NEWS

Best Assault Rifle

• 139 Replies

Novocrane

• Ace Runner
« Reply #15 on: <01-04-16/0349:04> »
Unless an option is stated as integral (and some are) it takes up a slot otherwise there's no reason to buy guns that aren't already modded
Well, there is this from core;

Mounts: There are several places where a weapon accessory can be attached to a firearm: underbarrel, barrel, or top-mount. Only one accessory can be attached to a particular mount. Integral accessories (those that come with the weapon) don’t take up mount locations.

Hold-outs don’t have mounts. Pistols, machine pistols, and SMGs do not have an underbarrel mount, just top and barrel mounts. All rifles and heavy weapons have all three types of mounts. Projectile weapons can only take accessories designed for them specifically.

Unless Run & Gun has invalidated any portion of this, as opposed to adding Side / Internal / Stock to it, I believe it still stands.

Adamo1618

« Reply #16 on: <01-04-16/0522:12> »
partial to the colt m23 cheap as hell mod from the ground up you can buy several of these for the price of one of the others
It's just so bad. When you bring an AR, it's because you're there to wreck security. The M23 is too weak, imo.

Kincaid

• Freelancer
  • Prime Runner
« Reply #17 on: <01-04-16/0637:26> »
Unless an option is stated as integral (and some are) it takes up a slot otherwise there's no reason to buy guns that aren't already modded
Well, there is this from core;

Mounts: There are several places where a weapon accessory can be attached to a firearm: underbarrel, barrel, or top-mount. Only one accessory can be attached to a particular mount. Integral accessories (those that come with the weapon) don’t take up mount locations.

Hold-outs don’t have mounts. Pistols, machine pistols, and SMGs do not have an underbarrel mount, just top and barrel mounts. All rifles and heavy weapons have all three types of mounts. Projectile weapons can only take accessories designed for them specifically.

Unless Run & Gun has invalidated any portion of this, as opposed to adding Side / Internal / Stock to it, I believe it still stands.

Yeah, I'd rather see Integral as a separate slot (probably for Internal-only accessories, I'd have to look that over) that players can't mod.  So the laser sight on the Enfield is actually in the top slot and the Raiden's Integral and Internal slots are taken up with its smartlink and electronic firing.
Killing so many sacred cows, I'm banned from India.

gradivus

• Ace Runner
« Reply #18 on: <01-04-16/1017:29> »
HK–227: The SMG of choice for many corporate and
military security forces, the HK–227 boasts a retractable
stock, smartgun system, and integral sound suppressor.

,emphasis mine>

This isn't the only weapon with multiple accessories but specifically spells out one as integral.
If you read the mount definition in Core as meaning any accessory which comes with the weapon then why use the word 'integral' with the above sound suppressor.

My contention is that the mount definition was just poorly worded.
An accessory is only 'integral' if it says so.
Otherwise it takes up a slot.

To look a it otherwise is to allow illogical combinations.
"Speech" Thought >>Matrix<< Astral

bdyer

• Chummer
« Reply #19 on: <01-04-16/1042:56> »
Key word there is install.  Accessories that come with guns are integral as opposed to installed and don't consume slots.  So the laser sight on the Enfield AS-7 that's described as "top-mounted" isn't actually in the top slot.  And that's how you end up with double scoped/double shock padded rifles.  Hopefully, any sane GM would point out that Shadowrun doesn't lend itself to pedantic readings and thwack the offending player with the rulebook.  (Although a gun with two scopes is technically possible--Google "most tactical AR-15 ever" for a laugh.)

More concretely, there are mods like electronic firing that don't seem to be in the right slot, slots (like side) that aren't clearly defined (do light pistols have a side mount?), weapons with conflicting mods (Ingram Smartgun), and guns, like the Raiden, with an excess of options that seem to be both integral and internal.

I have to disagree with you.
Unless an option is stated as integral (and some are) it takes up a slot otherwise there's no reason to buy uns that aren't already modded since by your interpretation I could get the Ares Alpha and install a second underbarrel option- I'll pick flamethrower to go along with that grenade launcher please. And the Ingram has two barrel accessories already so why not add a third?

I want this

http://www.imfdb.org/wiki/File:ZF-1_500.jpg

Novocrane

• Ace Runner
« Reply #20 on: <01-04-16/1044:10> »
Hmm. Yeah, that works for me as an interpretation.

On topic, best assault rifle to be shot at with? SBd-44. If you know it's going to happen beforehand, saw off the barrel and remove the stock.

gradivus

• Ace Runner
« Reply #21 on: <01-04-16/2054:27> »
Hmm. Yeah, that works for me as an interpretation.

