NEWS

Origins thanks

• 14 Replies

lurkeroutthere

• Omae
« on: <06-27-11/0516:59> »
I'll take a quick moment here to thank the players who came to Origins, i hope you all had as much fun playing as I had running for you.

I'll also take a moment on a personal note to thank Bull and Southpaw as well as Jason and all the other CGL folks for all the work they did to make things happen, you guys rock!
"And if the options are "talk to him like a grown up" versus "LOLOLOL murder him in his face until he doesn't come back," I know which suggestion I'm making." - Critias

No team I'm on has ever had a problem with group think.

Onion Man

• Omae
  • Internet is a proper noun, capitalize every time
« Reply #1 on: <06-27-11/0526:53> »
Which tables did you run?  I should probably be thanking you for at least one of the 10 events I got in on.
Description/Narrative
{Thoughts}
"Conversation"
"Voice over commlink"
Code: [Select]
Text over commlinkOrson "Pig" Fletcher

lurkeroutthere

• Omae
« Reply #2 on: <06-27-11/0534:15> »
Strangely enough no, I don't recall running for you at any tables.
"And if the options are "talk to him like a grown up" versus "LOLOLOL murder him in his face until he doesn't come back," I know which suggestion I'm making." - Critias

No team I'm on has ever had a problem with group think.

Onion Man

• Omae
« Reply #3 on: <06-27-11/1641:03> »
Well, we must have interacted during the scramble then...  I was the guy with the skullmask, top hat, and suit coat...
Description/Narrative
{Thoughts}
"Conversation"
"Voice over commlink"

DireRadiant

• SRM FAQ Committee
  • Omae
  • The Dragon Never Sleeps
« Reply #4 on: <06-27-11/1833:43> »
You could identify yourself by your .. ahem, "handle"

Bull

• Ace Runner
  • Crotchety Old Ork Decker
« Reply #5 on: <06-27-11/1838:04> »
Lurker was playing Laurent Naziare during the Scramble :)

Also, I too want to extend my thanks to everyone who came out and played, GMed, watched, helped, and otherwise participated.

We ran 46 events, including the Scramble, and had a total of 272 tickets, which is amazing.  It was a great show, and I'm thankful to have a kickass group of GMs and other helpers, and I'm grateful that we got so many players coming out and having fun.

Now, on to Gen Con!

Bull

Onion Man

• Omae
« Reply #6 on: <06-27-11/1856:38> »
You could identify yourself by your .. ahem, "handle"

I've got the feeling that at the scramble my face was more memorable than my handle.  ;)
Description/Narrative
{Thoughts}
"Conversation"
"Voice over commlink"

Teutonic Overlord

• Administrator
  • Omae
« Reply #7 on: <06-27-11/1914:56> »
I too had a great time running Missions for the players these last few days.  I'm also very, very happy I was able to play in a bunch of missions.

I look so forward to hitting GenCon in just a few weeks and running more Missions!

Thanks to everyone for really making GMing a fun and rewarding experience this year!
Ray Rigel
Former Shadowrun Missions Developer and Event Coordinator
Catalyst Demo Team

Dr. Meatgrinder

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Omae
  • CDT Field Agent (#483)
« Reply #8 on: <06-27-11/1941:19> »
I also had a great time.  Thanks, everyone!

The Scramble was a load of fun, even though I couldn't stand to wear the rubber mask the whole time.  :)  (I was playing Simon Andrews, so I carried around the mask most of the time.)

Raining down divine fury in the form of a F7 fire "angel" (spirit) on the Copycat Killer was cool, as was the nailbiter at the GM table on Saturday night.
Guiding principle for game balance:  Players avoid underpowered stuff and flock to overpowered stuff.
Missions Freelancer (SRM 04-10 Romero & Juliette, SRM 05-01 Chasin' the Wind, SRM 06-06 Falling Angels, PM-02 A Holy Piece of Wetwork)

Bull

• Ace Runner
« Reply #9 on: <06-27-11/1944:23> »
Hehe.  I still love the look on Shaun's face when we got to the meet and found out who are characters were ;)

Bull

Dr. Meatgrinder

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Omae
  • CDT Field Agent (#483)
« Reply #10 on: <06-27-11/2024:25> »
Oh, and the quote of the con, also from the GM Table:

"I'm French-Canadian, I know everything!"  (Shaun, as Laurent Nazaire)
Guiding principle for game balance:  Players avoid underpowered stuff and flock to overpowered stuff.
Missions Freelancer (SRM 04-10 Romero & Juliette, SRM 05-01 Chasin' the Wind, SRM 06-06 Falling Angels, PM-02 A Holy Piece of Wetwork)

Teutonic Overlord

• Administrator
  • Omae
« Reply #11 on: <06-27-11/2114:37> »
Well, I kind of liked "the woman is female"...also Shaun during Super Brawl Sunday.
Ray Rigel
Former Shadowrun Missions Developer and Event Coordinator
Catalyst Demo Team

Mystic

• Freelancer
  • Omae
  • Word Mercenary
« Reply #12 on: <06-28-11/0112:22> »
All I can say is, I had fun and I hope everyone who played at my tables had fun. I'm already planning a return to Origins next year, and maybe Gen-con next year as well.

Bringing chaos, mayhem, and occasionally cookies to the Sixth World since 2052!

"Just because it's easy for you doesn't mean it can't be hard on your clients"-Rule 38, The Seventy Maxims of Maximally Effective Mercenaries, Schlock Mercenary.

nojosecool

• Chummer
  • RE:PWN
« Reply #13 on: <07-02-11/1342:16> »
Where can we find the pictures from Origins?  Awesome con by the way.  I ran ten missions with Onion Man as his gold-teefed hacker brother, and I'm sure I showed up in at least one of them.

Mystic, your tables rocked.

Also, I have to disagree with Bull on the quote of the con.  The French-Canadian joke is good, but I think Galen has him beat.

SPOILER ALERT!

We were playing "Threads from the Past," and one person reached into the big sarcophagus at the end to grab one of the daggers.  Of course, another sarcophagus popped up containing another dessicated elf with thorns sticking out of it or whatever.  We then experimented and took the gold out, which did nothing.  After some discussion, we decided we might as well grab all the daggers too.  Apparently forgetting the fire-breathing zombies that almost killed us only a few rooms ago, we all reasoned that the knives were probably expensive, and besides... "what's the worst thing that could happen?"

Galen snapped us back to reality with a simple, yet important question.  "Hold on... Are we really doing this?  We're taking all the knives?  Are we going full retard?  You NEVER go full retard!  I'm going to stand outside with the gold.  Let me know how this works out for you."

I laughed for days about that one.  "Are we going full retard?"  HA!
This is not Grand Theft Auto, this is Shadowrun.

Bull

• Ace Runner
« Reply #14 on: <07-02-11/1739:19> »