metahuman operators tend to be either powerful but too slow or so quick that the suit injures the pilot."
"An it harm none, do what you will"

freddieflatline

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Omae
« Reply #24 on: <12-22-10/1246:44> »
p. 166, WAR

Just to clarify Aarons all to short comment, that page(nor any page in the book) doesn't contain power armor, just a large combat walker drone that is an end product of one non succeful power armor project.
Desription of witch actually has this to say on the subject "Powered body armor has a reputation as a dead-end research project. Suits with metahuman operators tend to be either powerful but too slow or so quick that the suit injures the pilot."

Interesting, I guess that the folks at Catalyst are looking to keep PA out of Shadowrun.  Cannot really say I blame them.  It is a bit of a game changer.  I still want to play around with the idea of it though, if for no other reason then to scare the crap out of my players.

Morg

« Reply #25 on: <01-09-11/0556:01> »
I still hold up the classic mod up the old Jim Diving Suite

freddieflatline

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Omae
« Reply #26 on: <01-11-11/1216:30> »
"Old Jim Diving Suit?"  Please explain:-)  Thanks!

Morg

« Reply #27 on: <01-11-11/1223:43> »
The Jim Diving suit is a diving exoskeleton that is set up for rigger control it was a great base framework for a fully environmental power armor not sure what book it was in SR4 but it was in Cannon Companion in SR3 It comes with a decent strength and armor ratings

anyone have the book and page number for the SR4 version?

Dahrken

• Newb
« Reply #28 on: <01-11-11/1337:45> »
There is one catch : operating in water helps a lot by offsetting the weight of the suit. On dry land balance and weight are much more problematic.

Dead Monky

• Omae
  • I demand tacos!
« Reply #29 on: <01-11-11/1342:58> »
So no ShadowRun Big Daddies then?  Crap.