On topic, best assault rifle to be shot at with? SBd-44. If you know it's going to happen beforehand, saw off the barrel and remove the stock.

:)
"Speech" Thought >>Matrix<< Astral

BetaCAV

• Omae
  • 2-legged devil rat
« Reply #22 on: <01-05-16/2359:11> »
« Last Edit: <01-06-16/0001:52> by BetaCAV »

adzling

« Reply #23 on: <01-06-16/0009:43> »
I'd buy it

I'd buy Kincaid's Gun Shop.  Just sayin.

And, yeah.  Ingram Smartgun with Silencer and Gas Vents.  Er.  wat?  I love the double padded guns.  That's solid right there.

Mystic

• Freelancer
  • Omae
  • Word Mercenary
« Reply #24 on: <01-06-16/0116:03> »
Gonna make the case for the Nissan Optimum II.

Maybe not the hardest hitting, with the under-barrel shotgun and a bullpup design it's a CQB BEAST. And one can transition from close-quarters to open field combat without missing a beat. Comes with integral shock pad and smargun system, it's not cheap, but it's not the most expensive. Toss on a few choice mods and you got a great bang-bang.
Bringing chaos, mayhem, and occasionally cookies to the Sixth World since 2052!

"Just because it's easy for you doesn't mean it can't be hard on your clients"-Rule 38, The Seventy Maxims of Maximally Effective Mercenaries, Schlock Mercenary.

Kincaid

• Freelancer
  • Prime Runner
« Reply #25 on: <01-06-16/0700:10> »
Gonna make the case for the Nissan Optimum II.

Maybe not the hardest hitting, with the under-barrel shotgun and a bullpup design it's a CQB BEAST. And one can transition from close-quarters to open field combat without missing a beat. Comes with integral shock pad and smargun system, it's not cheap, but it's not the most expensive. Toss on a few choice mods and you got a great bang-bang.

Someone needs to add breaching rounds and I'm sold.
Killing so many sacred cows, I'm banned from India.

Herr Brackhaus

• Prime Runner
« Reply #26 on: <01-06-16/0704:00> »
I'd actually vote for a weapons system like the XM30 or the Steyr AUG; not only do you get a decent assault rifle but it's also modular in that in can be equipped with an under-barrel shotgun or grenade launcher, and you can configure it as a Carbine (more concealable, less range) for when you don't want the cops called immediately.

Systems like that are also king for drone weapons; a single Targeting (XM30) Autosoft can be utilized across all drones regardless of configuration, so while the weapon itself is expensive you don't have to buy expensive Autosofts repeatedly. And since all configurations use the same ammunition the supply chain situation is relatively straight forward.

Jack_Spade

• Prime Runner
« Reply #27 on: <01-06-16/0735:55> »
The Nissan Optimum II is pretty meh.

You get pretty much the same with an AK-97 (950¥) with an underbarrel shotgun  (600¥) an external Smartlink (200¥), shock pad 50 and a personalized grip (100¥) for a total of 1900¥ without it being forbidden.
talk think matrix

To strive, to seek, to find and not to yield
Revenant Kynos Isaint Rex

Medicineman

• Ace Runner
« Reply #28 on: <01-06-16/0750:31> »
The Nissan Optimum II is pretty meh.

You get pretty much the same with an AK-97 (950¥) with an underbarrel shotgun  (600¥) an external Smartlink (200¥), shock pad 50 and a personalized grip (100¥) for a total of 1900¥ without it being forbidden.
especially the name.( and its an ugly Gun too)
shouldn't it be NITAMA Optimum ?
since  I has been a Nitama and if it's a II it should be a Nitama roo

wit a Dance II
Medicineman
http://english.bouletcorp.com/2013/08/02/the-long-journey/
---------------------------------------------------
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h1V7fi5IqYw
---------------------------------------------------
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-RYlAPjyNm8

Rift_0f_Bladz

• Ace Runner
  • Go big or DIE
« Reply #29 on: <01-06-16/1827:06> »
Now that I think about it, the XM30 is a great drone weapon. Multiple weapon options all in one gun. Not as good a weapon for runners due to it using 3 skills for full effect. Drones only needs one. And the Rigger only needs gunnery.
Quote- Mirikon on 7/30/2019 at 08:26:51
Agreed. This looks like a 'training wheels' edition, that you can use to introduce someone to the setting, and then shift over to something like 5E or 4E. Like how D&D 5E is best used as training wheels for D&D 3.X.

Turned in Toxshaman for ¥1 million/4 once.