NEWS

Dunkelzahn's Will

• 237 Replies

Bull

• Ace Runner
  • Crotchety Old Ork Decker
« Reply #30 on: <11-11-11/0150:48> »
I'll drop him a line, see what he has to say...

(And Dead?  Hehe.  No, he's just over at Green Ronin these days. :))

Xzylvador

• Prime Runner
  • Ask me about NERPS! 30% Sales!
« Reply #31 on: <11-11-11/0341:08> »
Good.  Now go the frag to sleep!

"Go The Frag To Sleep, As Read By: Gary Cline"

That a reference to the "Children's Book" (please, note the quotation marks) by Adam Mansbach? Man that book is good!

Mirikon

• Prime Runner
  • "Everybody lies." --House
« Reply #32 on: <11-11-11/0825:00> »
Y'know, reading back through the will, there were a few things I'm wondering.

To Federated Boeing, the land and mineral rights to the volcanic island that will erupt 301 kilometers due west of Petrolia on October 3rd, 2060.
Did the island ever show up?

To the first party to determine what lies behind the door of room 5B78 of the Aztechnology Pyramid in Tenochtitlán and file a report of their findings on Shadowland, I leave 5 million nuyen or medical care for the remainder of their natural life, whichever seems most appropriate.
What was behind the door?

To the first party to determine what lies behind the door of room 1835 in the Renraku Arcology in Seattle and report their findings to the Draco Foundation, I leave 5 million nuyen.
I know this was mentioned in Shutdown, but did anyone ever claim it?

To the first party to discover what lies behind the door of room 429 of the Saeder-Krupp offices in Berlin and report their findings to Lofwyr, I leave the Arrow of Red Dragon Slaying.
Again, anyone ever claim it?

Greataxe - Apply directly to source of problem, repeat as needed.

My Characters

Wakshaani

• Ace Runner
« Reply #33 on: <11-11-11/0912:23> »

Bull, if you get me that answer, I will owe you *such* a big one.

Seriously. Like, huge.

FastJack

• Administrator
  • Prime Runner
  • Kids these days...
« Reply #34 on: <11-11-11/0918:49> »

To Federated Boeing, the land and mineral rights to the volcanic island that will erupt 301 kilometers due west of Petrolia on October 3rd, 2060.
Yes. Year of the Comet, p. 86. Turns out that when it appeared, it was nothing special. Then when Halley's passed by orichalcum "woke up" all over the island.

To the first party to determine what lies behind the door of room 5B78 of the Aztechnology Pyramid in Tenochtitlán and file a report of their findings on Shadowland, I leave 5 million nuyen or medical care for the remainder of their natural life, whichever seems most appropriate.
What was behind the door?
I remember seeing that it was something about Blood magic, but I can't remember where I saw the tidbit.

To the first party to determine what lies behind the door of room 1835 in the Renraku Arcology in Seattle and report their findings to the Draco Foundation, I leave 5 million nuyen.
I know this was mentioned in Shutdown, but did anyone ever claim it?
This was virtual room set up by the IE Leonardo in the Arcology's Matrix that was monitoring their system for Artificial Intelligence. [Renraku Arcology Shutdown, p. 86] Should be some interesting records in there, considering the SCIRE was the birthplace of Deus and Morgan/Megaera.

To the first party to discover what lies behind the door of room 429 of the Saeder-Krupp offices in Berlin and report their findings to Lofwyr, I leave the Arrow of Red Dragon Slaying.
Again, anyone ever claim it?
Unknown.

Wakshaani

• Ace Runner
« Reply #35 on: <11-11-11/0922:20> »

Yup. FB went in, checked the place out, went, "Well, that was kinda neat, but, whatevs." and bailed, leaving a tiny research team behind. When the Comet flew over, Natural O appeared on the island, but Boeing didn't find out until much later as the team was ganked by a rival corp, who set up a mining operation and WIldcatted the thing. They were eventally chased off, but not until a lot of goodies had been gathered.

After the comet left, the Natural O dried up, making the island pretty much worthless again.

(Edit, as someone else posts faster than me!)

