NEWS

Attitude PDF now on sale! Print version on its way!

• 55 Replies

JM_Hardy

• Administrator
  • Omae
« on: <03-15-11/1829:16> »
So--you want to know which music acts are hot right now in the Sixth World? Which BTLs are burning holes into people's brains? How about the different organizations looking to sign up runners as members? Maybe you want an update on the sports of the Sixth World, along with some of the hottest teams and players? Do you want all that, with a nice helping of avant-garde fashion? Then you want Attitude, which is out now in PDF form. You can buy the PDF, pre-order the print book, or buy the print/PDF combo on the Battleshop, or buy the PDF on Drivethrurpg. Want more info? Here's some back cover copy for you:

Eat 'Em Up, Spit 'Em Out!

They can have their offices, their paychecks, their 2.2 kids and their robot-trimmed lawns. Screw ‘em. They trudge through life, doing what other people tell them to do, never having an original thought, burying themselves so deep down inside they might never come out.

You’re not them. The world’s not giving you anything, so you’re going to take what you can get. You’re on the streets, on your own. Maybe you’re helping an orxploitation band shoot to the top, maybe you’re climbing up the street brawl ladder, or maybe you’re getting famous just for being you. Whatever you do, you’ll do it your way, because dying always beats selling out.

Attitude helps shadowrunners live the untethered life by giving them the lowdown on music, entertainment, sports, and other scenes where they can make their mark without selling their soul. A repository of Sixth World culture along with a treasury of new ways to run in the shadows, Attitude is an indispensable resource for all Shadowrun players.

Jason H.
Jason M. Hardy
Shadowrun Line Developer

"The thing is, I’m serious about what I do, and the people with whom I associate are serious about what they do. We’re all serious people. Look, I can even make a serious face. See?" --Quinn Bailey

FastJack

• Administrator
  • Prime Runner
  • Kids these days...

hobgoblin

• Omae
  • Panda!
« Reply #2 on: <03-15-11/1838:29> »
The preview looks really promising :D

edit: oh, and did Fastjack just spoof the cover comments in the introduction text?!
« Last Edit: <03-15-11/1857:16> by hobgoblin »
Want to see my flash new jacket?

Critias

• Freelancer
  • Prime Runner
  • Company Elf
« Reply #3 on: <03-15-11/1905:17> »
*steeples his fingers*

Excellent, Smithers.

Pathica

• Newb
  • Eats paint chips
« Reply #4 on: <03-15-11/2104:33> »
*Giddy*  ;D
~There is no gravity, the world just sucks.~

FastJack

• Administrator
  • Prime Runner
  • Kids these days...

EmperorPenguin

• Newb
« Reply #6 on: <03-15-11/2135:38> »
I can really see this one setting off the imagination.  Anything that helps draw a clearer picture in the mind of what the 2070s are like is definitely worth a read.

In fact, I want to read it right now but I will be patient and wait for the print copy.

JM_Hardy

• Administrator
  • Omae
« Reply #7 on: <03-15-11/2204:37> »
BWAH-HAHAHAHAHAHA!

Attitude, p. 31.

Errata corrected, sirs!

It wasn't errata--this is a long-term plan spooling its way out. Note FastJack's comments on the login pages of both War! and Attitude …

Jason H.
Jason M. Hardy
Shadowrun Line Developer

"The thing is, I’m serious about what I do, and the people with whom I associate are serious about what they do. We’re all serious people. Look, I can even make a serious face. See?" --Quinn Bailey

CanRay

• Freelancer
  • Mr. Johnson
  • Spouter of Random Words
« Reply #8 on: <03-15-11/2211:32> »
NetCat and Slamm-0s Baby grew up so fast, already hacking FastJack!

And I think I was just insulted on page 20.
Si vis pacem, para bellum

#ThisTaserGoesTo11

Crimsondude

• Freelancer
  • Prime Runner
« Reply #9 on: <03-15-11/2255:05> »
I had so much fun helping to proof this book it is a delight that it is finally out for everyone else to enjoy.

It figures that this article ("ELECTRONIC GEAR: Nokia – The AK-47 of Cell Phones") was posted the same day Attitude hits the web since it's pretty much in the same vein as Attitude -- helping operators get the job done and then surviving their downtime. I actually made some recommendations to drafts based on material I read on DVM and talking to the folks who pointed me towards it.
« Last Edit: <03-15-11/2322:37> by Crimsondude »

FastJack

• Administrator
  • Prime Runner
  • Kids these days...
« Reply #10 on: <03-15-11/2344:32> »
BWAH-HAHAHAHAHAHA!

Attitude, p. 31.

Errata corrected, sirs!

It wasn't errata--this is a long-term plan spooling its way out. Note FastJack's comments on the login pages of both War! and Attitude …

Jason H.
I figured as much, just giving out kudos for not "ruining" the surprise when we were thinking it was a mistake. ;)

Ryo

• Ace Runner
« Reply #11 on: <03-16-11/0112:02> »
Nice, this is a pretty sweet book. I'm gonna spend the next few days reading this puppy from cover to cover!

CanRay

• Freelancer
  • Mr. Johnson
  • Spouter of Random Words
« Reply #12 on: <03-16-11/0159:53> »
Slowly working my way through it, and realized that we don't see much written BY FastJack himself.  (And worried about his Daughter, eh?  Hm, I wonder where that idea came from.).

Anyhow, reading it, I can't help but picture Spider Jerusalem sitting down in his easy chair, telling the TV Wall to "Entertain Me" while stroking "That Damned Cat".

All he needs now is a Bowel Disruptor.
Si vis pacem, para bellum

#ThisTaserGoesTo11

Kontact

• Prime Runner
  • You called?
« Reply #13 on: <03-16-11/0254:16> »
Gotta say I like it.

'Gratz

machineiv

• Freelancer
  • Newb
« Reply #14 on: <03-16-11/0640:27> »
And I think I was just insulted on page 20.

Nah. It wasn't you. Promise.
-David A Hill Jr
Freelance Writer. Game Designer.
http://www.machineageproductions.com/