NEWS

Into the Chaos - Meet the Knights [IC]

• 348 Replies

gilga

• Prime Runner
« Reply #315 on: <09-11-15/0436:05> »
@Maxwell - as project over the astral you see hundreds, no perhaps thousends of shipping containers and wooden crates. It is not difficult to spot the crate you are looking for. Physical things appear blurred but the deepweed it is appears real in the astral and glows with many colors. You can also spot several groups of guards patrolling the perimeter to prevent the exact kind of burglary you are going to attempt.

Back on the physical plane, we are talking about a fenced flat and barely lit cargo hall, with a maze of shipping containers and crates. Security cameras seem to be present in many of the angles, but relative to the area they cover the number of patrolling guards is minimal.

@Serge, You feel safer with two spirits manifesting and looking at you in the astral. That said, after an hour or so, some of the security camera's suddenly go offline. You find yourself completely blind into both the west and the north sides of the building.  Something is going on you can almost feel it.

« Last Edit: <09-11-15/0440:34> by gilga »

Mulcarn

• Omae
« Reply #316 on: <09-11-15/0508:38> »
"Bingo, there's my drugs.  I just need to get past all these motherfuckers and electric eyes, then its smooth sailing."  Once Maxwell was done surveying the place he tried to hide himself with arcane stealth.

[spoiler]Force 6 Improved Invisibility: 11d6t5 4
Drain Resist: 11d6t5 5
Drain fully resisted

Due to the Background Count the power of the spell is reduced by 2.  So everything gets a -2 to Perception instead of -4.
Going to sustain it as well.[/spoiler]

Pleased with the outcome of his spell, Maxwell tries to zig-zag past the guards and cameras to the deep-weed as quietly and stealthily as possible.

[spoiler]Sneak Test: 5d6t5 1
Edge Re-roll: 4d6t5 2
Bad Luck: 1d6 4
Bad Luck averted
Total Sneak Hits = 3[/spoiler]
Speech|Thoughts|Matrix|Whisper|Astral|Descriptors and Narrative

gilga

• Prime Runner
« Reply #317 on: <09-11-15/0520:16> »
@Maxwell you can keep the 4 hits , background count just reduce the dice, but I need somthing to go over the fence.

Mulcarn

• Omae
« Reply #318 on: <09-11-15/0533:38> »
Maxwell reached the fence but to his dismay he was not the best climber or the most athletic.  Deciding to give it a shot, he did his damnedest to scale the fence.

[spoiler]Gymnastics: 3d6t5 1
I thought Background count also messes with the power of sustained spells and foci.
Actually I failed that roll and got 0 Hits.  Forgot to factor in the sustain from my invisibility.[/spoiler]
« Last Edit: <09-11-15/0536:32> by Mulcarn »

gilga

• Prime Runner
« Reply #319 on: <09-11-15/0552:36> »
@Maxwell You are obviously not skilled enough to climb on that fence, you'll have to find another way.

Mulcarn

• Omae
« Reply #320 on: <09-11-15/0615:30> »
Maxwell curses his bad luck and tries to think of a new plan to get through.  Looking at one guard patrol to the next, he decides it might be easier if he could just take over one of the rent-a-cop's mind and walk him over to the stash.  Calling upon dark power, Maxwell tries to probe and command one of the minds of a nearby guard.

[spoiler]Force 6 Control Actions: 9d6t5 5
Drain Resist: 11d6t5 3
I take 2S damage.[/spoiler]

gilga

• Prime Runner
« Reply #321 on: <09-11-15/0631:09> »
@Maxwell - the guard's feeble mind is no match for your magical skill and you control him like a puppet.
[spoiler]
Resit mind manipulationn: 8d6t5 1
[/spoiler]

Mulcarn

• Omae
« Reply #322 on: <09-11-15/0646:14> »
Pulling astral strings of control on the guard, Maxwell does his best to manipulate the body of his meat puppet.  Giving commands through the astral to his new pawn, Maxwell has the guard causally walk to the crate with the stuff.  Doing his best to look inconspicuous and using slow steady movements.  After what feels like an eternity the sock puppet finally arrives at the spot.  Without attracting too much attention, Maxwell has the guard use some sleight-of-hand to lift the drugs.

