• Newb
« on: <01-24-11/1907:44> »
Anyone going to Origins this year?  :)

FastJack

• Administrator
  • Prime Runner
  • Kids these days...
« Reply #1 on: <01-24-11/2149:49> »
Alas, the budget can only afford one convention a year, and this year it's GenCon.

KarmaInferno

• Ace Runner
  • Armor Stacking Cheese Monkey
« Reply #2 on: <01-25-11/0224:34> »
I'm going to Origins.

I used to go to GenCon but they massively screwed over volunteer judges a couple years in a row a while back and I stopped.

-k

Bull

• Ace Runner
  • Crotchety Old Ork Decker
« Reply #3 on: <01-25-11/0311:09> »
I'll be at Origins running things.  Yay me.  *sigh*  (I thought I was out, but they pulled me back in!)

Bull

Mystic

• Freelancer
  • Omae
  • Word Mercenary
« Reply #4 on: <01-25-11/0618:58> »
I live relatively close, Id like to go to a con this year...if I can find crash space in the city, I may just. We shall see.
Bringing chaos, mayhem, and occasionally cookies to the Sixth World since 2052!

"Just because it's easy for you doesn't mean it can't be hard on your clients"-Rule 38, The Seventy Maxims of Maximally Effective Mercenaries, Schlock Mercenary.

KarmaInferno

• Ace Runner
« Reply #5 on: <01-25-11/0808:22> »
I'll be at Origins running things.  Yay me.  *sigh*  (I thought I was out, but they pulled me back in!)

Bull

Wizards. Back when it was still owned and run by Wizards.

After they sold it off I just never ended up going again.

-k

Caine Hazen

• Global Moderator
  • Omae
  • Dumpshocker Emeritus
« Reply #6 on: <01-25-11/1720:43> »
Got this one booked up for vacation as well.  Still gotta find a room though, but I'll be there

Big Bar meet and greet?
If you try and take a cat apart to see how it works, the first thing you have on your hands is a non-working cat~DNA
SRGC 0.3: SR1 SR2 SR3 SR4++ h b+++ B--- D++ UB++ IE+ RN-- fnord DSF++++ W++++ hk+ ri++ m gm++ M--(+) P FP+

topcat

• Newb
« Reply #7 on: <01-25-11/1829:33> »
Absolutely down for a meet-and-greet.  Big Bar is a standard, but there are better places nearby in the Arena District.  Gordon Biersch?

Mystic

• Freelancer
  • Omae
  • Word Mercenary
« Reply #8 on: <01-26-11/2127:19> »
Hell, if its just a bar crawl, I could get away for a day or two (for recovery) for that!
Bringing chaos, mayhem, and occasionally cookies to the Sixth World since 2052!

"Just because it's easy for you doesn't mean it can't be hard on your clients"-Rule 38, The Seventy Maxims of Maximally Effective Mercenaries, Schlock Mercenary.

Teutonic Overlord

• Administrator
  • Omae
« Reply #9 on: <02-03-11/1827:50> »
I'll be there.
Ray Rigel
Former Shadowrun Missions Developer and Event Coordinator
Catalyst Demo Team

CyberNed

• Newb
« Reply #10 on: <02-05-11/0232:45> »
Heh. Totally a local yokel. I will be at Origins even if I must hang out in front of the dealers room with an empty coffee cup begging for spare certified cred...

As an aside I really hate these new captchas...
"Hi, I'm TV's Cyberned. You might remember me from such Exciting shadowruns as 'BTL? WTF!' and 'One, Two, Three, Four, I Declare a Gang War'...

KarmaInferno

• Ace Runner
« Reply #11 on: <02-15-11/1253:44> »
As an aside I really hate these new captchas...

Unfortunately the old ones were getting circumvented by bots too easily.

The most interesting one I have seen was one where you had to manipulate sliders to rotate up pieces of artwork to the proper orientation. There were several orientations where the linework matched up, but were clearly "wrong" as the overall image was still scrambled. So the only way to get the "right" orientation was to be able to make a judgment call on the subject of the art - easy for a human to do, but something I can't see bots being able to do anytime soon.

-k

Bull

• Ace Runner
« Reply #12 on: <02-15-11/1319:18> »
Just a note, I have the events submitted to our Convention Coordinator for CGL.  If all goes as planned, there will be 40+ Shadowrun Missions events, and the first ever Origins Shadowrun Scramble. :)

Bull

KarmaInferno

• Ace Runner
« Reply #13 on: <02-15-11/1334:49> »
Woot!

An excuse to dress up in character, yay!

Although i'm probably doing it as my human Merc. A Pixie costume would be problematic.

-k

Bull

• Ace Runner
« Reply #14 on: <02-15-11/1347:14> »
Feel free to borrow my Pixie Character idea...  Get a 12" GI Joe toy, get some fairy wings for it, put it on your shoulder, and you play the Pixies hired bodyguard (I'd planned to take a Loyalty 6 Contact to be the Bodyguard for the character). 

Isn't your Missions Pixie also a Rigger?  I'm picturing a GI Joe figure with fairy wings riding around on a remote control car now :)

Bull