NEWS

Companion Software like D&D Beyond

• 8 Replies

Dreamerofdays

• Newb
« on: <08-22-19/0927:13> »
Has any announcement been made by Catalyst in regards to an official companion software/app similar to D&D Beyond?

I really like the world, but no one I know wants to bother getting on board because they've become too accustomed to D&D5e. I think an official companion software would make it a lot easier for my group to get involved and manage everything...

Bamce

• Omae
« Reply #1 on: <08-22-19/1018:51> »
“No”

Herolab is suppose to be updated to 6e, it currently supports 5e.

Chummer is a fan software that also serves character creation needs

FastJack

• Administrator
  • Prime Runner
  • Kids these days...
« Reply #2 on: <08-22-19/1019:41> »
Herolab Online (not Classic) will be the "official" platform for Shadowrun 6E character generation.

Dreamerofdays

• Newb
« Reply #3 on: <08-22-19/1240:03> »
“No”

Herolab Online (not Classic) will be the "official" platform for Shadowrun 6E character generation.

I've used those before to make a character, but I meant more for use during the game. A system to have all the reference materials, ability to add equipment/effects, track health, temporary bonuses/edge, create homebrew, etc. Namely something to do all the math automatically for ability scores and skills.

I'd throw down cash for a subscription.

FastJack

• Administrator
  • Prime Runner
  • Kids these days...
« Reply #4 on: <08-22-19/1315:03> »
Ummm... You've never used Hero Lab in a game before? Because it does all that.

The Tekwych

• Omae
« Reply #5 on: <08-22-19/1619:15> »
HL Classic can do all that and do it well. HL Online claims it will do all that but the current system has major holes
SR 6 Will only be supported in HL Online and even then not until Q4 2019 or Q1 2020 at the earliest

markelphoenix

• Omae
« Reply #6 on: <08-23-19/0703:28> »
“No”

I've used those before to make a character, but I meant more for use during the game. A system to have all the reference materials, ability to add equipment/effects, track health, temporary bonuses/edge, create homebrew, etc. Namely something to do all the math automatically for ability scores and skills.

I'd throw down cash for a subscription.

I use HL Online for Pathfinder 2e, and it does all that in a relatively clean and straight forward manner.

Dreamerofdays

• Newb
« Reply #7 on: <08-23-19/2308:30> »

No, I haven't touched herolab since... 2010?? And the version I had didn't work that well. Guess it has come a long way. I'll check it out, thanks!

markelphoenix

• Omae
« Reply #8 on: <08-24-19/0835:06> »

No, I haven't touched herolab since... 2010?? And the version I had didn't work that well. Guess it has come a long way. I'll check it out, thanks!

Doing the HeroLab Online Char Creator for Pathfinder 2e has been a great experience. Really handy system.