NEWS

Attributes and chargen

• 5 Replies

Xenon

• Prime Runner
« on: <11-08-19/0744:59> »
As an elf are you allowed to raise your Agility to 7 during chargen using regular attribute points or can I only raise Agility to 6 with regular attribute points but then you must use metatype adjustment points to raise it to 7.

Is the attribute range modified by metatype or by metatype adjustment points?

Hobbes

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Prime Runner
« Reply #1 on: <11-08-19/0905:12> »
I didn't see any explicit restrictions on Attribute points, so I'd say yes you can raise an Elf Agility to 7 with Attribute points.

Xenon

• Prime Runner
« Reply #2 on: <11-08-19/0945:48> »
That is my reading as well, but it makes a lot of sense if it was.

It would level out the difference between human and metahuman.
It would both increase the karma value of metatype priority and also reduce the karma value of attribute priority.
An unarmed troll wannabe would suddenly have to pay a rather steep prioritization price for that extreme strength and body rating. Which is probably a good thing.

I think this might be the intention?
It would also explain why they talk about baseline attribute range of 1-6 rather than just pointing at the metahuman chart.

Hobbes

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Prime Runner
« Reply #3 on: <11-08-19/1013:16> »
I haven't seen anything to indicate that would be the RAI behind Benefit points and Metahuman Priority. 

It's certainly a good house rule if you want to increase the value of Metahuman Priority choices. 

Michael Chandra

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Prime Runner
  • Question-slicing ninja
« Reply #4 on: <11-08-19/1019:44> »
The phrasings don't seem to hint at that intent, and given how SR6 is supposed to be more streamlined, if that restriction were actually intended as non-streamline-restriction I'd expect a far more explicit callout of it. I can understand it as a houserule though.
How am I not part of the forum?? O_O I am both active and angry!

Xenon

• Prime Runner
« Reply #5 on: <11-08-19/1058:18> »
I agree with you both. The question recently came up in this reddit thread:

https://www.reddit.com/r/Shadowrun/comments/dt2zfj/6e_fun_with_numbers_balanced_priority_tables/f6uzox1/