Wakshaani

• Ace Runner
« Reply #36 on: <11-11-11/0930:23> »
Room 1835 does have a nice 'run left in it, depending on the game master. It's kind of a milk run, really, since the Arcology isn't what it used to be. A team that slips in won't have to deal with Renraku Security and an angry AI ... just a bunch of poor SINners and some homeless guys. Well, unless some leftover Deus stuff is still inside, hidden away and still doing experiments. Or if those bug rumors are true. Or if a criminal syndicate has moved in. Or ...

Well, you get the idea.

At any rate, you get in, you find the door, grab the data, then get out. Presenting it to the Draco Foundation winds up in a fun place ... do you get paid out, or do they bone you on the technicality that it's the Seattle SCIRE, not the Renraku Arcology? Then again, if the data *does* have the birth of an AI in it, it's worth far, far more than five million to the right (or wrong!) people. You could even get an AI or a bunch of Technomancers looking to buy it (or jack it) from you in a counter-offer.

Of course, it can also be corrupted or useless, someone else could have beaten you to it, it could be something else entirely (Like it became a baby AI itself and is waiting to make contact with someone to wake it up from the long nap) ... scads of neat stories can come out of it.

But I think that, in terms of official product, it's a dead end at this point.

Bull

• Ace Runner
  • Crotchety Old Ork Decker
« Reply #37 on: <11-11-11/1306:40> »
We

Bull, if you get me that answer, I will owe you *such* a big one.

Seriously. Like, huge.

Well, I know the answer now. 

But I think I'll continue to be a tease... ;)

(Wak, you have mail :))

Wakshaani

• Ace Runner
« Reply #38 on: <11-11-11/2050:24> »
Dude, at this point, you could pull rank on my Best Man, should I ever get married.

That's how much of a solid I owe you, now.

DarkLloyd

• Ace Runner
  • Stupidity this Good takes TEAMWORK.
« Reply #39 on: <12-09-11/1425:54> »
Okay you two....... GIVE!!!!!

No fair hogging all the toy yerselves.  ;)

Or at least send it to me too.  ;D
Runing the shadows since '90
If you can't Dazzle them with STYLE, Riddle them with BULLETS.
"Sometimes we do the right thing.  Sometimes we shoot people in the face for money."-CanRay
"Sometimes those are the same thing."-Mirikon

Missions Characters:
ChromeMonger - Sam
Blanco Diablo - Adept

RelentlessImp

• Chummer
« Reply #40 on: <12-15-11/0644:07> »
Okay you two....... GIVE!!!!!

No fair hogging all the toy yerselves.  ;)

Or at least send it to me too.  ;D

This. I too desire the knowledge. The whole "Rock Meets the Sky" thing has stuck in my head ever since first reading Dunkie's Will. Please share?
Next time you're down on your knees, and you're expecting a slap, it might be me in that mask, and I just might have a bat.
Currently Looking for Work

CanRay

• Freelancer
  • Mr. Johnson
  • Spouter of Random Words
« Reply #41 on: <12-15-11/1146:25> »
OK, we got a bidding war going, who is going to be able to bribe Bull the best???
Si vis pacem, para bellum

#ThisTaserGoesTo11

The_Gun_Nut

• Ace Runner
« Reply #42 on: <12-15-11/1224:43> »
I will give you access to my... creative ...side for Shadowrunning.

Just look at my handle, I think you'll get the idea.
There is no overkill.

Only "Open fire" and "I need to reload."

CanRay

• Freelancer
  • Mr. Johnson
  • Spouter of Random Words
« Reply #43 on: <12-15-11/1314:25> »
Being a fellow Gun Nut, I'll double The_Gun_Nut's offer if I get the same info.  ;D
Si vis pacem, para bellum

#ThisTaserGoesTo11

RelentlessImp

• Chummer
« Reply #44 on: <12-15-11/1422:08> »
Being a fellow Gun Nut, I'll double The_Gun_Nut's offer if I get the same info.  ;D

Well, I can't exactly offer my creative side in that manner because I am horrible when it comes to guns...

...but I'll offer my creative side in the ways I can use it. Want stories written? I'm your man. I can write almost anything. :D
Next time you're down on your knees, and you're expecting a slap, it might be me in that mask, and I just might have a bat.
Currently Looking for Work