NEWS

Rigger 5 Errata

• 357 Replies

Wakshaani

• Ace Runner
« Reply #315 on: <02-20-17/2030:44> »
That's for the errata team, not me, I'm afraid.

We'll see!

JeremiahRiggs

• Newb
« Reply #316 on: <03-08-17/0620:11> »
Is there a single, comprehensive pdf with all of the errata in one location?

DWC

• Omae
« Reply #317 on: <03-08-17/1455:09> »
Are we going to see the "Core Vehicle Modifications" list on Pg155 updated to include the vehicles from Stolen Souls?  And are we going to see the stats for the vehicles in Stolen Souls updated to bring them in line with thematically similar vehicles in Core and R5?  Or should the listings in R5 all be updated to include the 1.5 multiplier from the table in Stolen Souls?

blayz001

• Newb
« Reply #318 on: <03-08-17/1744:54> »
The BMW Teufelkatze (Pg71) lists for standard equipment "Signature Dampening."  The flavor text did not provide contextual clues other than the word "electronic."  There is no "Signature Dampening" listed in the modification rules.  There are, however, 2 mods that it could possibly mean: Signature Masking, or Electromagnetic Shielding.  The only contextual clue is the lack of a listed rating (Signature Masking is available in Ratings). 
Does the German Edition provide any insight?
Edit: My initial post incorrectly labeled one mod as "Signal Dampening."
« Last Edit: <03-09-17/1346:46> by blayz001 »

SlashXVI

• Newb
« Reply #319 on: <03-09-17/1859:46> »
The BMW Teufelkatze (Pg71) lists for standard equipment "Signature Dampening."  The flavor text did not provide contextual clues other than the word "electronic."  There is no "Signature Dampening" listed in the modification rules.  There are, however, 2 mods that it could possibly mean: Signature Masking, or Electromagnetic Shielding.  The only contextual clue is the lack of a listed rating (Signature Masking is available in Ratings). 
Does the German Edition provide any insight?
Edit: My initial post incorrectly labeled one mod as "Signal Dampening."

It does. The entry for the Teufelskatze in the german book:

Standardausstattung: Diebstahlsicherung 3, Signaturmaskierung 2, Spezialausrüstung (FlashTech in Frontscheinwerfern und Rücklichtern)
Spielinformationen: Das FlashTech-System funktioniert wie ein Flash-Pack (SR5, S. 437) mit 10 Ladungen pro Scheinwerfer bzw. Rücklicht. Statt des normalen Elektroschocksystems hat die Diebstahlsicherung ein Flammenwerfersystem, das jeden in Brand setzt, der sich an dem Fahrzeug zu schaffen macht. Der Flammenwerfer verursacht 10K Schaden mit DK -6 und hat 10 Ladungen. Das Nachfüllen kostet 500 ¥.

Which translates to:
Standard Equipment: Anti-Theft System 3, Signature masking 2, special equipment (FlashTech in front and rear facing lights)
game information: The FlashTech-System works like a Flash-Pack with 10 charges per light. Instead of the usual electroshock system, the Anti-Theft system is equiped with a flamethrower, that will incinerate everyone that tries to temper with the car. The flamethrower has a DV of 10P with -6AP and has 10 charges. Refills are 500¥.

JeremiahRiggs

• Newb
« Reply #320 on: <03-14-17/1539:03> »
Rigger 5.0 Page 167

"PILOT ENHANCEMENT
More than just another program, vehicle Pilot programs are some of the most sophisticated software programs
in use today. Enhancing a drone’s Pilot program takes more than just loading a new program: select chips
on the hardware set are replaced and upgraded, new communication channels are installed to enhance information gathering, and control systems are upgraded to provide improved sensitivity and additional maneuvering options. Unlike other modifications, the Pilot enhancement replaces the Pilot Rating of the vehicle, rather than adding to its existing Rating. A Pilot program can have a Rating of 1 to 9"

It switches from talking about Vehicles to Drones in the second sentence.  It then lists the max rating for Pilot Programs as 9.  And this is only the most recent and a relatively minor point of confusion.

I am sorry, but I am finding it impossible to play this game due to the seemingly endless errata, ambiguity and rules contradictions. 

At some point, you have to stop selling these books.  Stop printing them.  Stop selling them.  And go back and fix them.

« Last Edit: <03-14-17/1643:50> by Patrick Goodman »

Patrick Goodman

• Errata Team
  • Ace Runner
  • Fixing the fixless since 2016
« Reply #321 on: <03-14-17/1646:41> »
Please make more of an effort in the future to put your errata issues in the proper thread, JeremiahRiggs. Makes it a lot easier to deal with.

And, for the record, errata is, in fact, the process of fixing the books, so we're working on your request. Thank you for taking the time to point this problem out to us.
Former Shadowrun Errata Coordinator

Fabe

• Omae
« Reply #322 on: <03-15-17/1015:38> »
Rigger 5.0 Page 167

"PILOT ENHANCEMENT
More than just another program, vehicle Pilot programs are some of the most sophisticated software programs
in use today. Enhancing a drone’s Pilot program takes more than just loading a new program: select chips
on the hardware set are replaced and upgraded, new communication channels are installed to enhance information gathering, and control systems are upgraded to provide improved sensitivity and additional maneuvering options. Unlike other modifications, the Pilot enhancement replaces the Pilot Rating of the vehicle, rather than adding to its existing Rating. A Pilot program can have a Rating of 1 to 9"

It switches from talking about Vehicles to Drones in the second sentence.  It then lists the max rating for Pilot Programs as 9.  And this is only the most recent and a relatively minor point of confusion.

I am sorry, but I am finding it impossible to play this game due to the seemingly endless errata, ambiguity and rules contradictions. 

At some point, you have to stop selling these books.  Stop printing them.  Stop selling them.  And go back and fix them.

Funny,my physical copy says the ratings go from 1 to 6. Are you using  a PDF copy and have you been updating it?

skuben

• Newb
« Reply #323 on: <08-25-17/0144:58> »
Where can I find the Rigger 5 Errata to download it?

Thanks Chummers

&#24525;

« Reply #324 on: <08-25-17/0724:12> »
Noooooooowwwwhhhheeeerrrreeeeee *Western whistling*

DWC

• Omae
« Reply #325 on: <09-01-17/1116:14> »
Several places in Rigger 5 mention Ares releasing vehicles under its Dodge brand.  When did Chrysler-Nissan sell Dodge and why would Sony give up a brand that valuable?

Kong

• Newb
« Reply #326 on: <01-09-18/0055:13> »
“As such, if you wanted, you could use the Drone rates (Ground = 30 KPH, Rotor = 60 KPH, Jet = 600 KPH, Water = 15 KPH) * Speed to get a 'realistc' speed.”
Here are 4 kinds of drone rates,but I find the “P” rate in some drones.So whats the P and how fast it?

Jack_Spade

• Prime Runner
« Reply #327 on: <01-09-18/0446:23> »
P=Propeller and therefore identical to R=Rotor
talk think matrix

To strive, to seek, to find and not to yield
Revenant Kynos Isaint Rex

Kong

• Newb
« Reply #328 on: <01-09-18/0739:33> »
P=Propeller and therefore identical to R=Rotor
Ok,thanks,chummer.But how fast the "P"? I know W、R、G、J. But how about P?

Jack_Spade

• Prime Runner
« Reply #329 on: <01-09-18/0851:11> »
Rotor=Propeller=60km/h
talk think matrix

To strive, to seek, to find and not to yield
Revenant Kynos Isaint Rex