NEWS

Sniper in the sky

• 96 Replies

KarmaInferno

• Ace Runner
  • Armor Stacking Cheese Monkey
« Reply #15 on: <09-25-11/2014:12> »
No troll could skipp from building to building and keep a good rate of fire into the Z where as a blimp can switch in combate rounds or just free fly without lining up buildings for fake trajectorys spelled wrong  damit!
Actually, given the jumping rules in SR, that troll might be quite a bit more mobile than you may imagine.

Also, note that removing equipment that comes standard on a vehicle does not actually give you back more modification slots.

You want real cheese? Don't mount the weapon on the flying drone directly. Slap a Barrett into an Arachne Drone. Give the drone the Limited Mobility option to increase it's slots and mod the hell out of it. Then just have it cling to the bottom of a stealth-modded flying drone.

-k
« Last Edit: <09-25-11/2016:59> by KarmaInferno »

kirk

• Omae
« Reply #16 on: <09-25-11/2028:54> »
How the hell do you get the Tower or any other blimp to 30/70 acceleration?

Blimp? no. Rigid or semirigid airship? yes - though it's pushing what we know of the design limits.

The airships of the time were capable of reaching and sustaining 144 kph in short order (for the time). The limitations appeared to be more those of the engines than of the envelope and its support structure.

If the player came to me and said they were going to do this, I'd probably tell them no -- at least, not with the Tower. While it's not using an electric fuel engine (it'd say so, just like the Renraku Stormcloud does), it's still a design issue in conjunction with this type of airframe. Looking at my references (the ones about airships, not Shadowrun) I'd allow it to get turbo 1, but that's about it.

Barskor

• Chummer
« Reply #17 on: <09-25-11/2235:54> »
Well go big or go home as they say.
Thundercloud Contrail racing bike 10 slots page 108 AR 5,000
Lighter than Air 1 slot 2.400
Improved sensor Array1 slot 1,000
Chameleon Coating 2 slots 6,000
Weapon Mount Renforced size External Fixed Flexability 2 slots 4,000 and now I can have an Assault cannon on board
Turbo Charger rating 4 4 slots 240

Handling -1 Acelleration 30/60 or 20/40 Speed 90 Piolt 1 Body 6 Armor 4 Sensors 1

I need to up Piloting Sensor and Gunnery clearsight progs and so on.

Solomon

• Chummer
« Reply #18 on: <09-25-11/2246:00> »
Sadly without a motorcycle gyroscope the thing cant drive itself by RAW if I understand the rules correctly and if you are going to try and gimmick the situation with that ridiculous contraption I would enforce the gyroscope rule.

KarmaInferno

• Ace Runner
« Reply #19 on: <09-26-11/0123:44> »
Why would it need the gyroscope?

The purpose of the gyroscope is to let it self balance on only two wheels.

If it's flying why would that matter?

Also, not thinking big enough. LTA mod on a bus.  :)

-k

Barskor

• Chummer
« Reply #20 on: <09-26-11/0135:01> »
Sadly without a motorcycle gyroscope the thing cant drive itself by RAW if I understand the rules correctly and if you are going to try and gimmick the situation with that ridiculous contraption I would enforce the gyroscope rule.
First go read the rules Second it only needs a gyroscope to remain up right if it remained a motercycle What you and others seem to have a problem with the tranformitve effects that kits have to reshape the basic forms too new purposs.

Sol step back take a deep breath look over what you typed and ask am I a railroader gm?

When you are done adding a kit that takes a shop or facility the whole vehical gets rebuilt to be a new vehical with a new look and shape capable of performing the new tasks asked of them.

Barskor

• Chummer
« Reply #21 on: <09-26-11/0200:57> »
HMm a bus whell lets see A runner home in the sky?
New thread move down move down

CanRay

• Freelancer
  • Mr. Johnson
  • Spouter of Random Words
« Reply #22 on: <09-26-11/0209:22> »
Houseboat in the sky.  Land it out of radar range and just drive it into a marina.  ;D
Si vis pacem, para bellum

#ThisTaserGoesTo11

Solomon

• Chummer
« Reply #23 on: <09-26-11/1940:35> »
Why would it need the gyroscope?

The purpose of the gyroscope is to let it self balance on only two wheels.

If it's flying why would that matter?