[spoiler]Guard Palming Thing: 8d6t5 2[/spoiler]

gilga

• Prime Runner
« Reply #323 on: <09-11-15/0757:13> »
@Maxwell the guard picks up some deep-weed and nobody seem to have noticed his odd behavior. He pockets it in his pocket, all that's left is to make the delivery.

[spoiler]
If you want him to deliver you the weed it is stealth for you and palming for him.
You do not know it IC but I already rolled and it seems like you are going to get it out.
Perception: 6d6t5 0
[/spoiler]

After a few tense moments the guard pocket you with not one but two dosages of deep-weed. Time to get out of there before that guard breaks free from the spell. Afterwards, Maxwell knows that the guard will know what happened and will resent it very much, he wants to be as far away from there as possible when that happens.

Mulcarn

• Omae
« Reply #324 on: <09-11-15/0814:56> »
"Now who is the Sovereign?  I am the Sovereign!  I can save that vegetable's life, get paid, and smoke some good shit afterwards.  All I got to do now is race over to the school real quick and have Serge whip up a cure or cocktail or something."  A giant devilish grin is drawn across Maxwell's face as he leaves the dock grounds.  Once he was far enough away, he severed whatever astral ties that bound the guard's mind to his.  Leaving that fool to answer for his actions. 

Some decent headway was made and it shouldn't be long until Maxwell arrives to help Serge.  "It seems like I was worrying over nothing.  Once all this is taken care of, I got to hunt down and end Venom's life.  And maybe I can fight some undead or some other cool shit!"

[spoiler]I have no idea how long it'll take before Sovereign arrives at the school from the dock.[/spoiler]
« Last Edit: <09-11-15/0816:51> by Mulcarn »

gilga

• Prime Runner
« Reply #325 on: <09-11-15/0914:10> »
@Maxwell - As you arrive back the place look different. The drones are gone, and it seems as if the electricity was cut out for that building. There is still a bit of light, probobly an emergency battery but other than that the building is very dark.
[spoiler]
Roll perception
[/spoiler]

Crossbow

• Prime Runner
« Reply #326 on: <09-11-15/1006:26> »
Devon is not one to go where he obviously isn't wanted, but instead heads home and checks in with his people to see if anyone turned up anything on Ivory Tower and this rumble of activity in the Barrens.

Mulcarn

• Omae
« Reply #327 on: <09-11-15/1031:26> »
Something is askew and Maxwell is determined to find out what.

[spoiler]Perception: 11d6t5 5
I'm going to go out on a limb here and say i'm no longer invisible.[/spoiler]

gilga

• Prime Runner
« Reply #328 on: <09-11-15/1042:17> »
Maxwell, even through the dark you spot small holes that were drilled into the building. They are filled with some white material that you cannot place, and are connected with some almost invisible wire to each other.

Mulcarn

• Omae
« Reply #329 on: <09-11-15/1104:19> »
It didn't take long before Maxwell started connecting the dots.  Those are definitely explosives, probably going to be used to blow an entrance to the ganger hideout.  Maxwell didn't waste any time trying to warn Serge.

@Serge - <<"Bombs wired at the school.  Prepare for blitzkrieg tactics.">>

"Dammit if I rush in there now I risk being blown to pieces.  But if I wait to long I also risk losing my paycheck."  Ultimately Maxwell decides it would be best if he had some magical haste.

[spoiler]Force 4 Increase Reflexes: 11d6t5 3 Going to sustain that.
Drain Resist: 11d6t5 5 Drain fully resisted
I should have +3 and 1d6 extra initiative. [/spoiler]

As the spell fuels Maxwell's body with increased speed he makes his way into the school through the front.  Heading back to the hideout.