Also, not thinking big enough. LTA mod on a bus.  :)

-k

If it is flying why would the turbocharger designed to spin the wheels of the motorcycle faster matter? Once you start taking something apart and turning it into something radically different than it was intended to be in order to try and abuse it's stats without any logical connection there is no respect left. LTA mods on a bus just makes a big blimp, what Barskor is trying to do is make a really fast blimp. Big blimps are not that uncommon an idea, fast blimps are ridiculous and contrary to the intent of the LTA design

Barskor

• Chummer
« Reply #24 on: <09-26-11/2008:44> »
If it is flying why would the turbocharger designed to spin the wheels of the motorcycle faster matter? Once you start taking something apart and turning it into something radically different than it was intended to be in order to try and abuse it's stats without any logical connection there is no respect left. LTA mods on a bus just makes a big blimp, what Barskor is trying to do is make a really fast blimp. Big blimps are not that uncommon an idea, fast blimps are ridiculous and contrary to the intent of the LTA design
Solomon the whole point of all the mods and vehicles in the book Arsenal is for the purpose of making new vehicles out of standard vehicles.
So lets look at the text LTA mods,
Lighter than Air (All): All what you ask? Every vehicle in the book Motercycles included with the Errata of Body 16 or less.

So it is just you with the miss conception that LTAs have to be slow.

Solomon

• Chummer
« Reply #25 on: <09-26-11/2016:28> »
The intent is to personalize and enhance existing vehicles more than making something radically new. It also says that the speed, acceleration and handling are significantly lowered because blimps are slow and not manueverable - within the RWA rules you may be able to do what you propose (still not sure many GMS would let you turbocharge the blimp but that is up to them) but it really seems way out of the grasp of physics and mechanics

Barskor

• Chummer
« Reply #26 on: <09-26-11/2107:00> »
So your opinion the whole book is about personalizing existing vehicles? they have one for that it's called Pimp your Ride and comes in 2 ratings.

Lets look at the various vehicle changing mods and thier requirments to see how restricted they are.
Amphibious Operation Ugrade(All, Groundcraft only)
Assembly Time Improvment (All)
Ballast Tanks (All,Watercraft Only)
Ducted Waterjet (All, Watercraft Only)
Floatation (All,Aircraft Only)
Flying Fox Gliding System ( All, Groundcraft with a body of 12 or less)
Hovercraft Upgrade ( All,Groundcraft Only)

And so on Each one Specifies What kind of vehicles it works on so When an entry reads ALL Gosh darnit I belive it  and your saying that I am takeing advantage and twisting things to suit me I
The intent is to personalize and enhance existing vehicles more than making something radically new. This is your opinion And quite Turrtleish in mine. It also says that the speed, acceleration and handling are significantly lowered because blimps are slow and not manueverable And that is Payed for by accepting the Template and after you Accept that you move on and Further modify to mittagate the loss - within the RWA rules you may be able to do what you propose (still not sure many GMS would let you turbocharge the blimp but that is up to them) but it really seems way out of the grasp of physics and mechanics
If 1940ish tech can make a Zepplin sturdy enough to crusie at 144 kph I think by 2072 we can at lest come close.

Solomon

• Chummer
« Reply #27 on: <09-26-11/2116:26> »
When I say personalize I dont mean fuzzy dice in the mirror I mean the intent is the same as the way you customize your guns. You dont change the overall type of gun or the intent of the gun or even it's main functions, you tweak it to fit your style. Making your bike a speedy getaway vehicle or a heavy armor combat bike, not make it a blimp drone for your sniper rifle. If your GM thinks that is okay, more power to you, to me it seems a cheap manipulation of the rules to try and put a turbocharged motorcycle on a blimp frame and act like it all works in perfect harmony.

Barskor

• Chummer
« Reply #28 on: <09-26-11/2146:32> »
There you go Cheap Manipulation ? You Sir missed the whole point of a third of the Arsenal book

( If your GM thinks that is okay, more power to you, to me it seems a cheap manipulation of the rules to try and put a turbocharged motorcycle on a blimp frame and act like it all works in perfect harmony. )
You missed the point Again It is not a Motercycle it is parts of one that used or discarded and New stuff added till it is a new vehicle in whole not looking like a Frankinstine's bride of crap slaped together.

Coments removed and Solomon I am sorry that I got upset and named called.
« Last Edit: <09-26-11/2238:07> by Barskor »

KarmaInferno

• Ace Runner
« Reply #29 on: <09-26-11/2218:25> »
It is in fact possible to discuss something without resorting to personal attacks and judgements, folks.

I'm not a moderator, but not doing so tends to cause threads to devolve into flamewars and get locked. Which would be a shame since this thread has had some interesting ideas.

-k